Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Dec 2009 (Wednesday) 12:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What beer do serious Canon users drink?

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
3,548 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Aug 16, 2017 09:56 |  #736

I used to homebrew: a couple unique beers were an oyster stout (the type that actually uses oysters in the brew process) and a rose pedal ale (taken from a 15th century Belgian recipe). A day to day beer for me is Terrapin's Hopsecutioner IPA. I also like imperial stouts: like Great Divide's Yetti stout.

Canon 5D mk IV
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

sponsored links
BG03
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 18, 2017 14:38 |  #737

Peroni or Red Stripe

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
1,026 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 18, 2017 17:20 |  #738

Just about anything. Looking through my Untappd history, I really enjoy a local Dallas Imperial Red called Velvet Hammer by Peticolas Brewing Company. I usually enjoy fruity blonde and golden ales.

Below is a raspberry witbeir called Raspberry Golden Rey.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

BLOG (external link)| flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

KDPIV
20 posts
Joined Sep 2017

Sep 21, 2017 19:34 |  #739

Bud FTW

One photographer and a dream

pcs
I suddenly feel very old
692 posts
Gallery: 507 photos
Joined Apr 2010

Nov 11, 2017 04:21 |  #740

Pauwel's Kwak in a couch-driver's glass.

HOSTED PHOTO

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
8,075 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Nov 12, 2017 06:28 |  #741

I tend to stock the fridge with IPAs, Stouts, my wife's home brews, and assorted dark/bock/heavy beers. My brother won't touch the stuff. He stocks his fridge with Bud Light, which I will drink as long as I don't have to pay for it. Win-win for me!

jay125
back in 7th grade
10,596 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 1 year ago by jay125.

Nov 12, 2017 10:45 |  #742

Miller Lite. Somebody has to drink it.

feedback

gear list

AdamT
43 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 01, 2018 14:24 |  #743

Prefer various craft,

HOSTED PHOTO

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,984 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Jan 01, 2018 14:41 |  #744

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18287772 (external link)
Brian,

I have found Chimay (blue) to be my favorite amongst the Belgians............wh​at might your favorite Belgian(s) be?

Missed this last year. :D

https://www.beeradvoca​te.com/beer/profile/22​/34/ (external link)

This Canadian brewery does a great job, and this beer is great.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,477 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 01, 2018 14:51 as a reply to  @ Left Handed Brisket's post |  #745

9% alcohol - now that is some serious beer!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,984 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 10 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Jan 01, 2018 15:14 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #746

Yup, they have a beer or two around 5 percent, but for the most part a bit of caution is required.

Maudite is another of theirs I like.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Pippan
Goldmember
1,179 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Oct 2015

Jan 01, 2018 16:07 |  #747

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18531059 (external link)

9% alcohol - now that is some serious beer!

And it even has a histogram!

— Please feel free to offer your thoughts on how I might improve my images —

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 01, 2018 23:47 |  #748

Any of you use "Ice" beer? I find it more effective tnan regular/lighter stuff. Two "makes" that I have used a lot: "Milwaukee's BEST ICE", and one called "NATURAL ICE"...Any feedback there?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,477 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 10 months ago by Tom Reichner.

Jan 02, 2018 00:30 |  #749

tonylong wrote in post #18531377 (external link)
Any of you use "Ice" beer? I find it more effective tnan regular/lighter stuff. Two "makes" that I have used a lot: "Milwaukee's BEST ICE", and one called "NATURAL ICE"...Any feedback there?

I have not drank any "ice beer" ..... at least not recently. . However, I am pretty sure that it is a LOT lighter and more watery than the kinds of brew that LHBrisket and myself have been talking about.

By the way, I've missed you around here, Tony. . What have you been up to? . I hope you've been doing okay. . What a great way to welcome in the new year - to start posting on POTN again!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 02, 2018 08:27 |  #750

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18531388 (external link)
I have not drank any "ice beer" ..... at least not recently. . However, I am pretty sure that it is a LOT lighter and more watery than the kinds of brew that LHBrisket and myself have been talking about.

By the way, I've missed you around here, Tony. . What have you been up to? . I hope you've been doing okay. . What a great way to welcome in the new year - to start posting on POTN again!

hey Tom, thanks for your thoughts!

If you check out your Facebook Messages, I had written up a note of my recent life, and I Shared it with you as a Message, check it out, snd any input/ communication with you is welcome!!!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

sponsored links

75,855 views & 26 likes for this thread
What beer do serious Canon users drink?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.