Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
15,815 posts
Gallery: 1497 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Feb 13, 2018 04:15 |  #11911

eriet30 wrote in post #18562316 (external link)
Still amazed at the 100-400GM + 1.4TC ability to macro

ps I had to leave the bud in the frame because it looks like a fly head

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/KjT9​an  (external link) _0A96619.jpg (external link) by Paul (external link), on Flickr

Eriet the bee and the flower are super but the bokeh is crazy good.
The bud just adds to. Great image.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

sponsored links
TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,199 posts
Gallery: 322 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2018 05:54 |  #11912

rantercsr wrote in post #18562495 (external link)
Thanks!!
she's all i got to edit off the a7r3 for the moment ..
so here's some more /// :p

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/24fB​FLo  (external link) DSC02845-Edit-3 (external link) by Randall Herrera (external link), on Flickr

and there was a black and white version.. not sure which one i prefere

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by rantercsr in
./showthread.php?p=185​62495&i=i184984667
forum: Sony Cameras

normally...I tend to go B&W...but for this...color all the way, it has a richness that is lacking in the monochrome...she has such great skin tone and color too and the color version shows that off. Care to share more about the lighting?

ccp900 wrote in post #18562582 (external link)
Matt granger just put up a video on the Leica 90 and 75. we talk about how a lens obliterates the background these 2 lenses (I need a bigger word for obliterate). check it out.

I saw that yesterday...just wow...but the 75mm is like $13K!

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,199 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2018 05:54 |  #11913

one from last year at Old Car City...
can't wait to get some new materials to work with...

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4745/39530425194_5e484e893c_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23ea​Lc5  (external link) '63 Patina (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
12,036 posts
Gallery: 554 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 13, 2018 07:12 |  #11914

TRhoads wrote in post #18562621 (external link)
one from last year at Old Car City...
can't wait to get some new materials to work with...

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/23ea​Lc5  (external link) '63 Patina (external link) by Travis Rhoads (external link), on Flickr

With regards to new material it’s a new moon on Thursday so I was hoping to shoot some Astro but the 3 day forecast isn’t looking great at the moment and looks like all I’ll get is blanket cloud

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
RX1R II | α7R III | Voigtlander 15 | Loxia 21 | Batis 25 | Batis 85

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,705 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited 9 months ago by rantercsr.

Feb 13, 2018 09:18 |  #11915

TRhoads wrote in post #18562620 (external link)
normally...I tend to go B&W...but for this...color all the way, it has a richness that is lacking in the monochrome...she has such great skin tone and color too and the color version shows that off. Care to share more about the lighting?

!

For the session i had 2 x ad360ii.
But, For this particular shot (and ones similarly posed ) I only used one light with a Westcott softbox

Fuji XT2 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,705 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2014
Post edited 9 months ago by rantercsr. (2 edits in all)

Feb 13, 2018 09:51 |  #11916

digital_AM wrote in post #18562083 (external link)
Friends, I started up a secondary Instagram account to share my personal images (non-architecture/cityscape​/landscape). It will be a mix of mobile photography and Sony images in there ranging from street, abstract, macro, people, and anything else that catches my eye. Thank you!

Follow me @ lost.in.satx

For my other primary work, follow me @ alfredomoraphotography

I've been thinking of doing similar.

I'm posting a combo of portraits, cityscapes , and street

But I feel they clash with the portraits in how i want things to look for that ig. , i want it cleaner ,crisp and just a certain way ..
With the street stuff its a bit grittier and thats fine i like street work like that where ISO goes out the window

I actually had alot more street stuff posted on my ig but started deleting for that reason

Fuji XT2 / Panasonic GH5 / Sony A7R3 / Canon t4i / Pentax K1000
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,765 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 13, 2018 10:02 |  #11917

rantercsr wrote in post #18562737 (external link)
I've been thinking of doing similar.

I'm posting a combo of portraits, cityscapes , and street

But I feel they clash with the portraits in how i want things to look for that ig. , i want it cleaner ,crisp and just a certain way ..
With the street stuff its a bit grittier and thats fine i like street work like that where ISO goes out the window

I actually had alot more street stuff posted on my ig but started deleting for that reason

Thank you for following my personal account. I know what you mean. I would recommend having two separate accounts for you. One for your portrait work and another for street and other interests. It's a lot more work maintaining two accounts but they can be linked so switching between them is pretty seamless. Best of luck!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,456 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 13, 2018 10:04 |  #11918

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18562504 (external link)
Another round of applause to Adorama.
Paid for overnighting the last lens....it doesn't show for 2 days.
Wrote CS at Adorama and asked them to fun interference with UPS for
delivery failure and seek a refund for the overnight charges.

'Hi Robert,

We would like to notify you that we issued a credit in the amount of $38.25 on 02/12/2018. The Credit was issued to your PayPal account.

Please allow 3-4 business days for this credit to show on your statement.

Thanks again for placing your order and trust with Adorama.
We hope to continue to serve you with all your photography needs. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us.

Thank you.'

Nice! and thanks again to Adorama.

Delighted to see the speedy response response from our CS Team - thank you for taking the time to post....it is really very much appreciated.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,199 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2018 10:13 |  #11919

Why does something so small...and so limited in its use have to be so $...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,199 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2018 10:16 |  #11920

just got an email from Adobe...new LRClassic update today...I hope the import speeds up...that is my one slow point in my workflow...

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,462 posts
Gallery: 434 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 13, 2018 10:37 |  #11921

TRhoads wrote in post #18562760 (external link)
Why does something so small...and so limited in its use have to be so $...

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by TRhoads in
./showthread.php?p=185​62760&i=i133297765
forum: Sony Cameras

cheaper than buying a longer lens though but yah it's expensive.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE35F1.4ZA | FE1635F4 | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

digital_AM
Cream of the Crop
6,765 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited 9 months ago by digital_AM.

Feb 13, 2018 10:39 |  #11922

TRhoads wrote in post #18562761 (external link)
just got an email from Adobe...new LRClassic update today...I hope the import speeds up...that is my one slow point in my workflow...

We shall see. I hope LR improves when using local adjustments and when importing.

From PetaPixel:
https://petapixel.com …speed-boost-new-features/ (external link)

The Performance Improvements

The performance improvements in this update have to do with batch processing rather than interaction. Lightroom will be faster at completing batch tasks, but you won’t see more responsiveness to individual tools and actions.

As long as your desktop has a multi-core CPU and at least 12GB of RAM, you should see improved speed for these things:

Import grid loading
Import and preview generation
Walking through images in the Loupe View
Rendering of adjustments in Develop
Merge operations of HDR/Panos
Export

Another issue that’s addressed is the program slowing down over time. If you’ve felt like Lightroom has gotten more and more sluggish, this update may bring back some of the former speed you enjoyed.

philodelphi
Goldmember
1,108 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined May 2008

Feb 13, 2018 10:39 |  #11923

I'm really hoping that we'll see some third party alternatives to Sony for longer lenses and extension tubes soon.

Sony α6300 / ILCE-6300 DSC-RX100M2 α7R III / ILCE-7RM3 Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 IV | Voigtlander 65mm F2 Macro APO-Lanthar | Venus Optics Laowa 15mm f/4 Macro | Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo | Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM

TRhoads
Cream of the Crop
6,199 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Feb 13, 2018 10:46 |  #11924

vinmunoz wrote in post #18562780 (external link)
cheaper than buying a longer lens though but yah it's expensive.

Very true...but at the expense of aperture...200 just isn't long enough for the backyard birds or birds on the lake...or racecars at the track from certain places I shoot, but I don't want to lug two big lenses. I was impressed by the IQ last year with the 2x and 70-200GM...

digital_AM wrote in post #18562781 (external link)
We shall see. I hope LR improves when using local adjustments and when importing.

From PetaPixel:
https://petapixel.com …speed-boost-new-features/ (external link)

The Performance Improvements

The performance improvements in this update have to do with batch processing rather than interaction. Lightroom will be faster at completing batch tasks, but you won’t see more responsiveness to individual tools and actions.

As long as your desktop has a multi-core CPU and at least 12GB of RAM, you should see improved speed for these things:

Import grid loading
Import and preview generation
Walking through images in the Loupe View
Rendering of adjustments in Develop
Merge operations of HDR/Panos
Export

Another issue that’s addressed is the program slowing down over time. If you’ve felt like Lightroom has gotten more and more sluggish, this update may bring back some of the former speed you enjoyed.

maybe it will be a little improved then...I sure hope so.

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,158 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 13, 2018 10:51 |  #11925

philodelphi wrote in post #18562782 (external link)
I'm really hoping that we'll see some third party alternatives to Sony for longer lenses and extension tubes soon.

agreed, that stuff is expensive as hell.

I had the option of going sony for my longest lens, but after seeing sticker shot, I opted for a less expensive alternative. Sure, the sony would work with all of my lenses, but I was going to use it for an adapted lens, and the third party alternative cost me a whopping $40, with no noticeable degradation to IQ (1.4x teleconverter)

Sony A7rii/A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 35/2.8 - SY 35/1.4 AF - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

sponsored links

1,138,429 views & 43,991 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.