Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 27 Feb 2018 (Tuesday) 21:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6d Mark ii and Premiere Pro CS4

hitek
152 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Feb 27, 2018 21:26 |  #1

I was wondering how everyone is editing their videos from the 6D Mark ii in Premiere Pro. The new 6D Mark ii does not offer ALL-I only IPB format which saves as .MP4. I am shooting FHD 60FPS. When I import the video to premiere pro cs4 it imports fine, but on the viewer screen in the top right it looks kinda like the video is squished and not formatted right. When i right click the video and go to properties it says Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.75. If i click interpret footage and change it to conform to 1.0 square pixels it changes the preview and makes it look correct. My next problem is when try and render entire work area it says Unknown error - Error Compiling Movie. On my 7d Mark ii i used to shoot 24FPS ALL-i and I never had any problems editing in Premiere and everything worked fine. Has anyone else ran into these problems and how do i fix them? Its too bad that the 6D Mark ii does have ALL-I! Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Gear: 6D ii l BG-E21 l Tamron 28-75 l Canon 17-40L l Canon 50 1.8 l ST-E3-RT l Canon 70-200 f4 IS l 600EX-RT l Manfrotto 055XPROB l 322RC2 Head l GlideCam
Sales Feedback: Feedback 1 l Feedback 2 l Feedback 3 l Feedback 4 l Feedback 5

SailingAway
321 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2013

Feb 27, 2018 21:59 |  #2

I’m not using either. I’m on a variety of cams, and Premiere Pro CC.

First, selecting “interpret footage” and changing the pixel aspect ration to 1.0 is solid. There’s no quality hit, no rendering involved, it’s good.

Second, I’m not aware of any fix to get a newer set of codecs into CS4, which is what you need.

Third, you’ve run straight into the brick wall that usually causes people to upgrade to recent software - the manufacturers stop updating the old stuff, you get a new camera your editor doesn’t like, there aren’t a lot of choices.

Fourth, and this is a distant fourth, when you’re really in trouble, you don’t want to rent CC, you can’t find a copy of CS6 (if it even works on CS6!), you can try re-encoding your source footage with a freeware like Handbrake. There are a couple of problems with this: it is a render (though you might never notice a decrease in quality), and, it makes everything more complicated in file management and take longer.

From the upper left corner of the U.S.
Photos, Video & Pano r us.
College and workshop instructor in video and audio.
70D, Sigma 8mm, Tokina f2.8 11-16, Canon EF-S f2.8 17-55, Sigma f2.8 50-150 EX OS, Tamron 150-600VC. Gigapan Epic Pro, Nodal Ninja 5 & R10.

hitek
THREAD ­ STARTER
152 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Feb 28, 2018 09:29 as a reply to  @ SailingAway's post |  #3

Thanks for the info. Hopefully i can get this figured out. Its a shame when you get a new camera and some of the stuff is not actually an upgrade.

Gear: 6D ii l BG-E21 l Tamron 28-75 l Canon 17-40L l Canon 50 1.8 l ST-E3-RT l Canon 70-200 f4 IS l 600EX-RT l Manfrotto 055XPROB l 322RC2 Head l GlideCam
Sales Feedback: Feedback 1 l Feedback 2 l Feedback 3 l Feedback 4 l Feedback 5

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,348 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Feb 28, 2018 09:56 |  #4

I understand your frustration, but CS4 was released 10 years ago. You can't even directly open current raw files with it. Not exactly surprising that video might require some conversion too.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

923 views & 1 like for this thread
6d Mark ii and Premiere Pro CS4
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.