Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 11 Feb 2018 (Sunday) 13:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Godox Rx/Tx to trigger remote on 2nd camera when firing 1st camera?

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
33,284 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 4 months ago by TeamSpeed. (2 edits in all)

Feb 11, 2018 13:51 |  #1

I have been trying to find a way to trigger my SL2 or 7D2 when I fire the shutter on my 5D4. I have a Godox X1T, X1R, and XPro. I just bought the X1R, and it appears I cannot use it to trigger the camera it is attached to unless I hit the test button on the X1T. I cannot believe that it is difficult to take an X-sync signal and fire a ground to the trigger port. The X1R will go back since I cannot do what I want, unless there is a way to use it even with some other product or a DIY pcb that I can put together.

Any ideas? Wouldn't it be an easy firmware update to the X1R to either allow both flash and shutter, just flash, or just shutter when it receives a fire signal from the X1T? It would be a very handy function for us sports shooters and would like increase the sales of the receivers if we could control an array of cameras as we take a shot on the master camera.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Choderboy
I Chimp, therefore I am
4,874 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 12, 2018 03:32 |  #2

You're probably not aware of this thread:

Godox X1 system integration thread
https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1455540

Dave
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/12185187@N00/
5D4, 1D4, 1DS2. Canon, Sigma lenses
Image editing OK

TeamSpeed
THREAD ­ STARTER
01010100 01010011
33,284 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Feb 14, 2018 18:30 |  #3

Okay, so since Godox doesn't do this, at least not with the R2 systems (presumably the Cells II older transmitters/receivers worked), so I returned the X1R, and instead picked up a YongNuo RF605 kit with cables for $33.

I just got these, set them as RF-602s, and this came with both Canon cables so I can control my Rebel or my 7D2 remotely. Works great, there is a slight delay as expected, it is about 1/5 sec or so. Something I will have to deal with during the games. That is the only downside.

Too bad, Godox could easily make the X1R serve one mode or the other so you could control a shutter or a flash at different locations from a master camera. It seems they used to have this. Yongnuo had this issue too, they had it with the RF-602, then lost it with the RF-603, and now the RF-605 (which is both an RF 603 and RF 602) can do this.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,499 views & 0 likes for this thread
Godox Rx/Tx to trigger remote on 2nd camera when firing 1st camera?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.