Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 08 Mar 2018 (Thursday) 14:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Free Shutter Count for the 7DII

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
5,378 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 08, 2018 14:24 |  #1

Anyone have a link for a free shutter count for the 7DII that works ?

Thx

My Gear flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Jarvis ­ Creative ­ Studios
Goldmember
2,337 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Aug 2013

Mar 08, 2018 17:00 |  #2

Eoscount isn't free but it's only a few dollars.

WEBSITE (external link)
flickr (external link)
Sony HX90V || Sony RX100V || Sony a6500 || Sony a9 || Sony E 10-18mm f/4 OSS || Sony FE 24-70 f/2.8 GM || Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA || Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f1.8 ZA || Sony FE 70-200 f/2.8 GM OSS || Godox speedlights and strobes

mcoren
432 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Mar 2015

Mar 11, 2018 08:53 |  #3

There are two programs that I've used on the Mac, neither free but both available in the Mac App Store for a couple of bucks:

- ShutterCount - $3.99
- EOS Inspector - $1.99

I originally bought ShutterCount a few years ago and have been happy with it. It does what I need and gets updated regularly for new cameras. I purchased EOS Inspector last year to support the developer, who is on POTN.

In my experience, the so-called "free" shutter count utilities aren't worth the trouble. When I sold my 70D in January, the buyer had some sort of "free" utility on his laptop, and he spent about 10 minutes trying to get it to read the shutter count before discovering that was a "premium" feature for that program, which he would have to pay for anyway. Other programs I've seen require you to install "toolkits" or "packages" of some sort and then manually configure your registry or shell settings to be able to use them. IMO that's more trouble than it's worth to save four bucks on a simple to use app.

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, 7D, and 100 (film SLR)
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C, 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM (non-C)
A backpack, a bicycle, and a pair of hiking boots

nordlysBW
349 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2010
Post edited 3 months ago by nordlysBW.

Mar 12, 2018 13:21 |  #4

As posted in a former thread which I can't locate right now, Astro Photography Tool works fine with the 7D II. Don't get taken aback by the look of it on your screen. The tool will work for you even if astrophotography is not your passion.

Canon ­ Amateur
249 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2010
Post edited 3 months ago by Canon Amateur. (2 edits in all)

Mar 12, 2018 15:46 |  #5

If you happen to own an Apple computer, do a search for "Shuttercount osx" and try the orlv.github.io
FreeShutterCounter-1.2.2 sees my 1D4 and reported a shutter count of 200226
My EOS M3 is not supported.
On my Windows machine I tried APT v3.53 (the demo version) and this tool also reported 200226.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV / Canon EOS M3 / Lytro illum

WaltA
Goldmember
3,855 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Mar 12, 2018 17:33 |  #6

nordlysBW wrote in post #18583720 (external link)
As posted in a former thread which I can't locate right now, Astro Photography Tool works fine with the 7D II. Don't get taken aback by the look of it on your screen. The tool iwill work for you even if astrophotography is not your passion.

http://www.astropix.co​m …graphy-tool-v3-0-is-here/ (external link)

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

sponsored links

2,679 views & 4 likes for this thread
Free Shutter Count for the 7DII
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.