Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup 
Thread started 14 Dec 2017 (Thursday) 05:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ScanDisk CF - No access to card - 1Dx

Rimol
70 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Dec 14, 2017 05:20 |  #1

Hey
I bought two ScanDisk Extreme PRO 64gb 160mb/s cards for my 1Dx. However one of the cards are not working, no matter wich slot i put it in i get the error message "No access to card" tried it on my 7D and the same message.
However it works fine on my computer. I am able to access the card and copy files on it.

Anyone have a clue what i can be wrong? i have tried to format the card on my computer but still the same error on the camera

Canon 1Dx, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Canon 35mm f/1,4 L, 2x Yongnuo 560 III

Rimol
THREAD ­ STARTER
70 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Dec 14, 2017 06:43 |  #2

Update:
After formating the card 2-3 more times on the computer it finaly worked! However, can i be sure that this card wont fail in the future?

Canon 1Dx, Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Canon 35mm f/1,4 L, 2x Yongnuo 560 III

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,005 posts
Joined May 2003

Dec 14, 2017 07:09 |  #3

Not enough to go on as far as making suggestions. However, first thing you should be doing is doing the format operation in camera, as opposed to doing it with a PC. The format operation in camera sets up a particular directory structure. My own experimentation indicates that at least on what I own (60D & 80D), if I format in a PC, the camera sets up the structure at the intial exposure on the card. That may or may not be true with all DSLR's so IMO best play safe, do it in camera.

If you are absolutely certain you have moved or copied the images off the card, then toggle the option to do a low level format. Just keep in mind that nothing will be recoverable after a low level format. Card content is essentially gone.

eelnoraa
Goldmember
1,764 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 05, 2018 16:29 as a reply to  @ Rimol's post |  #4

They have good warranty, no reason to debug yourself and risk looking data. I would suggest get it replaced.

5Di, 5Diii, 28, 50, 85, 16-35II, 24-105, 70-200F2.8 IS

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

425 views & 0 likes for this thread
ScanDisk CF - No access to card - 1Dx
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.