Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 11 Feb 2015 (Wednesday) 14:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 150-600 contemporary

ChrisAttebery
386 posts
Gallery: 212 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Mar 04, 2018 21:24 |  #376

Taken at Tunnel View in Yosemite on Friday, February 23rd. The light breaking through clouds lit up this peak in a pleasing way.

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4742/38795264650_91f8cbc85a_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/227c​Szh  (external link) IMG_3806 (external link) by Chris Attebery (external link), on Flickr

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
7,850 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 05, 2018 18:36 |  #377

snowyowl13 wrote in post #18555349 (external link)
I received my Sigma 150-600 mm lens yesterday. I've wanted to get one since it was first announced but my health issues made me reluctant to spend the money. I finally caved in and bought it. Today I'll be trying it out. Excited about that prospect. I have one question that someone on here may have the answer to. The instructions say that only the Sigma 1.4 teleconverter can be used with the lens. I have a Kenko C-AF 1.5X and a Tamron-F AF 1.4 teleconverters. If I try either of them with the new lens, is there risk of damage of some kind to the new lens?

Was that using the normal PDAf system or Liveview? Also are those converters you used it with reporting or non reporting? I would consider trying to pick up a Kenko to use with my 50D. It shouldn't really support PDAF since the 50D doesn't have ƒ/8 capable AF. Since the focal ratio limit on AF is caused by limits imposed by the width of the aperture, and not really by the brightness or contrast of the subject getting functioning AF is quite surprising.

Since I often need a 1.5× crop even at 600mm finding the lens might support a similar sized TC would be great.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

TreeburnerCT
417 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2016

Mar 12, 2018 14:45 |  #378

I have one of the Kenko Teleplus 1.4x extenders which causes an error to be reported when shooting through the viewfinder of my 80D, however it works great in Live View on the 80D or especially on my M6. That's actually one of the main reasons I got the EVF for my M6 was to be able to use the teleconverter with the Sigma 150-600 C.

-Joe

RapidPhotoCT.com (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Facebook (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

126,315 views & 112 likes for this thread
Sigma 150-600 contemporary
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.