Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Jan 2018 (Thursday) 10:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kudos to Allen's Camera

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,697 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 18, 2018 10:59 |  #1

Not sure if this brick and mortar store has been mentioned much here in the past. Thought I'd let my fellow forum members know about my experiences over the years. I will state unequivocally I have no connection to the store or any of its employees in any way, shape or form. I am merely a customer who found them on the web many years back and have purchased camera gear and drones many, many times.

Their service is at the very top tier of the industry. They carry and stock a tremendous line of gear. The personalized service from the owners and employees cannot be overstated.

In all my dealings with them, I have never been dissatisfied.

Most recently I purchased the Nikon D850 and a few Nikkor lenses. Shortly before that I bought the Sony A7R3 along with Zeiss and Sony lenses.

I bought the Mavic drone from them.

I trust this type of post is permissible. If not the mods can delete it.

Just wanted to inform others of this wonderful establishment. And yes, I've purchased from B&H for over 30 years, and Adorama also, and they too are top notch. Just spreading the so-called "wealth" and information about others, is all.

mark

sponsored links
dan.k78
409 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 18, 2018 12:09 |  #2

I am in 100% agreement with you. Every dealing I've had with Allen's has been terrific. They are extremely customer oriented. Just as an example, I had lost a receipt from a purchase and contacted them about printing up/emailing me a copy from their records. I gave them my name and the approximate date of purchase. Inside of a half-an-hour I had an e-mail in my inbox with a pdf of my receipt. They are top-notch!

Gear: 5DIII; 6D; Canon 16-35 f/4L; Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 VC; Sigma 35mm f/1.4A; Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro; Canon 85mm f/1.8; Phottix Mitros+;580exii; Metz AF 50-1

TustinMike
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Feb 2011
Post edited 6 months ago by TustinMike.

Jan 18, 2018 12:53 |  #3

Good on you for providing this positive feedback. Seems that more often than not, people only share the horror stories. Nowadays, brick-and-mortar places like this can use all the support we can provide, particularly when they provide great customer service.

All New Year, All New Sig !

Inspeqtor
I brought this thread back to LIFE
6,639 posts
Gallery: 76 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 18, 2018 13:15 |  #4

I had never heard of Allen's but when I did a Google search, before I finished typing, they were at the very top of the list.

That says quite a bit right there.

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

Inspeqtor
6,639 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 18, 2018 13:20 |  #5

It seems there is more than one Allen's Camera with the same name, one in Pennsylvania and one in Utah from what I have found so far.

It appears they are not affiliated with each other.

Charles
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

MDJAK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
24,697 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 18, 2018 16:16 |  #6

I’m speaking of the one in Pennsylvania.

Kiwimochi
388 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 18, 2018 22:02 |  #7

Bought from them before as well. Great experience

Inspeqtor
6,639 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 18, 2018 23:02 |  #8

MDJAK wrote in post #18543967 (external link)
I’m speaking of the one in Pennsylvania.

I figured that, they have a much better website ;-)a

Charles

RacingMoose
336 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 26, 2018 19:50 |  #9

I've dealt with Allen's in Levittown PA a number of times and they are fantastic. The staff is very helpful and informative. Highly recommended.

kirkt
Cream of the Crop
5,569 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Post edited 5 months ago by kirkt.

Feb 27, 2018 12:02 |  #10

I will second this assessment. I have bought new equipment from, and traded in equipment to, Allen's over the last several years - they are top notch. It is nice to see a brick and mortar store flourish in the age of the behemoth online environment - their operation breeds loyalty and respect from the public, for good reason.

kirk

Kirk
---

MDJAK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
24,697 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 01, 2018 20:31 |  #11

Inspeqtor wrote in post #18544182 (external link)
I figured that, they have a much better website ;-)a

They are actually in the process of redoing their website. It’s a lot of work.

sponsored links

1,104 views & 12 likes for this thread
Kudos to Allen's Camera
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.