Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 31 Dec 2017 (Sunday) 09:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

On 1 software think i might jump on this

sssc
546 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 31, 2017 09:23 |  #1

If you type in New year you get another 10.00$ off. Not plugging this but you get everything they have to offer looks like. with less than 13 hours on sale .https://www.on1.com …%20ON1%20Holida​y%20Bundle (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Keith- EOS REBEL T2i 18-55,55-250.85 1/8. 100-400L. 10-22 f/3.5-4.5. 24-105mm f/4L IS

sponsored links
MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
12,777 posts
Gallery: 1161 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Feb 2013

Dec 31, 2017 09:35 |  #2

I'm using On1 RAW and really like it. For the cost, and no subscription, it does a great job. It's shadow lifting and highlight recovery is excellent and it's built in HDR merge and other features they keep adding are excellent too.

Some examples in my thread: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1489287

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,108 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined May 2008

Dec 31, 2017 12:11 |  #3

I played with the trial version of ON1 for a bit, but really liked what I saw with the trial of DxO Photo Lab so went that route instead as my Lightroom replacement. I didn't really give ON1 as much of a trial as DxO, though, so ON1 may have worked for me, too, if I had spent as much time trying it out. That certainly is an attractive price.

Photo Gallery (external link)
Gear List

agedbriar
Goldmember
2,553 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 31, 2017 14:28 |  #4

I bought ON1 Photo Raw 2017 on impulse and now I'm not using it because Canon's DPP and DxO Optics Pro 9 deliver a higher quality base raw conversion.

Not sure about ON1 2018 though.

sssc
THREAD ­ STARTER
546 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 31, 2017 19:34 |  #5

Been playing with both of these and like the way i can get around in DXO. Guess its in my mind but seems more to my taste and the way my brain thinks. Just feel awkward or out of balance with On1 at this point. But this is day 1 for both of them. Just thankful i didn't jump and buy right now. Photos/Raw look good in both programs.

Keith- EOS REBEL T2i 18-55,55-250.85 1/8. 100-400L. 10-22 f/3.5-4.5. 24-105mm f/4L IS

MCAsan
Goldmember
3,731 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 01, 2018 08:30 |  #6

Had Photo RAW for years and dropped it. On1 never fulfilled the commitments to finish building the DAM, do M43 lens corrections from raw file data (not LensFun), do a non-destructive replacement of Layers and Resize.....etc.

DagoImaging
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Jan 01, 2018 15:28 |  #7

I had/have 2017 version. Buggy at best for me and it just doesn't hold up for my workflow. painfully slow compared to everything else I use.

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

hoods
76 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 01, 2018 19:22 |  #8

I got that deal for On1 at $64.
I have a lot of problems with it freezing up. Losing everything I worked on.
Its very slow on my computer.

I like that DxO , but it dosn't support .RAF files. Maybe in the future they will.
They bought NIKs and I really like that software.

Right now I'm having fun with Darktable. They just released a Window version.
Runs real well on my computer. Supports the Fuji files and its FREE.
For me its doing a much better job then On1.
It just has a much bigger learning curve.

hoods
76 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 03, 2018 09:08 |  #9

I feel bad for bad mouthing On1. I spoke to soon.

This morning I uninstalled and deleted every file I could find for On1 on my computer.
I then reinstalled and the program is running fantastic.
Much faster, as of now I have not been able to make it freeze.

Sorry for misleading anybody.

sponsored links

2,443 views & 10 likes for this thread
On 1 software think i might jump on this
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.