Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 20 Jan 2007 (Saturday) 08:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: PS Tutorial - Resizing Images Using Save For Web

shumicse
160 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Jun 24, 2014 04:04 |  #106

Very much details explanation has been given to resize the image. I always use save for web but of-course keep in mind that the image quality is good enough.

sponsored links
tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 26, 2014 13:06 |  #107

xfgafzen wrote in post #17057555 (external link)
For some reason, if I do that, my results vary from poor to not so good.

Are you asking for help/input here?

And a strange "graphic" pops up in the above post when I quote it to reply to it -- any info on "****com/hu7j.jpg"?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

PhotosGuy
75,299 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Jul 26, 2014 14:25 |  #108

tonylong wrote in post #17057578 (external link)
And a strange "graphic" pops up in the above post when I quote it to reply to it -- any info on "****com/hu7j.jpg"?

Spam, Tony.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

deviangel
201 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 24, 2015 02:31 |  #109

When do you guys use this option? Do you/Should I use it for your FB pages and Stock Agencies or ?

Canon 6D | Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM | Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM |
https://500px.com/devi​angel

tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 24, 2015 05:38 |  #110

deviangel wrote in post #17397369 (external link)
When do you guys use this option? Do you/Should I use it for your FB pages and Stock Agencies or ?

If your routine is to go into Photoshop, process pics, then post results dedicated for Web use and/or for sharing (smaller emails and such), then sure, Save for Web is convenient. If, however, you prefer to stick with a Raw processor (Lightroom, Camera Raw, Aperture, etc.) then you won't need to do a conversion...!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 24, 2015 16:00 |  #111

tonylong wrote in post #17397492 (external link)
If your routine is to go into Photoshop, process pics, then post results dedicated for Web use and/or for sharing (smaller emails and such), then sure, Save for Web is convenient. If, however, you prefer to stick with a Raw processor (Lightroom, Camera Raw, Aperture, etc.) then you won't need to do a conversion...!

I should add that this applies to "sharing", via the Web or email or other types of "sharing" but does not apply to "fine art
/printing" applications!!

Tony

deviangel
201 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 25, 2015 04:52 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #112

So for stock photography I should stick to Save As. While for Facebook, flickr I should concentrate on Save for Web?

Also is it a good idea to shoot in Adobe RGB, edit in Adobe RGB and then before saving or during saving convert it to sGRB?

Canon 6D | Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM | Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM |
https://500px.com/devi​angel

tonylong
...winded
54,642 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 30, 2015 08:07 |  #113

deviangel wrote in post #17398970 (external link)
So for stock photography I should stick to Save As. While for Facebook, flickr I should concentrate on Save for Web?

Sure, as long as you only need a "small' display.

Funny, when I say "small". Back when I shot film 35mm "point and shoot" cameras, "small" was like, what, about 8x10? And yet, I have prints hanging on my walls from those days, 11x14, 11x17...so, CREATE!!!

Also is it a good idea to shoot in Adobe RGB, edit in Adobe RGB and then before saving or during saving convert it to sGRB?

Read the threads on Color Management, then go to our thread on Raw Conversion!! :)

Tony

christelrod
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Apr 2017

Apr 03, 2017 23:56 |  #114

Useful tutorial.. Thanks for sharing..

Photo Editor at Proglobalbusinesssolut​ions (external link)

ekfaysal
415 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Mar 05, 2018 00:35 as a reply to  @ christelrod's post |  #115

this thread is more then 10 years old.
Can anyone update it using the latest version of PS or LR?
That would be so great considering that we are now in the social media era where we have to deal with it a lot.

My INSTAGRAM (external link)

Facebook page (external link)

chrisokc
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2014
Post edited 2 months ago by chrisokc. (2 edits in all)

Apr 14, 2018 18:56 as a reply to  @ ekfaysal's post |  #116

I agree.

Especially for those who are late to the game in terms of joining Instagram or Facebook to share their photographs. I'm sure one of their many questions is how to share their work via social channels while minimizing compressing or keeping the resolution as high as possible.

I think we all can agree that social media is here to stay and that sharing content is in its infancy. With that said, taking the time to make a tutorial (similar to what was done for the original thread) for sharing on social networks specifically would be a great investment and honestly a thread like that would probably be more helpful to people than just about any other thread on this site which is saying a lot because this place is such a great tool and helps so many people on a daily basis.

For what it's worth, I'm a millennial who works in the medical field and photography is only a hobby of mine, but most of my posts via Instagram or FB are of my photography shots. With that said, I'm very familiar and comfortable with how to share photos via social channels while keeping as high of resolution as possible (mainly thanks to me being a millennial and having had many social media accounts from the very beginning).

However, I'm thinking the people that would benefit the most from this new, updated tutorial, would be those who aren't computer or tech savvy when it comes to resizing pictures or messing with resolutions/dimensions and uploading them to social media and those who are only just now getting their feet wet with social media. Most of these people have never operated or had a social media account before having a Facebook or Instagram and still do not fully grasp the ability Facebook or Instagram has to share their photos as a photographer.

Sorry for the long post and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post it. Just some food for thought as it would only be helpful to this community and grow it even more.

Chris

sponsored links

131,965 views & 0 likes for this thread
PS Tutorial - Resizing Images Using Save For Web
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.