Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 06 Jul 2017 (Thursday) 16:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Orlit RT 610 problems

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 04, 2017 18:36 |  #76

KatManDEW wrote in post #18510138 (external link)
I think I figured out at least part of my problems with the RT610 yesterday. The communication problems always begin last in a session, when the battery is at half power or less. I don't know why I never noticed that before, but that's when it started yesterday, and all of a sudden I rememered that is when it has always happened in the past.

It still operates with the lower battery level, but it loses communication frequently. More and more as the batter gets even lower.

Since I am happy with the system otherwise, for the most part, I guess I will get another battery.

Looking thru photos from yesterday, and the more I think back about previous experiences with the RT610, TTL also becomes less reliable when the battery begins to become depleted.

sponsored links
KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 04, 2017 18:39 |  #77

Just checking on another battery now. Wow - the battery is almost half the cost of the strobe with battery!

deejjjaaaa
150 posts
Joined Jul 2016

Dec 05, 2017 07:37 |  #78
bannedPermanent ban

the replacement tube that I purchased for Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) arrived (to replace the one that came broken as installed fro Adorama) and upon testing it with ORLIT TR-Q6 trigger for Sony (with updated firmware) I found that TTL is totally not working, so it seems the praise of Jinbei was way premature... and it is much worse that it was with ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL Monolight couple of month ago, much worse (it can't be called TTL at all - it failes at any aperture)... I probably will open a new topic tomorrow dedicated to TTL failures in Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) and supply raw files for public to see what we are being sold again and again... unbelievable

HelenOster
That's me!
4,432 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 05, 2017 13:12 |  #79

deejjjaaaa wrote in post #18511009 (external link)
the replacement tube that I purchased for Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) arrived (to replace the one that came broken as installed fro Adorama) and upon testing it with ORLIT TR-Q6 trigger for Sony (with updated firmware) I found that TTL is totally not working, so it seems the praise of Jinbei was way premature... and it is much worse that it was with ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL Monolight couple of month ago, much worse (it can't be called TTL at all - it failes at any aperture)... I probably will open a new topic tomorrow dedicated to TTL failures in Adorama ORLIT RoveLight RT 800AC TTL Studio Monolight (Jinbei) and supply raw files for public to see what we are being sold again and again... unbelievable

Please send your complaints to brands@adorama.com

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

deejjjaaaa
150 posts
Joined Jul 2016

Dec 09, 2017 12:31 |  #80
bannedPermanent ban

HelenOster wrote in post #18511288 (external link)
Please send your complaints to brands@adorama.com

as I promised I posted the test for public to see = https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18514135

there is _NO_ TTL whatsoever in 800 AC w/ TR-Q6 for Sony... not a bit

ethompson53
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Nov 2014

Dec 11, 2017 18:37 |  #81

Not to take matters to far from the subjects being discussed. After I updated the firmware on my Orlit RT610, I saw a new addition called TTL_F in the Wireless Remote Control section. Could that be pending for Fujifillm? Is a TR-Q6 TTL Flash Trigger in the works?

deejjjaaaa
150 posts
Joined Jul 2016

Dec 13, 2017 08:39 |  #82
bannedPermanent ban

ethompson53 wrote in post #18515696 (external link)
Not to take matters to far from the subjects being discussed. After I updated the firmware on my Orlit RT610, I saw a new addition called TTL_F in the Wireless Remote Control section. Could that be pending for Fujifillm? Is a TR-Q6 TTL Flash Trigger in the works?

why not - competition (for Jinbei that will be Godox at the price and may be quality level) did this - so it will be reasonable for Jinbei to add TTL support for Fuji and m43 too - still some money to be made ...

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Joined Jan 2005
Post edited 7 months ago by KatManDEW.

Dec 17, 2017 00:34 |  #83

Used the 610 this evening with speedlights for fill. Never needed the second battery. Didn't have any problems with lost RF connection, but TTL exposure was off several times, and in about every 25-30 shots it completely blew out the exposure. Fortunately we snagged quite a few keepers...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

deejjjaaaa
150 posts
Joined Jul 2016

Dec 19, 2017 13:40 |  #84
bannedPermanent ban

deejjjaaaa wrote in post #18516869 (external link)
why not - competition (for Jinbei that will be Godox at the price and may be quality level) did this - so it will be reasonable for Jinbei to add TTL support for Fuji and m43 too - still some money to be made ...

it arrived = https://www.adorama.co​m/orrrtrq6f.html (external link)

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 20, 2017 09:11 |  #85

Update: I photographed kids with Santa in a large grocery store yesterday. With the Canon ST-E3-RT, the Orlit RT 610 would pop once or twice, then nothing. I was trying to use it with speedlites too, but I tried with and without speedlites, TTL, and manual flash, and nothing helped. The Orlit RT 610 would pop once or twice, then nothing.

So I switched to the ORLIT TR-Q6 transmitter and it worked reliably with the RT 610. But no way, no how, could I get the TR-Q6 transmitter to link with any speedlites. I normally use the Canon ST-E3-RT, but I have used the TR-Q6 with speedlites before and I never had any trouble getting it to link with speedlites.

The Canon ST-E3-RT had no trouble linking to any speedlites in there yesterday.

I assume the problems were due to lots of fluorescent lights and appliances in the store, but is was not a good situation...

KatManDEW
THREAD ­ STARTER
637 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 27, 2017 13:37 |  #86

KatManDEW wrote in post #18522444 (external link)
Update: I photographed kids with Santa in a large grocery store yesterday. With the Canon ST-E3-RT, the Orlit RT 610 would pop once or twice, then nothing. I was trying to use it with speedlites too, but I tried with and without speedlites, TTL, and manual flash, and nothing helped. The Orlit RT 610 would pop once or twice, then nothing.

So I switched to the ORLIT TR-Q6 transmitter and it worked reliably with the RT 610. But no way, no how, could I get the TR-Q6 transmitter to link with any speedlites. I normally use the Canon ST-E3-RT, but I have used the TR-Q6 with speedlites before and I never had any trouble getting it to link with speedlites.

The Canon ST-E3-RT had no trouble linking to any speedlites in there yesterday.

I assume the problems were due to lots of fluorescent lights and appliances in the store, but is was not a good situation...

Helen replied over at Fred Miranda. The problem with the TR-Q6 transmitter and speedlites was that I didn't have the TR-Q6 transmitter in the correct operation mode.

OceanRipple*
819 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Dec 27, 2017 16:21 as a reply to  @ KatManDEW's post |  #87

Tx for sharing. The Modes are RT versus RF on the TR-Q6.

I'm still using Jinbei 611 transceiver & receivers (for Ex Speedlites) with no problems. But I may 'upgrade' to the TR-Q6 if I ever feel the need - so it's good to know the wrinkles.

sponsored links

48,334 views & 15 likes for this thread
Orlit RT 610 problems
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.