Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 03 May 2017 (Wednesday) 09:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Stunning images that killed the photographers

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
6,953 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2010

May 03, 2017 09:58 |  #1

This article in the Washington Post shows two images taken in the last seconds of life by an Army photographer and her assistant. All the people you see as well as the two photographers died in this accident. But be warned, these are emotionally powerful images.

https://www.washington​post.com …ry&utm_term=.e9​ce194a289b (external link)

Mark J.
Gear

sponsored links
DavidWatts
841 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 16, 2017 01:25 |  #2

Article seems to be blocked by a subscription nag screen.

My Smugmug site (external link)

Bassat
"I am still in my underwear."
7,925 posts
Joined Oct 2015

Jun 16, 2017 05:56 |  #3

Everything worked fine for me. Images and articles available.

Tom

MedicinSC
Goldmember
1,365 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Aug 2011

Jun 16, 2017 21:04 |  #4

Worked for me, as well.

M_Six
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,953 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 16, 2017 21:07 |  #5

If you've been to the Washington Post more than 5 times (I think), it locks you out. Try deleting Washington Post cookies and then try again. Be careful you don't delete all cookies.

Mark J.
Gear

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,189 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 28, 2017 03:44 |  #6

It blocked me because I have an AdBlocker - I allowed Ads on this site and it all works fine.

Kev

Ballen ­ Photo
19,744 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2003

Jun 30, 2017 12:54 |  #7

WOW! What a horrible accident. She was a Trooper though, still getting the shot.

The Captain and crew finally got their stuff together, now if we can only remember where we left it. :cool:

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,644 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 11, 2018 05:48 |  #8

NinetyEight wrote in post #18388712 (external link)
It blocked me because I have an AdBlocker - I allowed Ads on this site and it all works fine.

Just hit <Esc> to stop loading the page as soon as the text appears. That stops the script from executing that causes the pop-up.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,644 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Jan 11, 2018 05:50 |  #9

Ballen Photo wrote in post #18390993 (external link)
WOW! What a horrible accident. She was a Trooper though, still getting the shot.

I don't think that she made a conscious decision to get the shot. More probably she was trying to get an image of the round leaving the tube and had her finger down on the button when the unfortunate accident occurred. God bless, though.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

sponsored links

6,995 views & 4 likes for this thread
Stunning images that killed the photographers
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.