Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 17 Feb 2018 (Saturday) 23:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New desktop built, cant decide whether to go 2 27inch 4k monitors or 1 32inch 4k?

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,340 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 23, 2018 14:14 |  #16

I just went from a three monitor setup (L to R) 19" for email, 27" 2560x1440 main (photo editing) and 24" 1080p for web / watching video to the 27" on the left and a new 32" 4K on the right.

My eyes are getting old, and I sometimes use reading glasses, but I can read (unaided) everything in 4K at 100% scaling. For some things, 125% is more comfortable though.

I'm using PS and LR at normal scaling. IQ is definitely crisper on the 4K monitor than any other monitor I've had. Contrast is better too. Overall, these two took less desk space than the three.

I do miss the three, but I am working on getting used to having email and the web in separate side by side windows on the 27".

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,610 views & 6 likes for this thread
New desktop built, cant decide whether to go 2 27inch 4k monitors or 1 32inch 4k?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.