Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,585 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 19, 2017 17:34 |  #9136

shoshone wrote in post #18522073 (external link)
Note I have four Adobe products involved to re-install? Surely the Adobe Tail is wagging the Customer Dog? Or am I just so out of touch with reality that I don’t get it?
Ask for help (not you) and mention dictatorship and the last thing you are going to get is helpful/understanding responses but rather invective as if I’m making up “Authoritarian dictatorships”.
Gimme a break. It isn’t THAT important so as you were. My apologies for asking.
Regards
Jamie

I wasn't being snarky Jamie. Legitimately asking if you can just uninstall CC and install a 'clean' version of LR6 with the last update because again, I'm open to cancelling my CC membership and using Capture one and PS CS6 whenever I need to do anything heavier in post.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII
Zeiss Loxia 21 - Canon 24-70 2.8LII - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - Sony 50 1.8 - Sony 85GM - Sigma 135 f1.8 ART

sponsored links
TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,624 posts
Gallery: 366 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 19, 2017 17:39 |  #9137

shoshone wrote in post #18522073 (external link)
Note I have four Adobe products involved to re-install? Surely the Adobe Tail is wagging the Customer Dog? Or am I just so out of touch with reality that I don’t get it?
Ask for help (not you) and mention dictatorship and the last thing you are going to get is helpful/understanding responses but rather invective as if I’m making up “Authoritarian dictatorships”.
Gimme a break. It isn’t THAT important so as you were. My apologies for asking.
Regards
Jamie

Did you consider that maybe no one else has had the samr issue and we dont know how to help...

I can say that responses such as yours to David wont persuade anyone to offer suggestions...

If you are so peeved at Adobe...move on to something else...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,070 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 19, 2017 17:48 |  #9138

gregr2 wrote in post #18522078 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by gregr2 in
./showthread.php?p=185​22078&i=i109222365
forum: Sony Cameras

Beautiful space and capture. I’d love to see more. :)

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

gregr2
Goldmember
1,468 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 19, 2017 17:52 as a reply to  @ David Arbogast's post |  #9139

Thanks David. This was from our European vacation in the fall and in particular this one is from Budapest. I'll see what else I have from this particular cathedral.

Flickr (external link)
Sony A6500

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,568 posts
Gallery: 327 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 19, 2017 18:08 |  #9140

digital_AM wrote in post #18521749 (external link)
Really interesting blog post by one my favorite photographers. Definitely gives you something to think about regarding the influence social media can have on us.

https://www.throughstr​angelenses.com …avent-been-taking-photos/ (external link)

Excellent read. I deleted Facebook from my phone about a year ago. The election last year polarized so many and Facebook was where everyone felt they could give up any respect for others opinions. As the blog says, I lost some faith in humanity. I struggle getting my wife to put her phone aside. It’s a real struggle. Our generations’ challenge seems to be balancing the new technology, internet and the real world.

Canon EOS M6 - EOS R - EF, EF-M and RF lenses
Donate for Forum Costs

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,585 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 19, 2017 18:16 |  #9141

My wife got rid of her facebook and I'm tempted to do the same. When I think about it, the interactions that I observe on it are very often negative, and that negativity spills out of the digital realm and into the real one too. I find that I don't engage in it as much as I used to because of that. The interactions on there carry such heavy implications that it just flat out isn't fun anymore. It's very different now than from the early days of facebook where it was more light hearted and truly about connecting with people.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII
Zeiss Loxia 21 - Canon 24-70 2.8LII - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - Sony 50 1.8 - Sony 85GM - Sigma 135 f1.8 ART

Puckman
Cream of the Crop
6,311 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Dec 19, 2017 18:22 |  #9142

gregr2 wrote in post #18522078 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by gregr2 in
./showthread.php?p=185​22078&i=i109222365
forum: Sony Cameras

I hope you don't mind the feedback, but this is a gorgeous shot. I just wish the verticals were corrected.

Sony A7RII and a bunch of lenses.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,070 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 19, 2017 18:26 |  #9143

I confess I never really got what Facebook is supposed to be about.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, CV 40mm, FE 50mm ZA, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
5,725 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

Dec 19, 2017 18:42 |  #9144

Really interesting blog post by one my favorite photographers. Definitely gives you something to think about regarding the influence social media can have on us.

https://www.throughstr​angelenses.com …avent-been-taking-photos/ (external link)

A favorite of mine as well.

My Gear flickr (external link)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,585 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 19, 2017 18:43 |  #9145

David Arbogast wrote in post #18522147 (external link)
I confess I never really got what Facebook is supposed to be about.

It's for finding friends and relatives you haven't spoken to or seen in decades....so you can pick political fights with them

α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,542 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 19, 2017 18:45 |  #9146

mystik610 wrote in post #18522142 (external link)
My wife got rid of her facebook and I'm tempted to do the same. When I think about it, the interactions that I observe on it are very often negative, and that negativity spills out of the digital realm and into the real one too. I find that I don't engage in it as much as I used to because of that. The interactions on there carry such heavy implications that it just flat out isn't fun anymore. It's very different now than from the early days of facebook where it was more light hearted and truly about connecting with people.

everyone I know that's gotten out, has gotten back in :-P

I say adapt to it, sit down a bit and change up all of your permissions. The vast reach is very powerful.

Protip: accept all friend requests, however change everyone to acquaintance except for very close folks.
disable friends list so you dont get hacked.
hide contact info like email and phone for all acquaintances. Default post = friends except acquaintances.
Set your feed as moderated, people can tag you all they want, wont show up in any feed but their own.

basically privacy and timeline and tagging needs to be changed up quite a bit, and that'll ensure that you dont get dragged into some toxic online rant. Tagging me would get no reaction from anyone, it's a good way of shutting down negativity, should someone try to go rogue on you.

Most importantly, self restraint. I see this from many folks that have been using social media from the beginning. They have 0 activity and lurk the whole time, but they are still subject of being dragged into a spat without tag changes.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 35/2.8 - SY 35/1.4 AF - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

randy98mtu
Goldmember
3,568 posts
Gallery: 327 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 19, 2017 18:47 |  #9147

mystik610 wrote in post #18522157 (external link)
It's for finding friends and relatives you haven't spoken to or seen in decades....so you can pick political fights with them

And realize why you stopped talking to them decades ago.

Canon EOS M6 - EOS R - EF, EF-M and RF lenses
Donate for Forum Costs

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,889 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Dec 19, 2017 18:49 |  #9148

Thanks for sharing ...

I admit I am an internet addict..
I don't watch regular tv..(Netflix , and only with the wife ,its our time together )

I used to enjoy facebook.. and then I had people from high school (1990-94 for me) finding me to be friends .. and I accepted , although most were people I never even said more than "hey " as we passed each other in the hallway in HS.. anyway the race for the most followers was weird to me , because I didn't get what was so interesting about my life or thiers that i'd want to follow them, I didn't know or care about them or them about me ..( sounds horrible but i'm being honest here).so why do i care that a stranger pretty much is taking his kids to the park?
so I deleted all those . and only kept real friends and family .. because I am interested in what they are doing
then some members of my family became very politically opinionated on FB.. which became very annoying .. i thought facebook with frineds and family was supposed to be just lifes "fluff" , not constant opinions about politics...

anyway i used to check it every second ..i rarely go there.. and i don't miss it..well not in that way..

recently joined a Fuji group and so i check in every now then for that

Now theres Instagram..most of the people i follow are in the photography world.. i'm addicted to that now .. and checking in here on POTN .. FM also kind of , but the layout is different and i don't find it as easy to share photos .. and then when i'm home there youtube.. countless hours have been lost to youtube..
I actually believe that the internet has given me some sort of attention defecit disorder.. i find that i get bored very easily and need that constant visual stimulation.,,.

I miss the days when all i need was a good book... oh and fishing , although i wasn't good at it but i could sit there for hours with nothing in the bucket perfectly content .. and i was ok ,,, i didn't have a phone to check.. no internet ..

anyways.. I've been trying harder to get out and shoot more (and have been succeeding somewhat ) ... exercise .. go out for dinner , walks etc.. just get in touch with real life , as i feel like i do way too much watching others do on the internet what i'll do tomorrow , or next week

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
8,585 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 19, 2017 18:53 |  #9149

Charlie wrote in post #18522161 (external link)
everyone I know that's gotten out, has gotten back in :-P

I say adapt to it, sit down a bit and change up all of your permissions. The vast reach is very powerful.

Protip: accept all friend requests, however change everyone to acquaintance except for very close folks.
disable friends list so you dont get hacked.
hide contact info like email and phone for all acquaintances. Default post = friends except acquaintances.
Set your feed as moderated, people can tag you all they want, wont show up in any feed but their own.

basically privacy and timeline and tagging needs to be changed up quite a bit, and that'll ensure that you dont get dragged into some toxic online rant. Tagging me would get no reaction from anyone, it's a good way of shutting down negativity, should someone try to go rogue on you.

Most importantly, self restraint. I see this from many folks that have been using social media from the beginning. They have 0 activity and lurk the whole time, but they are still subject of being dragged into a spat without tag changes.

Too much work.

I just don't post on it any more.

Nowadays my main enjoyment from FB is heating up some popcorn and watching sh!t go down from the sidelines lol.

α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α7ʀIII

gregr2
Goldmember
1,468 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 19, 2017 18:57 |  #9150

Puckman wrote in post #18522146 (external link)
I hope you don't mind the feedback, but this is a gorgeous shot. I just wish the verticals were corrected.

I completely understand. I made quite a bit of correction to the verticals, I guess I need to take it further.

Flickr (external link)
Sony A6500

sponsored links

1,777,017 views & 55,196 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.