Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 12 Feb 2015 (Thursday) 10:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Hockey Thread!!! From the NHL to Little League Games... Post them up and share!!!

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 02, 2017 09:29 as a reply to  @ post 18508716 |  #256

Number 10 was certainly memorable!

sponsored links
Ltdave
Goldmember
2,629 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Apr 2012
Post edited 8 months ago by Ltdave.

Dec 08, 2017 23:48 |  #257

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

some bad blood going on in this game from 2 December

HOSTED PHOTO

the forward took exception to the defenceman so he bowled him over in the same game

darrell52
220 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 09, 2017 14:40 |  #258

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4555/27164870609_131bc0a7e9_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Hot4​C6  (external link) Dec. 7, 2017 vs Drummondville-35 (external link) by Darrell Theriault (external link), on Flickr

A shot from a recent game between the Charlottetown Islanders and the Drummondville Voltigeurs.
And here is the whole team

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4547/38942653721_eb6230e331_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/22ke​hda  (external link) Team Photo with Shadow (external link) by Darrell Theriault (external link), on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Gear List: 5D MkIV, Canon 1Dx , 16-35 Mk II, 24-70 MkII, 70-200 f/2.8 MkII, 300 f/2.8 IS, 135 f/2.0, Zeiss 21 f/2.8, Sigma 35 f/1.4 Art, Zeiss 50 f/2.0, Tamron 90 f/2.8, Canon 14 f/2.8L, Canon 15 f/2.8 Fisheye

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited 8 months ago by henry albert.

Dec 09, 2017 21:58 as a reply to  @ Ltdave's post |  #259

How many game misconducts?:-) Love the bottom one.

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Dec 09, 2017 22:17 |  #260

I spent my day at a slightly lower talent level, shooting a 10U girls tournament. They're a little rough around the edges, but you won't find anyone having more fun on ice. They chant and sing, dance and laugh. I've always thought the little girls have more fun than the boys. The boys seem to take it all a little too seriously.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,629 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 30, 2017 13:30 |  #261

more FHL action from last night.

Port Huron Prowlers hosting North Shore Knights.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,629 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Dec 31, 2017 15:52 |  #262

HOSTED PHOTO

deveraux
597 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Dec 31, 2017 21:48 |  #263

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/Sports/HockeyPhotos/IceHogs-2017-2018/10-27-17-IceHogs-vs-Admirals/i-g3qVZF7/0/e1733c4e/X2/CC6Q5439_1962-X2.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://photos.smugmug​.com …5439_1962-X2.jpg&lb=1&s=A  (external link) www.ReicherStudios.com (external link)

www.ReicherStudios.com (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)
1DX, Gripped 5Dmk2 | Canon 16-35L II | Canon 24-70L 2.8 II | Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS II | Canon 300L 2.8 IS II | Canon 100L 2.8 Macro | Canon 85L 1.2 II | Canon MP-E 65mm | Sigma 15 2.8 DX fisheye | Canon TC 2X III | MT-24EX | 580EX II | Gitzo 1541T+Markins Q3T | Full Gear List

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited 7 months ago by henry albert.

Jan 01, 2018 09:33 |  #264

A few from holiday high school tournaments.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Jan 01, 2018 09:35 |  #265

...coupla more...

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

henry ­ albert
44 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Jan 01, 2018 09:43 |  #266

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Ischgl99
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined May 2014

Jan 03, 2018 13:07 |  #267

Ltdave wrote in post #18307203 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Federal Hockey League
Port Huron Prowlers score on Danbury Titans

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://smg.photobucket​.com …98-2_zpsirpmhd9z.jpg.html  (external link)

Port Huron goalie misses with his stick but gets a pad stop

i HATE the lighting in our barn. High Pressure Sodium/Mercury Vapor (i never remember which is orange light, which is white ISH, but its so very flat. could stand to have another stop or two of intensity too...

It's nice seeing some photos of my Titans! We are going through withdrawls, they folded the team last summer due to high insurance costs, so no pro hockey closer than an hour away now, and they don't allow DSLRs in the arena.

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,629 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jan 03, 2018 14:59 |  #268

Ischgl99 wrote in post #18532571 (external link)
It's nice seeing some photos of my Titans! We are going through withdrawls, they folded the team last summer due to high insurance costs, so no pro hockey closer than an hour away now, and they don't allow DSLRs in the arena.

i know they folded and its a shame. 7 teams in the league kind of gets a little boring after a while...

i took these kind of on a whim, because there was a guy (GWAC) who was trying to be the team photographer who really was in over his head. hes shooting a consumer Nikon (nothing wrong with that) but with a kit 75-300 f900 or something on the long end. his images (he still shoots for himself and posts several HUNDRED from every home game) were either underexposed and blurry, just underexposed, just blurry or missing all manner of subject matter...

im shooting for the team now and these really arent the best but im struggling with post processing. im pushing ISO to 4000 and sometimes 5200 (if thats the next step) and then throwing some copious NR on them. i probably dont need as much as i put on but when i "edit" at 1:1 they look really grainy!

im glad you liked the shots. or at least liked seeing your team regardless of liking the images lol...

Ischgl99
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined May 2014

Jan 04, 2018 11:51 as a reply to  @ Ltdave's post |  #269

It was getting boring seeing the same teams all the time, I think we ended up seeing the Watertown Wolfs 5 out of 6 games we saw last year! A couple years ago the Titans had two of their players helping a few times with my son's league, that was a great PR move. One of those guys became my daughter's favorite player and she got to see him play after he got traded to Watertown early last season.

I have been taking more hockey photos the past couple years of my son's league to improve my skills, I coach his team so have very few good photos of him though. I hope he makes the high school team so then I will be able to get as many shots of him as I want. I bring my camera to the games and shoot the game before ours until I have to get the team ready for their game. I have been posting a few of the good ones on the team's Facebook page, the other parents were posting crappy phone pics.

Your photos are good, I'm sure your team is happy to have you now, and I am learning a lot on how to frame the image and how to crop, thank you for posting to help people like me to improve. It's unfortunate the guy that was shooting your team and posting hundreds of photos doesn't take the time to post the best ones and improve his skills.

Ltdave
Goldmember
2,629 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jan 04, 2018 15:16 |  #270

Ischgl99 wrote in post #18533264 (external link)
It was getting boring seeing the same teams all the time, I think we ended up seeing the Watertown Wolfs 5 out of 6 games we saw last year! A couple years ago the Titans had two of their players helping a few times with my son's league, that was a great PR move. One of those guys became my daughter's favorite player and she got to see him play after he got traded to Watertown early last season.

I have been taking more hockey photos the past couple years of my son's league to improve my skills, I coach his team so have very few good photos of him though. I hope he makes the high school team so then I will be able to get as many shots of him as I want. I bring my camera to the games and shoot the game before ours until I have to get the team ready for their game. I have been posting a few of the good ones on the team's Facebook page, the other parents were posting crappy phone pics.

Your photos are good, I'm sure your team is happy to have you now, and I am learning a lot on how to frame the image and how to crop, thank you for posting to help people like me to improve. It's unfortunate the guy that was shooting your team and posting hundreds of photos doesn't take the time to post the best ones and improve his skills.

thanks for the compliments!

youre right about seeing one team many times. last years St. Clair Shores team moved to Kingsville Ontario (North Shore Knights). they dont have a home rink so their home games have been scheduled for 5 different barns. we had 2 games vs Watertown this whole season (home for us) that got cancelled because of transportation issues so we played the Knights. AGAIN...

the Prowler players do community things at the several local schools and they have had skating tutoring events in the past so they do get out and about. not sure how things will work out with Barry owning 3 of the 6 teams. I dont know why its so difficult to get a team to survive and thrive...

the GWAC, just doesnt know. Id be more than willing to help if he were to ask, but I probably wont seek him out. he was pretty cock-sure last year the couple of times i spoke with him. he just doesnt know what he doesnt know...

sponsored links

86,647 views & 381 likes for this thread
The Hockey Thread!!! From the NHL to Little League Games... Post them up and share!!!
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.