Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 03 Feb 2018 (Saturday) 10:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hello Again! :)

TheSandValor
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Jan 2018

Feb 03, 2018 10:31 |  #1

Hi, i tried to shoot a really random moment of my gf and our dog and cat, i wanted to capture the dogs and cats emotions on this exposure but it went horribly wrong, i didnt have enough light and there was always movement and it was blurry... how can i in these random situations make a good exposure when i have a few objects in a different depth of field positions?
iam using all manual btw, could my focus be off? although i tried to capture them all in focus.....

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

DagoImaging
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Nov 2012

Feb 03, 2018 10:48 |  #2

For that shot I would expect f8 to be required and a much faster shutter speed to eliminate any motion or camera shake.

Bump that iso up to 1600 and go from there, or get a flash.

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
21,072 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Feb 03, 2018 11:23 |  #3

And hold the camera square with the walls.

Mark

Cham_001
875 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 04, 2018 20:57 |  #4

DagoImaging wrote in post #18555462 (external link)
For that shot I would expect f8 to be required and a much faster shutter speed to eliminate any motion or camera shake.

Bump that iso up to 1600 and go from there, or get a flash.

----
1.) Higher ISO as above - this gives you the opportunity to increase your shutter speed to avoid hand-held camera-shake
2.) Sharper blur-free images are obtained by increasing the ISO and selecting a 'smaller aperture' which actually means selecting a higher number f-stop such as F11/F16
3.) A really high ISO will allow you to select both a faster shutter-speed & a higher f-stop --> doing this increases the likelihood of creating 'grainy' images
4.) Simply activate a built-in flash (this will 'freeze' the action) and select a higher f-stop such as f11 to get
5.) You can lock focus on the nearest subject and then re-compose to get edge-to-edge blur-free images by selecting an Aperture greater than F8

"... with a clear perspective - the confusion is clearer ..."
Body: Canon 5D-IV
Lenses: 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Flashguns: 580ex II x 4, MT24 macro flash
Accessories: Pkt Wiz TT5 x 4, AC3, MiniTT1, Sekonic L-758DR
Studio Lights: <... pending ...>

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

495 views & 2 likes for this thread
Hello Again! :)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.