Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 19 Feb 2018 (Monday) 17:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

a funeral guy

olafs ­ osh
I am a nice and fluffy dude
1,888 posts
Gallery: 134 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 19, 2018 17:11 |  #1

He is the dude, who speaks things out loud, when someone is buried in the cemetery. I just don't know the word in english. Many are used to see the priest doing that. Aaaaanyhooo. For a magazine. This time specifically asked for BW, style and "movie crop".

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|
Give us "Street Photography" sub-forum in P.O.T.N. !

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 3 months ago by Tom Reichner.

Feb 19, 2018 17:34 |  #2

Hey, Olafs!

I like the general composition of the image, with him looking "out of the image" instead of "into the image". The way you place your subjects off-center and have them face the short side of the composition has become a style of yours, and I think that for most purposes it is very effective. . Who wants to see the same old boring "rules" followed all the time, anyway?

Anyway, something comes to mind when I see this image, and that is something I heard years ago that went, "the brightest part of your image will stand out, and tend to be the thing that draws people's attention."

In this image, the brightest thing, by far, is the officiant's white shirt and collar. . I mean, it appears to be several stops brighter than anything else in the entire frame.

Is the shirt really the thing that your image is all about? . I mean, are you trying to showcase the person, or this one article of clothing that they are wearing?

When something is so much brighter than everything else around it, it becomes the focal point of the image - that one thing that viewer's eyes will continually be drawn to. . This is a fact that we, as photographers, can use to our advantage. . But, in this case, it seems to be working against you instead of for you.

HOSTED PHOTO

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,888 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 20, 2018 00:39 |  #3

Ha! Thanks. Will know now.

So you say the shirt eats up too much... I see. Will try to do something with it, you're right.

- Olafs Osh
fb (external link) | instagram (external link) | YT (external link)|OLAFSOSH.COM (external link)|

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,888 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 20, 2018 15:16 |  #4

Also this :]

HOSTED PHOTO

- Olafs Osh

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
11,948 posts
Gallery: 138 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 20, 2018 15:28 as a reply to  @ olafs osh's post |  #5

Very nicely done chiaroscuro effect.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

olafs ­ osh
THREAD ­ STARTER
1,888 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 24, 2018 05:40 |  #6

and the two one actually went in..

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

- Olafs Osh

sponsored links

620 views & 5 likes for this thread
a funeral guy
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.