Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 15 Dec 2017 (Friday) 08:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Raimonda

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
1,900 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 15, 2017 08:24 |  #1

Would you believe - in color!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

sponsored links
rioni
Goldmember
1,509 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2010
Post edited 7 months ago by rioni.

Dec 15, 2017 22:51 |  #2

I like the picture and the tone. I'd remove the bokeh swirl next to her nose/+ bold green and up the shadows on her to make things stand out more.

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,242 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

Dec 16, 2017 07:49 |  #3

I wish the car wasn't there next to her chin.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
1,927 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Nov 2016
Post edited 7 months ago by DaviSto. (2 edits in all)

Dec 18, 2017 17:13 |  #4

Yes ... I really like the foreground and the way the subject is captured. No ... the background seriously intrudes. If you had just managed to catch a moment when the lights of those two cars had not encroached (the one approaching, the other receding), I think it would be twice the photograph.

Maybe you can clean them out or tone them down.

Edit: out of focus highlights aside, I really like the muted colours. (By your own standards, the colour is, of course, vivid: highly saturated and vibrant. :-))

David.
Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
I am a nice and fluffy dude
1,900 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 19, 2017 02:50 |  #5

And that's why I am posting images here. because you guys pointing out obvious things I am lazy to see :] Agreed on that light on the nose. It's pure laziness on my part :]

About those muted/vivid: hah, that cracked me up, mate :D Yeah. If I open up, I usually do color grading - it does have color, but doesn't eat up details as much. And is prettier :D

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,065 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 19, 2017 10:56 |  #6

I love the way that you used colour in this image, Osh.

It's such a wonderful background, too.

Of course, as others have already said, the placement of the car and the light, in relation to her face, is not ideal ....... but you already know that.

Another thing I noticed is that the verticals are not vertical. . This is not distortion, because the verticals on both sides of the frame are tilted the same way. . So the camera was tilted when the shot was taken. . I don't know if this is bad or not - the image works for me even though things are off-balance. . But it may be something that you want to be more conscious of the next time you are shooting such a scene.

Overall a very strong image because of that wonderful background and the creativity used to show that background from such a lofty perspective.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sponsored links

772 views & 6 likes for this thread
Raimonda
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.