Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Dec 2017 (Saturday) 08:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ADORAMA CANON 400mm f2.8 IS II price changes

this thread is locked
HelenOster
That's me!
4,500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Dec 09, 2017 15:19 |  #61

bobbyz wrote in post #18514124 (external link)
But like mentioned in another threads for example, warranty is not the same when buying Adorama stuff from Amzon vs buying directly from Adorama. Atleast that is my understanding.

It should be the same!!! If you have another experience, please email me: Helen@adorama.com

sponsored links
thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by thinkharder.

Dec 10, 2017 11:10 |  #62
bannedPermanent ban

HelenOster wrote in post #18514242 (external link)
It should be the same!!! If you have another experience, please email me: Helen@adorama.com

Instead of monitoring what is been saying in this forum.
why not resolved other customer that has issued that had order online on your website. because your online support
need training. So you need to spend more time training your online support instead. :lol::lol::lol:

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,922 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by Tom Reichner.

Dec 10, 2017 11:26 |  #63

thinkharder wrote in post #18508769 (external link)
I understand the price change but when I call them directly they lied to me and said there where no posting through amazon at all for $7,999.99. just tell me the truth about you pulling the ad and the price change.

Once they lied to me I will not trust them and buying anything from them. Will shop at B&H Photo

This is what the "screen capture" option on your computer is for. . If you had done a screen capture of that ad, and made sure to include the full web address at the top, and told them that you have this documentation, then perhaps things would have gone differently for you. . Probably not ....... but at least you would have given yourself a chance to show the Adorama phone employee that they really did used to have a 400 f2.8 for that price.

A screen capture takes about a second and a half to do - what's to lose? . Whenever I see something online that I think might be changed or removed, I do a quick screen capture to make sure it is preserved - this even includes many people's posts here on POTN!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 10, 2017 11:30 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #64
bannedPermanent ban

Thank for the tip next time I will do that.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,922 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by Tom Reichner. (2 edits in all)

Dec 10, 2017 11:33 |  #65

thinkharder wrote in post #18514684 (external link)
Helen you need to stop been rude to people.

I can't believe I am seeing this. Helen is one of the most respected people here. She is always completely honest and completely helpful and goes beyond the call of duty to make sure that Adorama customers and potential Adorama customers are treated wonderfully. She wasn't rude to ANYONE in this thread, so why on earth did you accuse her of being so?

The short exchange below just goes to show that Helen is on OUR side - the customer's side, when it comes to Adorama policies:

bobbyz wrote in post #18514124 (external link)
But like mentioned in another threads for example, warranty is not the same when buying Adorama stuff from Amzon vs buying directly from Adorama. Atleast that is my understanding.

HelenOster wrote in post #18514242 (external link)

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 10, 2017 11:40 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #66
bannedPermanent ban

There I just removed the word RUDE so don't get upset and have a heart attack. Calm down and breathe slowly.

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by Bassat.

Dec 10, 2017 11:56 |  #67

At this point, I think it would be wholly and completely appropriate for Adorama and Helen Oster to simply write you off as one of those customers who will never be pleased with anything the organization does to rectify the situation. I work in direct customer service. Sometimes we just have to accept that a customer doesn't actually WANT satisfaction, they only want to COMPLAIN that they are not satisfied. Nobody wants or needs a rude, obnoxious, complaining customer who refuses to be satisfied. The time wasted in these types of situations can be better spent helping those with legitimate complaints who are striving to work with the providers to rectify the situation. If you were in my workplace, I promise you that you'd already be getting service from me that constituted the absolute minimum I could do for you and still be thought of (by co-workers and superiors, not you) as doing my job.

thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Post edited over 1 year ago by thinkharder.

Dec 10, 2017 12:09 |  #68
bannedPermanent ban

Bassat wrote in post #18514733 (external link)
At this point, I think it would be wholly and completely appropriate for Adorama and Helen Oster to simply write you off as one of those customers who will never be pleased with anything the organization does to rectify the situation. I work in direct customer service. Sometimes we just have to accept that a customer doesn't actually WANT satisfaction, they only want to COMPLAIN that they are not satisfied. Nobody wants or needs a rude, obnoxious, complaining customer who refuses to be satisfied. The time wasted in these types of situations can be better spent helping those with legitimate complaints who are striving to work with the providers to rectify the situation. If you were in my workplace, I promise you that you'd already be getting service from me that constituted the absolute minimum I could do for you and still be thought of (by co-workers and superiors, not you) as doing my job.

Then I guest you need to be retrain.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,131 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Dec 10, 2017 12:11 |  #69

Why not waffle less and make the purchase? You just let somebody else get the lens before you. You fall to recognize this fact.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: 2x Teleconverter
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 10, 2017 12:38 |  #70
bannedPermanent ban

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18514753 (external link)
Why not waffle less and make the purchase? You just let somebody else get the lens before you. You fall to recognize this fact.

I don't like waffle I prefer pancakes.:lol::lol::lol:

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Dec 10, 2017 12:50 |  #71

thinkharder wrote in post #18514749 (external link)
Then I guest you need to be retrain.

Yes, sir. I certainly do need to be retrained.

I need to be retrained because you:
1.) posted a thread with a completely false title.
2.) refuse to comply with rules for getting what you want.
3.) refuse to believe that you are contributing to your own dilemma.
4.) insult and belittle those who are honestly trying to help you.
5.) continue to complain about the service you didn't get here, after you've already gone elsewhere to get what you want.
6.) continue to make negative, disparaging comments in other threads you start.

I will seek retraining immediately. Please do us all the favor of holding your breath until my retraining is complete.

Furlan
742 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 10, 2017 13:19 |  #72

Been biting my tongue on this one so here is the bottom line "He who hesitates is lost" end of case.

thinkharder
THREAD ­ STARTER
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 10, 2017 13:52 as a reply to  @ Furlan's post |  #73
bannedPermanent ban

Merry Christmas everyone time for me to moved on. My Son Canon 1DX II and canon 400mm f2.8 IS II came yesterday.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This lens is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now have to wrap it up and put under the Christmas tree.

So now shopping for a new kit for myself Nikon 5D and the Nikkor 800mm lens. or getting the same canon 1DX II and canon 800mm lens
so we can shared. Will Do research on Nikon.

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,134 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Dec 10, 2017 16:38 |  #74

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18514753 (external link)

As we used to say, "You snooze, you lose."

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

sponsored links

6,747 views & 82 likes for this thread
ADORAMA CANON 400mm f2.8 IS II price changes
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.