Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 09 Dec 2016 (Friday) 20:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kitty Cat Diary (standard edition)

ranmasu
268 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 21, 2017 15:45 |  #46

Lunatique wrote in post #18280748 (external link)
@Randy - BTW, others have asked about the a7RII shot with the noise, and I explained the process as well as posted the version without the B/W composite with the film grain simulation here: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18280744

Thanks Lunatique! Grain or no grain it's a beautiful picture!

Randy

sponsored links
Jethr0
Goldmember
1,033 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Feb 21, 2017 17:20 |  #47

To be honest I didn't see any grain. Just your beautiful photogenic wife, and the connection you guys share is conveyed through your images.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
381 posts
Gallery: 132 photos
Joined Jul 2003
Post edited 10 months ago by Lunatique. (2 edits in all)

Dec 21, 2017 20:02 |  #48

Been a while since I posted. 2017's been a really bad year, so haven't had the head space for the Kitty Cat Diary. Hopefully 2018 will be a much better year.

Kitty Cat asked me to shoot some photos during the holiday season, and when she asks, there's no way I'd say no.

(BTW, I'm selling my Sony 85mm f/1.4 G Master lens: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18523692)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,569 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Dec 21, 2017 20:29 |  #49

Gorgeous as always. Hope things get better for you in 2018. I've missed your posts.

Mark

EOS_Fan
276 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 22, 2017 03:43 |  #50

Great to see your work again :-)

I hope 2018 is a better year for you and you lovely lady :-)

Flickr (external link)

harryh813
861 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Mar 2017
Post edited 10 months ago by harryh813.

Dec 22, 2017 06:06 |  #51

Lunatique wrote in post #18523706 (external link)
Been a while since I posted. 2017's been a really bad year, so haven't had the head space for the Kitty Cat Diary. Hopefully 2018 will be a much better year.

Kitty Cat asked me to shoot some photos during the holiday season, and when she asks, there's no way I'd say no.

(BTW, I'm selling my Sony 85mm f/1.4 G Master lens: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=18523692)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Lunatique in
./showthread.php?p=185​23706&i=i58662838
forum: People

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=185​23706&i=i8928441

Great pics. Beautiful woman. Hope you have a better 2018!

harryh813
861 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Mar 2017

Dec 26, 2017 05:52 |  #52

Lunatique wrote in post #18208388 (external link)
I've been posting in the "Post your best wife shots" thread for a couple of years, and recently it's been suggested that I should start a dedicated thread for my Kitty Cat Diary entries. After some consideration, I've decided to give it a try, since in the past I've had a similar idea when I was concerned that I might be hogging that thread a bit much. Also, a while back I started a dedicated thread in the G&N forum (Kitty Cat Diary (Glamour Edition) because some of my photos got deleted in the people's forum for being a bit too intimate, and that turned out to be a good idea. So here we are, the "Kitty Cat Diary (Standard Edition)."

You might be wondering what the heck is the Kitty Cat Diary? There are no kittens obviously, so what's up? Basically, the Kitty Cat Diary is a photo diary of my adorkable wife, and it's what happens when a photographer marries a woman who doesn't mind having a camera pointed at her during everyday life. Elena (A.K.A. Kitty Cat, because my nicknames for her all revolve around the theme of a cat.) is my favorite subject to photograph--there's just something very therapeutic about grabbing a camera and capturing the person you love the most in the world, while combining that with creativity and aesthetic sensibility. This interaction has brought us a lot of joy over the years and captured a lot of precious memories.

Sometimes we just want to be casual and spontaneous and have fun, recording daily life with snapshots, and sometimes we're more deliberate and try to aim for specific aesthetic sensibility. I try not to get bogged down with too much cumbersome gear, which is why I tend to only use available light and avoid using strobes, reflectors, etc.--anything that takes up room or weighs a lot. Often we just go out with me carrying a small holster pouch, and at home I'd sometimes use battery-powered LED lights (sometimes shooting through a diffuser) or bounced fill-flash or flash diffusers (such as the Demb Flip-It or Wing Light). I favor the portable LED lights more because I prefer WYSISYG. Most of the time it's just available light though, because I prefer to be more spontaneous, and capturing the moment is often more important to me than the need to achieve excellent photography. So basically, within the ethos of "keeping it simple," we try to do the best we can.

We've gotten amazing responses (both praises and critiques) from this community, and we look forward to sharing more of our joy with all of you. If you would like to get to know Elena better, you can check out her bio (external link).

I'm going to start posting photos of Elena in this thread instead of the wife thread from this point on (and the more intimate photos will go in the Glamour Edition in the G&N forum). I'll also be reposting past photos I've posted to the wife thread in here, so that those who are interested won't won't have to go hunt for them in that very long thread, or dig through my gallery and have to load up entire pages full of other photos just to see specific photos.

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=182​08388&i=i114582162

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=182​08388&i=i23948586

These are very nice. #2,4 & 6 are my favorites of this set.

DavidDrickhamer
20 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Jul 27, 2018 10:53 as a reply to  @ post 18240126 |  #53

Gorgeous

ICee
414 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Jul 29, 2018 08:44 |  #54

More please you both have been missed.

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
381 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Aug 05, 2018 16:29 |  #55

ICee wrote in post #18672948 (external link)
More please you both have been missed.

I've been meaning to, but our lives have changed a lot and we're both super busy, so it's hard. We do try to shoot when we have a little bit of time, but it's been hard to squeeze out more time to do the editing.

Here are a couple of recent ones I haven't posted yet:

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

My website (art, music, photography, writing): http://www.ethereality​.info/ (external link)

photorider
614 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Aug 05, 2018 22:02 |  #56

Lunatique wrote in post #18678032 (external link)
I've been meaning to, but our lives have changed a lot and we're both super busy, so it's hard. We do try to shoot when we have a little bit of time, but it's been hard to squeeze out more time to do the editing.

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​78032&i=i60148098

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​78032&i=i256973106

Thank you for making the time for both of you to share your beautiful art.

Trever Canon 7D, 24-70 F2.8L ii, Sigma 10-20 1:4-5.6 DC HSM, and a bunch of other little stuff to make light sorta work. Deviant (external link)

Pinto
Always in our hearts and minds. R.I.P.
3,124 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Aug 06, 2018 12:47 |  #57

Lunatique wrote in post #18678032 (external link)

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​78032&i=i60148098

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​78032&i=i256973106

Glad to have you and your lovely bride back.

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,771 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 10, 2018 08:42 |  #58

photorider wrote in post #18240445 (external link)
I have been following your threads with Elena and you're both fantastic. You capture her so well and she is fantastic in front of the camera. But this photo.... This is stunning. The emotion, the compositon and execution of the shot are simply fantastic. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

i agree 1000%. i want to print this 20x30 and hang it in my living room. there is SO MUCH emotion in this image that transcends all of your other work...

not to say your other work is NOT good, its amazing and your wife is amazingly beautiful but this image...

very moving....

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,771 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 10, 2018 08:45 |  #59

and yet ONE MORE amazing image. right up there with Richard Avedon...

Lunatique
THREAD ­ STARTER
381 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Post edited 3 months ago by Lunatique.

Aug 11, 2018 17:38 |  #60

Ltdave wrote in post #18681402 (external link)
i agree 1000%. i want to print this 20x30 and hang it in my living room. there is SO MUCH emotion in this image that transcends all of your other work...

not to say your other work is NOT good, its amazing and your wife is amazingly beautiful but this image...

very moving....

Ltdave wrote in post #18681406 (external link)
and yet ONE MORE amazing image. right up there with Richard Avedon...

You guys are waaaaay too kind. I hope I can live up to your praises and expectations. :-)

sponsored links

34,372 views & 305 likes for this thread
Kitty Cat Diary (standard edition)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.