Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 28 Feb 2018 (Wednesday) 08:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

A7RIII and A7III.... buying both concerns

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,622 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 28, 2018 08:22 |  #1

I couldn't decide so I just ordered the A7RIII first. Will try that out and then this summer pick up a A73 for the wife. Do you think it's worth owning both? Husband/Wife combo? She shoots the fuji stuff right now and I shoot my 5D4. I'm worried that I would rather have the A73 after she gets it. But my mind is telling me better to have this combo so if we want high MP we have it. I also wanted the better viewfinder.

I would go ahead and pre-order the A73 but she needs to finish the school year w/ her fuji system for now. She will need summer to learn the sony camera. She is year book editor/photographer for our kids school. Why own both?... well I hate her using my camera :P. She also deserves a nice camera and think she will be much happier shooting sony.

My entire hobby of gear lust has temporarily been shifted into overload. Please be patient while my mind tries to get back onto the road to recovery. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause....
My Gear Archive

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,444 posts
Gallery: 346 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 28, 2018 09:02 |  #2

Yearbook editor, bless her Talley. The pressure during deadline is so nuts, and getting the kids to sell yearbook adds....the kids who gravitate to YB are definitely a good group, though.

Just a thought, would a 42MP body be better for her because of the enhanced cropping ability? 24MP is usually going to be plenty, no doubt, and maybe the four or five outlier moments where 42 MP makes a difference per book isn't worth it.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Zeiss 24/2 ZA, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

Talley
THREAD ­ STARTER
Talley Whacker
10,622 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 28, 2018 09:07 |  #3

She's not getting the R lol.. Too much $ for her. She is a little um... hard on cameras. Her XT20 has some battle wounds already.

Yes it's headache during deadline and she has had several meltdowns during this process. Main reason to switch her to sony is I'm moving to sony and we can share lenses and batteries. She also flips from photos to video when it comes time for kids stuff (our kids) and I'm tired of shakey video from the fuji.

I said the 5D4 was a 10 year camera... I prove myself wrong. At least these mk3 sony cameras are very nice. Hopefully they last us awhile.

My entire hobby of gear lust has temporarily been shifted into overload. Please be patient while my mind tries to get back onto the road to recovery. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause....
My Gear Archive

Linkzi
Goldmember
4,263 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 04, 2018 15:34 |  #4

I just picked up an A7r3 and I had the high mega pixel concerns. If you can live with the APS-C or Super 35 mode in the camera, you will cut down the RAW files to 18MB. I shoot aerials and wanted the best possible set up I could afford and don't need the max mega pixels for the casual stuff. The focusing system is quite complicated, but the new joysticks in both of those cameras really quickens selecting the focus points. It is a great camera.

Aloha,
Lincoln
"Be creative, don't make your photos look like everyone elses"
Eyes F20/40, Brain 5GB, Finger 20mm

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

859 views & 2 likes for this thread
A7RIII and A7III.... buying both concerns
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.