1. Map frog (Hypsiboas geographicus):
2. Glass frog (Vitreorana ritae):
3. Backlit ovipositing katydid:
4. An inquisitive anole:
5. Scorpion under UV light:
6. Cryptic lichen katydid:
7. Mating clearwing butterflies (Cithaerias sp.).
Transparency in the clear- or glasswings is thought to confuse would-be predators. A paper in Nature Communications from 2015 https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms7909
illustrates the novel way in which random nano-sculpturing of the scales allows for the passage of light with little reflectance over essentially all viewing angles, a pretty remarkable feat.
8. Baby leaf-nosed bat (Phyllostomidae):
Thanks for looking and commenting,