Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
15,913 posts
Gallery: 1501 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013
Post edited 9 months ago by MedicineMan4040.

Feb 10, 2018 15:04 |  #11806

Charlie wrote in post #18560787 (external link)
few more snaps, FE 50, FE 12-24G
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Charlie in
./showthread.php?p=185​60787&i=i179848109
forum: Sony Cameras

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Charlie in
./showthread.php?p=185​60787&i=i254666482
forum: Sony Cameras

Precious captures.
Just keep this in mind-
'Image result for psittacosis
Psittacosis—also known as parrot fever, and ornithosis—is a zoonotic infectious disease caused by a bacterium called Chlamydia psittaci and contracted from infected parrots, such as macaws, cockatiels and budgerigars, and pigeons, sparrows, ducks, hens, gulls and many other species of bird.'
We rarely get one in our hospital but it is a serious SERIOUS disease reminiscent of Piper's Disease (I tinker with bagpipes) and not to be trifled with one iota.
OK me being paranoid.
Sorry.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

sponsored links
digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,771 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 10, 2018 15:07 |  #11807

Bianchi wrote in post #18560796 (external link)
Wow, I think Throads has jupmed to conclusions. I have purchased many tutorials over the years, and they tell you they are giving you the files.
You get the raw files, and you do what you learn from the tutorial, and you put your subjective edit on it. .. . Keyword sell and you purchase, not steal.

I certainly have not intentionally stole someone's image. I would never do that. I even participate in some contests here, and I supply my own raw files for everyone to participate. I certainly would not supply a file, I did not want someone to have, they are free to do with it as they wish. Actually I would take it as a compliment if they used it.

I do not earn a living from photography, for me its a hobby I enjoy.
I am actually retired.

Additionally if I felt as throads felt, I would of PM him directly...
To get his position, instead of jumping to conclusions.

If I was misinterpreting the terms, then I stand corrected.

The files that come with the paid training are for you to practice with not to upload to social media and portray them as your own. Intentional or not, people who went and viewed and commented on the images on your Flickr page were misled and you hurt the rest of us by taking the images and doing as you wish. Now Jimmy might not make files available for practice.

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,173 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 10, 2018 16:59 |  #11808

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18560926 (external link)
Precious captures.
Just keep this in mind-
Psittacosis—also known as parrot fever, and ornithosis—is a zoonotic infectious disease caused by a bacterium called Chlamydia psittaci and contracted from infected parrots, such as macaws, cockatiels and budgerigars, and pigeons, sparrows, ducks, hens, gulls and many other species of bird.'
We rarely get one in our hospital but it is a serious SERIOUS disease reminiscent of Piper's Disease (I tinker with bagpipes) and not to be trifled with one iota.
OK me being paranoid.
Sorry.

you're a little bit late, months back, we were among the first in the aquarium, very hungry birds. The came out at us very hard, even bit and drew blood on my daughter! Those little suckers bite pretty hard when hungry :-P. I was bit pretty hard, and scratched up as well while feeding them. I figure they've got to have antibiotics in their system, way too much human interaction not to be clean.

Sony A7rii/A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 35/2.8 - SY 35/1.4 AF - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,207 posts
Gallery: 323 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009
Post edited 9 months ago by TRhoads.

Feb 10, 2018 18:00 |  #11809

since I am essentially out of new material to work on...I am going back through and picking up the stragglers that never got done...this is one from Black Point Beach in Sonoma County from last April...I got soaked...the camera stayed dry.

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4755/25315106537_ab55320330_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Ez1x​d6  (external link) Black Sand Beach [EXPLORED #8] (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,870 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 10, 2018 18:14 |  #11810

TRhoads wrote in post #18561043 (external link)
since I am essentially out of new material to work on...I am going back through and picking up the stragglers that never got done...this is one from Black Point Beach in Sonoma County from last April...I got soaked...the camera stayed dry.
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Ez1x​d6  (external link) Black Sand Beach (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

Did you take any shots of the Sea Ranch Chapel while you were in the neighborhood?

Tim

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,207 posts
Gallery: 323 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 10, 2018 18:50 |  #11811

Timphoto wrote in post #18561050 (external link)
Did you take any shots of the Sea Ranch Chapel while you were in the neighborhood?

Didn't even know about it...we were driving back to SF from Point Arena, just stopping wherever.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,304 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Post edited 9 months ago by navydoc.

Feb 10, 2018 20:43 |  #11812

Today I decided to shoot video of the hummingbirds at 120 fps. I also wanted to set up my camera and the Smart remote on my phone so I could begin recording while inside and not disturb the birds. Naturally, the birds were scarce today and all I managed was to get some footage of the adult male Anna's on his branch. I also thought I'd try to upscale the video from 1080p to 4k using Sony Vegas Pro 14.

He's very flashy with his feathers as he looks around and finally takes off. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some footage as they hover around the feeder too.

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,771 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 10, 2018 20:51 |  #11813

navydoc wrote in post #18561109 (external link)
Today I decided to shoot video of the hummingbirds at 120 fps. I also wanted to set up my camera and the Smart remote on my phone so I could begin recording while inside and not disturb the birds. Natually, the birds were scarce today and all I managed was to get some footage of the adult male Anna's on his branch. I also thought I'd try to upscale the video from 1080p to 4k using Sony Vegas Pro 14.

He's very flashy with his feathers as he looks around and finally takes off. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some footage as they hover around the feeder too.

That was very cool to watch Gene. He's a character for sure.

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,173 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 10, 2018 20:59 |  #11814

My wife had a sugar craving, so I made pandan waffles, Fe 50

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Sony A7rii/A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 35/2.8 - SY 35/1.4 AF - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
12,304 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Joined Oct 2009

Feb 10, 2018 21:09 |  #11815

digital_AM wrote in post #18561110 (external link)
That was very cool to watch Gene. He's a character for sure.

Thanks Alfredo. I thought the upscaling worked out well too. I didn't mention it but I used a continuous LED light plugged into a wall outlet to be sure I had enough light too. Maybe tomorrow I'll at least move the camera closer to the branch for a tighter shot. Of course, you can bet as soon as I do that, he will spend all his time at the feeder only and not go to the branch at all. :rolleyes:

Gene - My Photo Gallery || (external link) My USS Oriskany website (external link) || My Flickr (external link)
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,771 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 9 months ago by digital_AM. (2 edits in all)

Feb 10, 2018 21:55 |  #11816

navydoc wrote in post #18561118 (external link)
Thanks Alfredo. I thought the upscaling worked out well too. I didn't mention it but I used a continuous LED light plugged into a wall outlet to be sure I had enough light too. Maybe tomorrow I'll at least move the camera closer to the branch for a tighter shot. Of course, you can bet as soon as I do that, he will spend all his time at the feeder only and not go to the branch at all. :rolleyes:

You did a great job capturing the video Gene. Have you tried creating a perch made of natural sticks/branches? I remember Moose Peterson saying that birds will fly to single branch if it's close to the feeder. It gives the birds a chance to survey the area before feeding.

---------------
Another image from the Lourdes Grotto in San Antonio but this time a closer view of the statues.

Loxia 21

2048px Version:
https://www.flickr.com …edomoraphotogra​phy/Qm2E20 (external link)

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,771 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 9 months ago by digital_AM.

Feb 10, 2018 21:59 |  #11817

In this shot, I wanted to capture the beautiful Texas Live Oak trees that are in the courtyard in front of the Lourdes Grotto. David, you're right that the oak trees play such an important role in framing our historical buildings. I image this scene in Spring would look even better, perhaps even around sunset. Captured with the excellent Zeiss 35mm f2. ZE.

2048px Version:

https://www.flickr.com …edomoraphotogra​phy/5vs29Q (external link)

ccp900
Goldmember
1,533 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 10, 2018 22:55 |  #11818

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18560926 (external link)
Precious captures.
Just keep this in mind-
OK me being paranoid.
Sorry.

I am never bringing my son near birds!!!!! paranoid yes but better paranoid than be sorry lol

[Sony A7R Mark 3 | Sony A7S | Sony Zeiss 16-35m f/4.0 | Sony FE 28m f2 | Sony Zeiss 55m f1.8 | Sony FE 28-70m f/3.5-5.6 | Helios 44-2 | Helios 44-3 | Nikon 105m f/2.5 AIS | Contax Zeiss Planar 50m f1.7 | Contax Zeiss Planar 100m f2 | Voigtlander Nokton 40m f/1.4 | Canon 24-105m f/4.0L | Canon 85m f/1.8 | Sigma 30m f/1.4 | Canon 10-22m f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 100m f/2.8 Macro USM | Canon 580 EX Ver 1.0]

MedicineMan4040
15,913 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Feb 10, 2018 23:24 as a reply to  @ navydoc's post |  #11819

Love it of course.
Amazing that 120fps doesn't even touch they wing beat rate.

flickr (external link)

MedicineMan4040
15,913 posts
Joined Jul 2013

Feb 10, 2018 23:37 |  #11820

navydoc wrote in post #18561118 (external link)

Thought of something I'd like to see you do please, a 4K harvest frame grab...curious how that might turn out.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,146,548 views & 44,380 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.