Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 06 Mar 2018 (Tuesday) 01:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

FPS question

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,700 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Mar 06, 2018 01:47 |  #1

Was filming a set for a friend's band, I accidently shot in 1440x1080 24fps instead of 1290x1080 24fps.

When I go to edit in Open Shot I can only find a single profile for 1440x1080, which is 25fps

Will I be fine exporting it at 25fps? It's only going on YouTube, no plan for broadcasting.

Thanks

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

SailingAway
319 posts
Joined Sep 2013

Mar 06, 2018 11:00 |  #2

Maybe. Maybe not. You could certainly try a couple edits and an export and see what it looks and SOUNDS like.

Do check for sound sync and for accurate pitch. Sync issues are perceivable by most people. Pitch would probably only be noticed by the band, but if they’re unhappy...

Can you take your 1440x1080-25fps template and plug in 24fps? (Or, 23.97) I’ve never worked in Open Shot, but flexibility to accept different formats would seem to be a pretty basic thing.

If you like the results of using the native profile, Youtube ought to accept it if your export is good at 25fps.

From the upper left corner of the U.S.
Photos, Video & Pano r us.
College and workshop instructor in video and audio.
70D, Sigma 8mm, Tokina f2.8 11-16, Canon EF-S f2.8 17-55, Sigma f2.8 50-150 EX OS, Tamron 150-600VC. Gigapan Epic Pro, Nodal Ninja 5 & R10.

maverick75
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,700 posts
Joined May 2012

Mar 06, 2018 11:33 |  #3

It was my first time using openShot so still a complete newbie to it. For the life of me I can't find a way to choose a custom profile, or to alter an existing one.

I first rendered a 1290x1080 25fps profile and the audio looks and sounds fine, vocals and instruments line up to my untrained eye. Can't tell about the pitch to be honest, never made it past my first music lesson.

I did not like how the image looked in that aspect ratio though, so gonna give a go at 1440, thanks for the help appreciate it!!

Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

maverick75
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,700 posts
Joined May 2012

Mar 06, 2018 16:38 |  #4

I think I figured it out. When you go File-> Export it gives you more options rather than just hitting the export button. In those options there's a tab for video and in there it let me change it from 25 to 24. Once it's done exporting I can verify the time to see if it added an extra frame or not.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,132 views & 0 likes for this thread
FPS question
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.