Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 01 Dec 2017 (Friday) 17:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Problems with B&H Photo...

Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 04, 2017 00:34 |  #16

Another Update:

I decided to order another tripod, and bite the bullet on 1 day shipping, even though I do believe B&H is the at fault party for the tripod being lost / late. After researching, I decided to go with a slightly more expensive tripod and ball head combo, and will send back the original order. Of course Adorama and Amazon were both out of stock on the new tripod I selected, so I'm once again putting my faith in B&H. They say it will be here by Wed. Dec. 6 by 10:30am. It is odd to me though that their fastest one day shipping option is the same speed as Amazon Prime's two day free shipping option. If Amazon had the tripod I ordered in stock, I could have saved $70 and gotten my items on the same day. One day shipping for B&H is actually one day processing, then one day shipping.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,809 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 04, 2017 13:23 |  #17

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18510056 (external link)
They say it will be here by Wed. Dec. 6 by 10:30am.

Did you actually talk to a B&H sales agent on the phone, or did you just do your ordering online?

I have found that I get MUCH better service when talking to a live human who speaks English as a first language. . At B&H, the person you talk to actually personally makes sure that your order really is going out when it should, and sometimes they'll even send you an email (not an automated one) to let you know that everything got processed and shipped on time.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 04, 2017 13:34 |  #18

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18510398 (external link)

Did you actually talk to a B&H sales agent on the phone, or did you just do your ordering online?

I have found that I get MUCH better service when talking to a live human who speaks English as a first language. . At B&H, the person you talk to actually personally makes sure that your order really is going out when it should, and sometimes they'll even send you an email (not an automated one) to let you know that everything got processed and shipped on time.

I did not speak to a live person until I had issues. According to B&H everything was moving as it should though. The first image is the email they sent me when I placed the order. The second is the email they sent me when it shipped (although the tripod did not actually ship). Regardless, I've already spoken with B&H and will be refusing the tripod shipment when it arrives, and will be sending back the ballhead.

I was not pleased with the ballhead, and after researching decided to order a different tripod as well, so these will be going back.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 04, 2017 13:37 |  #19

And I also did not speak with an CS rep on the new order either, as it was late last night after they had closed. I wanted to get the order in ASAP to make sure it was here in time for my trip.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

NCSA197
Goldmember
1,254 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 04, 2017 18:06 |  #20

I AM surprised that you've had issues with B&H-- my history with them has been great. Knowing that there is a need to work around various holidays they observe has never troubled me. On my most recent order, some items for Christmas which were ordered early to ensure that they would be "in stock", the price was reduced right after Thanksgiving. After writing them a quick email, they were very good about adjusting the cost for me. They spent a few dollars, and gained more respect and loyalty. I've never had issues with them. (I've never had issues with Adorama, either, but seem to check B&H first as I find their webpage and mobile app easy to use. If Adorama has a mobile app, I've never been able to find it.)

Flickr (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 04, 2017 18:40 |  #21

NCSA197 wrote in post #18510644 (external link)
I AM surprised that you've had issues with B&H-- my history with them has been great. Knowing that there is a need to work around various holidays they observe has never troubled me. On my most recent order, some items for Christmas which were ordered early to ensure that they would be "in stock", the price was reduced right after Thanksgiving. After writing them a quick email, they were very good about adjusting the cost for me. They spent a few dollars, and gained more respect and loyalty. I've never had issues with them. (I've never had issues with Adorama, either, but seem to check B&H first as I find their webpage and mobile app easy to use. If Adorama has a mobile app, I've never been able to find it.)

I agree with all you've stated. This post was not to trash B&H as a company, just to bring some recent issues I've had with them up. And most of all to vent since they weren't going to have my gear to me before I left on my vacation. As of now it seems like everything is worked out. Two of the three items I ordered should be arriving tomorrow by 10:30am (according to UPS). The third still has no info, but I've been watching it closely in case I need to make a call.

Recently B&H did refund me a bit of money on the tripod and ballhead that have cause so much trouble, because they dropped about $25 off of the price right after I ordered. I almost felt bad about calling them today to tell them I needed to return them, but after research I found a tripod and ballhead combo that would serve my purposes better.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

henryp
417 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 05, 2017 08:21 |  #22

Web No: 1048373621
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. We received your order Dec 4th. It was shipped in three boxes, all on Dec 4th. UPS reports for two, "Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 12/05/2017 , by 10:30 A.M." For the third (containing the Benro head), UPS says, "12/05/2017 5:30 A.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time."

I am very sorry for UPS's uncharacteristic service and the inconvenience it's caused you.

Henry Posner (external link)
B&H Photo-Video (external link)

henryp
417 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 05, 2017 08:23 |  #23

TreeburnerCT wrote in post #18508811 (external link)
... I do find it annoying that they won't even let you place orders on the Sabbath. Seriously? Just wait to process the order, but if your web server is allowed to work why not the e-commerce server?

Strict Sabbath observance includes a "no commerce" rule which extends to the entire company and all employees. We regret this unavoidable inconvenience.

henryp
417 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 05, 2017 08:30 |  #24

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18509933 (external link)
I was of the understanding that everything shipped out together and would arrive together, because both orders said their estimated arrival date was Dec. 1st. B&H sent me an email letting me know that everything was shipped at the same time.

This is Web No: 1048099713, not the same order I referenced above. It was shipped in two packages., by UPS, not FedEx. One was handed off to UPS 11/28; the other 11/30. For the former, UPS says, "11/28/2017 9:06 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS," then "Delivered On:Friday, 12/01/2017 at 4:21 P.M." For the lattrer, UYPS says, "11/30/2017 9:18 P.M. (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS," then "Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 12/06/2017 , By End of Day"

Once again, we regret they delayed delivery.

henryp
417 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 05, 2017 08:38 |  #25

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18509943 (external link)
Well, in the last case (batteries for my a9) when I called them, they cancelled the order and sent out a new order created by them because, in the words of their customer service rep, "they were lost and no one knew where they were". So if you want to speak in technicalities (which it seems you do), the batteries I originally ordered never left their warehouse.

As far as I can determine this was our Web No: 1044985633, placed last May. The batteries were shipped via UPS in their own package. The package was lost while in UPS's possession and we shipped another. UPS said, "Package could not be located for intercept." They didn't say they never received it; they said they could not locate it. The batteries you originally ordered definitely left our warehouse.

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 05, 2017 08:38 |  #26

henryp wrote in post #18511043 (external link)
Web No: 1048373621
Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction. We received your order Dec 4th. It was shipped in three boxes, all on Dec 4th. UPS reports for two, "Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday, 12/05/2017 , by 10:30 A.M." For the third (containing the Benro head), UPS says, "12/05/2017 5:30 A.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your shipment is scheduled to arrive today after the delivery commitment time."

I am very sorry for UPS's uncharacteristic service and the inconvenience it's caused you.

Thank you for your response. However this is not the order I had issues with. This is the order I placed afterward with a $70 increased shipping cost to get it in one day because of the delay of the first order.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

henryp
417 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 05, 2017 08:44 |  #27

Jarvis Creative Studios wrote in post #18510056 (external link)
Another Update:

I decided to order another tripod, and bite the bullet on 1 day shipping,

As a courtesy I asked customer service to refund half the s&h fee applied to this transaction. It was shipped 12/4 in three packages.

THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,403 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Dec 05, 2017 08:49 |  #28

henryp wrote in post #18511069 (external link)
As a courtesy I asked customer service to refund half the s&h fee applied to this transaction. It was shipped 12/4 in three packages.

Thank you. That's very much appreciated.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,650 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Dec 08, 2017 05:19 |  #29

Here's a question: Since your trip was to NYC why not just visit the store to get what you need? When it comes to tripods I want to actually try them out in-store before buying.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

ONE30
I don't have a point!!!
4,265 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 08, 2017 12:17 |  #30

bumpintheroad wrote in post #18513179 (external link)
Here's a question: Since your trip was to NYC why not just visit the store to get what you need?

...excellent question, perhaps most(including me)enjoy items shipped because they're not taxed if delivered out of state(NY)

sponsored links

13,989 views & 79 likes for this thread
Problems with B&H Photo...
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.