Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Feb 2018 (Friday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji X-H1 with IBIS

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,964 posts
Gallery: 321 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014

Mar 25, 2018 04:47 |  #151

I don’t see anything wrong with the sensor. Seems to produce images full of colour and, at least for me, the ISO performance is good. I think no one would complain ( well someone might) if a new sensor found it way into an upgraded camera but that’s probably next years upgrade. Upgrading the responsiveness of the camera in things like low light AF is more important to most. This is where Fuji have focused as always in the feel.

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T3. 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8.
Pelican, Ona, ThinkTank, Matthews Grip, Elinchrom

Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

sponsored links
rantercsr
Goldmember
2,891 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Mar 25, 2018 07:38 |  #152

AlanU wrote in post #18593445 (external link)
Rantercsr....please chime in about the low light AF........I'm eager to hear about this since this should be easily transferred in firmware for our older xpro2 and xt2.

I feel the low light AF is noticeably better than the xt2 I had. I did some quick tests side by side .. and I can see there is a difference. I'm happy with the improvement .

I know the camera has received just as much criticsm as it has praise.
To me it is a worthy upgrade . I don't miss the ev dial.
The new size and ergos is a good option for those that prefer it .
The ibis and new shutter mechanism combined are great .. I always had to be careful with camera shake (maybe some was shutter shock?) . I'm definitely getting alot more keepers in that sense.

There are some negatives, with this camera .. and with fuji as a whole. But every camera ive owned from every maker comes with its own set of quirks .I said it is a worth upgrade but I definitely would not call it a must have upgrade for all.

Fuji reps have said (in youtube videos ive watched) that certain aspects of the improved AF can be had in their other cameras via firmware upgrade but others cannot, not sure where lower light AF abilities fall.

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

Osa713
Goldmember
1,337 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 25, 2018 09:33 as a reply to  @ post 18593495 |  #153

Alan I think this confirms my post that you like to compare gear?

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,020 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 25, 2018 11:38 |  #154

Osa713 wrote in post #18593648 (external link)
Alan I think this confirms my post that you like to compare gear?

Yes indeed!! what is commonly seen on fuji lovers forums? 23mm f/1.4 vs 23f/2? should I buy a 56mm f/1.2 or 56mm f/1.2 apd or 50mm ? 55-200 vs 50-140, should I sell my X-t2 for an X-H1? etc. We always compare gear as it's human nature to make reference points of stuff we are familiar with.

Some can just "settle" which is absolutely fine since printing photos is the equalizer. Prints can make my previous 2006 Canon Xti files look amazing but why do I own a Canon 5dmk4 ??? It's about how you acquire your image. Goes to show why anyone using an X-e1 can be equally as happy as an X-e3 user....however an X-H1 is the king at the moment in flagship ownership. Is the images that much better than the render of the X-e1 using the same exact fuji lenses?????? NOPE........

To my eyes my Canon 24Lmk2 and 5dmk3/4 produces "better" files (sharper, cleaner especially for large group shots) than my X-t2 with 16mm f/1.4. Possibly this is interpretation in how I see the files???? However the Xt2 is "better" in situations where I do not want the extra bulk even though using a spider holster makes both systems almost effortless in carrying.

The 56 f/1.2 seems sharper than my Canon 85Lmk2. Fuji is more "fun" to use vs the heavier Canon lens setup. However the new Canon 85L f/1.4IS would have more micro contrast than the fuji analog look. We all tend to use a certain lens as a reference point.

An open minded, generalized observation you'll get a feel of Canon, Nikon and Sony users appreciating gear as a tool for producing images. So this can include landscape shooters and wildlife. However if you've been exposed to Micro 4/3, fuji and even leica it's a different photographic world as it's commonly much more romanced in the experience of using the gear while obtaining beautiful images. However the smaller form factor bodies tend to get a lot of love due to form factor.

Each manufactured camera system is quite universal in use but this also doesn't necessarily mean optimum use. Responsive performance in the mirrorless world goes to Sony. Mirrored bodies still seem to be the most responsive in initial shutter actuation. Fuji does well in all categories but AF response and shutter actuation still does not feel in the same league as Nikon, Canon or Sony with my experience. Fuji and "user experience" with knobs and such will win for enjoyment in use. I've brought this topic up in conversation with many people in the industry or personal friends that own a lot of the gear mentioned. I've yet to ever get disagreement.....but I'll hear it on POTN I'm nuts :P

People will compare gear all of the time. It seems I know more people owning multiple brands of camera gear simply due to form factor or specific "brand" render/look. Also depends on the camera lenses they own so this can be modern or legacy glass.

Camera gear comparison is NOTHING like HIFI stereo ownership :)

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 50-140 | TT685
Sony A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS

Osa713
Goldmember
1,337 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 25, 2018 12:10 as a reply to  @ AlanU's post |  #155

I think you should add “gear head” to your signature :-P

We all love gear just don’t let it be more important than the reason you have the camera in the first place.

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,020 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 25, 2018 12:47 |  #156

Two Hot Shoes wrote in post #18593554 (external link)
I don’t see anything wrong with the sensor. Seems to produce images full of colour and, at least for me, the ISO performance is good. I think no one would complain ( well someone might) if a new sensor found it way into an upgraded camera but that’s probably next years upgrade. Upgrading the responsiveness of the camera in things like low light AF is more important to most. This is where Fuji have focused as always in the feel.

I fully agree that low light AF should be on Fuji's R&D priorities. No doubt the Fuji crop sensor is very impressive.

Kim, I've known some friends for decades that work in the camera retail industry. Almost like watching the TV show "Cheers" when we get together in the store but coffee in hand :) Their customer base the X-H1 still confuses a lot of loyal fuji users. Having a flagship body introduced with recycled 2yrs old sensor is almost unheard of. The major disappointments in doing such a thing is REAL. But "us" humans will still buy it because ...just because. Size of the X-H1 and using the original smaller batteries from the little brother also makes zero sense.

No doubt the X-H1 is a different camera for many users. I would have bought one as I've mentioned before but I cannot get over the deliberate exclusion of a new sensor and gfx battery.

Not sure how Fuji cannot put IBIS in the X-t3. Smaller crop sensor allowing more space for motion absorption of the IBIS. Fuji can just slap on a battery booster for more battery juice and ibis on the smaller sensor....easy peasy. We know they have the technology now from the X-h1.

I just think Fuji tried to create temptation to dslr users. Epic failure in this attempt as many dslr Canon shooters are gravitating to Sony. Curiosity seems to be tempting nikon users as well to the Sony A7iii as a stepping stone. However die hard wedding photogs just keep using their familiar systems ...which is understandable.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Sony A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS

rantercsr
Goldmember
2,891 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Mar 25, 2018 14:50 |  #157

AlanU wrote in post #18593770 (external link)
I fully agree that low light AF should be on Fuji's R&D priorities. No doubt the Fuji crop sensor is very impressive.

Kim, I've known some friends for decades that work in the camera retail industry. Almost like watching the TV show "Cheers" when we get together in the store but coffee in hand :) Their customer base the X-H1 still confuses a lot of loyal fuji users. Having a flagship body introduced with recycled 2yrs old sensor is almost unheard of. The major disappointments in doing such a thing is REAL. But "us" humans will still buy it because ...just because. Size of the X-H1 and using the original smaller batteries from the little brother also makes zero sense.

No doubt the X-H1 is a different camera for many users. I would have bought one as I've mentioned before but I cannot get over the deliberate exclusion of a new sensor and gfx battery.

Not sure how Fuji cannot put IBIS in the X-t3. Smaller crop sensor allowing more space for motion absorption of the IBIS. Fuji can just slap on a battery booster for more battery juice and ibis on the smaller sensor....easy peasy. We know they have the technology now from the X-h1.

I just think Fuji tried to create temptation to dslr users. Epic failure in this attempt as many dslr Canon shooters are gravitating to Sony. Curiosity seems to be tempting nikon users as well to the Sony A7iii as a stepping stone. However die hard wedding photogs just keep using their familiar systems ...which is understandable.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by AlanU in
./showthread.php?p=185​93770&i=i13682119
forum: Fuji Digital Cameras

How do you know it was an epic failure?

I got a couple of Cameras and lenses ...Canon, Sony, Fuji, Pansonic, pentax
My portraits IG (external link)My everything else IG (external link)
MY flickr (external link)
My latest YT video -->https://youtu.be/YzJ1o​eiHm7Y (external link)

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
2,964 posts
Gallery: 321 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2014
Post edited over 1 year ago by Two Hot Shoes. (2 edits in all)

Mar 25, 2018 15:57 |  #158

thumbnail

The X-H1 uses the same battery as all the new Fuji X cameras, this was a deliberate choice by Fujifilm as many Fuji shooters have more than one Fuji camera, so if you have an X100f or any of the X-E/X-T or X-Pro lines you have common batteries. That makes a lot of sense to me and others like me who have a few Fuji bodies already so have more batteries than fingers. Also we have seen that the X-H1 can get 1000 shots out of a battery in the real world and still have 23% battery remaining. Just how much battery do you really need for any given series of shots? Well a 32gb card will give you about 730 shots in raw+f...

The size is bigger mostly in the grip, as per the requests of the many Fuji users (including yourself), and to allow for more cooling and fit the newly developed IBIS mechanism. The body is also bigger as it it thicker and with thicker paint with more weather sealing, so a bit tougher in the field for those who need it.

If you look at the video output stats of that camera, the IBIS the AF the new shutter and button and the Sub Ink screen etc.. that is a lot of new. Also the X-H1 has dual processors allowing for more throughput for things like the high bit rate 4k and the AF and IBIS etc... Not just about cramming in an IBIS system into a new camera, that you haven't seen BTW, or getting a new AF system in firmware updates.

I really don't see why anyone would be confused by a new camera, if you want a small Fuji there area options there for you, X-T20, X-E3 or X100f. The X-H1 is just another camera. If you like the idea of IBIS and/or want a bigger grip that it's one to consider. What's the confusion there?

Fuji shooters who also do video, there's your market segment right there, twice the output of the X-T2 and that was already OK video anyway. Super sharp and now 200Mpbs but only 8bit (10 bit on the GH5s) not that most will really notice. No camera is going to fit all your needs some are going to get closer than others.

Anecdotally I've to shoot some video for a client that I'm also covering for photography. Just a talking head for about an hour, well about three talking heads. That is going to get covered by my iPhone on a gimbal that I can remote control from another iPhone. I can use the gimbals tracking feature to follow the talker and the remote to zoom in/out and change the tracking to a new talker as needed. The FS7 will be staying at home this time, thankfully, as they are going live for the hour. That means no Raw 4K recording, no giant tripod, camera, battery, sound equipment etc... Now with a camera like the X-H1, caged with a small external recorder, the Sony will get less and less use for sure. But that is in the real world not the made up one of the internet and the battles over what camera produces the best shots (it's the XF100mp BTW), still have to see the shot where I'd say, 'oh, if only they had took that on a 35mm format rather than the slightly smaller one'.

Just because a camera will out spec another doesn't mean it is a better option but I very much enjoy playing TopTrumps all the same (more so when you hold the trump card  :p ).

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T3. 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 50-140/2.8.
Pelican, Ona, ThinkTank, Matthews Grip, Elinchrom

Gear & Discounts (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)
Coffee & Fujis (external link)YouTube (external link)

F2Bthere
Goldmember
1,032 posts
Joined Oct 2015
Post edited over 1 year ago by F2Bthere.

Mar 25, 2018 17:31 |  #159

@two hot shoes did a great job explaining the Fuji user who wants video side. The explanation is dead on in general and in detail, imo.

I also think Fuji is answering a bunch of issues which come up when Canon and Nikon users come on the forum and are considering switching. Surprisingly, many want a bigger body in some contexts even though they come to Fuji to reduce the weight of their gear. This camera answers both (the lenses are still lighter).

I hear your issue, @AlanU, with the battery, but I think that is mostly you. :) Add the base and you have three. Sure, there are some who will go Xh1 and GFX (I know one IRL), but the percentage is likely to be small.

The numbers who already own Fuji X series cameras and want to expand are, in all probability, orders of magnitude larger. Those who transition to Fuji from DSLRs and then decide they want a "travel" camera are also likely to be legion. I think the battery choice was the right call.

As for the sensor being old...the 16MP went un-upgraded for what, 4.5 years? They upgraded processing but not the sensor. I would have been surprised by a processor upgrade with this release from Fuji. It wouldn't fit the pattern.

I tend to resist buying new gear if it isn't going to give me a significantly better result. If I had weddings as my core business, I would add one of these :).

C&C always welcomed...
On my images, of course, and on my words as well--as long as it's constructive :).
https://www.instagram.​com/storyinpictures_co​m/ (external link)

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,459 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Mar 25, 2018 19:00 |  #160

AlanU wrote in post #18593720 (external link)
Some can just "settle" which is absolutely fine since printing photos is the equalizer. Prints can make my previous 2006 Canon Xti files look amazing but why do I own a Canon 5dmk4 ??? It's about how you acquire your image. Goes to show why anyone using an X-e1 can be equally as happy as an X-e3 user....however an X-H1 is the king at the moment in flagship ownership. Is the images that much better than the render of the X-e1 using the same exact fuji lenses?????? NOPE........

I'm still waiting for you to explain to everyone how print is the "equalizer". Please do explain, because it makes no logical sense.

To my eyes my Canon 24Lmk2 and 5dmk3/4 produces "better" files (sharper, cleaner especially for large group shots) than my X-t2 with 16mm f/1.4. Possibly this is interpretation in how I see the files???? However the Xt2 is "better" in situations where I do not want the extra bulk even though using a spider holster makes both systems almost effortless in carrying.

Until you show us some actual examples; yes, we can only rationally assume this is your interpretation (as has been discussed with you for over a year at this point).

The 56 f/1.2 seems sharper than my Canon 85Lmk2. Fuji is more "fun" to use vs the heavier Canon lens setup. However the new Canon 85L f/1.4IS would have more micro contrast than the fuji analog look. We all tend to use a certain lens as a reference point.

Again, please link some examples (even if not your own) to what you're talking about... I've never even heard anyone suggest that the 56/1.2 had an "analog" look... what does that even mean? How can something look "analog"?

An open minded, generalized observation you'll get a feel of Canon, Nikon and Sony users appreciating gear as a tool for producing images. So this can include landscape shooters and wildlife. However if you've been exposed to Micro 4/3, fuji and even leica it's a different photographic world as it's commonly much more romanced in the experience of using the gear while obtaining beautiful images. However the smaller form factor bodies tend to get a lot of love due to form factor.

Each manufactured camera system is quite universal in use but this also doesn't necessarily mean optimum use. Responsive performance in the mirrorless world goes to Sony. Mirrored bodies still seem to be the most responsive in initial shutter actuation. Fuji does well in all categories but AF response and shutter actuation still does not feel in the same league as Nikon, Canon or Sony with my experience. Fuji and "user experience" with knobs and such will win for enjoyment in use. I've brought this topic up in conversation with many people in the industry or personal friends that own a lot of the gear mentioned. I've yet to ever get disagreement.....but I'll hear it on POTN I'm nuts :P

People here don't think you're "nuts", they just think you're annoying when you make the same arguments constantly (often bathed in hyperbole) without any examples to provide for why you carry your opinions. It's made worse when you come off as incredibly arrogant about it with constant "LOL!"s and insipid use of exclamation marks while at the same time accusing anyone who differs from your experiences as "fanatics" even when they actually back their arguments with examples... my guess is that your in person conversations don't go quite the same way ;)

And yet those of us who pay attention to trends where completely unsurprised...

https://en.wikipedia.o​rg/wiki/Fujifilm_X-Pro1 (external link)
https://en.wikipedia.o​rg/wiki/Fujifilm_X-T1 (external link)

2 years apart from "old flagship" to "new flagship"... yet same sensor (with minor tweaks).

Fuji didn't update their sensor in a significant way until the X-Pro2 release in 2016. The X-Pro line is the embodiment of Fuji's vision, that's been clear since the X line was introduced. It's not really surprising at all that they hold off sensor changes for their primary camera. They're also the only manufacturer who uses their flagship sensor in ALL of their current lineup of camera bodies, something people who shoot with Fuji greatly appreciate for the congruity of their system... which is likely also part of the reason for keeping the battery the same.

It's pretty darn wonderful that I can just own one set of batteries and have them work across all of my cameras. It's also nice to have identical image quality with your main workhorse camera and your daily go everywhere camera. Not sure what it is about this that you're failing to grasp.

I'm sure there are some loyal people out there who buy whatever they buy "just because", but to pretend that's the reason most people do is facepalm worthy.

Care to present the group with your engineering degree? ;)

thumbnail

You're right, you and your friends don't like it... it's an "epic failure" :rolleyes:

The thing that baffles me the most in all this is just how vocal you are at being against the X-H1... I mean, why the vendetta against the camera in general?

Capitalism is pretty simple... don't like the product, don't buy it. Company makes less money, makes changes for future products. If however, many people disagree with you (seems to happen quite a bit) and they buy the product... well then, I guess they'll keep conducting business as usual (fine by most of us ;) ).

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

StudioAbe
BAAAAAAN!!!
1,913 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 25, 2018 22:10 |  #161

Im pleased with X-H1, despite naysayers (mostly those who seem to judge based on specs on paper and by "reviews" posted elsewhere online, as opposed to actually owning the camera). I shot Bar Mitzvah a mere week after receiving the camera; the touch screen threw me off until I turned it off, but other than that and loose flash to battery pack connection I can confidently declare the keeper rate, when in combination with non-OIS 16-55, went up compared to when shooting X-T2 with the same lens. By the way, I have noticed that Lightroom CC processes Fuji RAW files much better than they used to - I had to update a catalogue that included shots taken with X-T1 from a couple of years ago and when I saw some of the first shots taken with it, I had to take a second look. Back then, I rationalized what I saw imported into the version of Lightroom at the time was due to the limitation of APS-C sensor.

I don't think I could have shot this with XT-2, even if I employed my best handheld technique - check the shutter speed vs focal length.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

If it's in focus, it's pornography, if it's out of focus, it's art.
EOS R 5DSR X-H1 x2 | + gear | StudioAbe (external link) | Facebook (external link)

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,020 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 25, 2018 22:41 |  #162

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18593991 (external link)
I'm still waiting for you to explain to everyone how print is the "equalizer". Please do explain, because it makes no logical sense.

Until you show us some actual examples; yes, we can only rationally assume this is your interpretation (as has been discussed with you for over a year at this point).

Again, please link some examples (even if not your own) to what you're talking about... I've never even heard anyone suggest that the 56/1.2 had an "analog" look... what does that even mean? How can something look "analog"?

People here don't think you're "nuts", they just think you're annoying when you make the same arguments constantly (often bathed in hyperbole) without any examples to provide for why you carry your opinions. It's made worse when you come off as incredibly arrogant about it with constant "LOL!"s and insipid use of exclamation marks while at the same time accusing anyone who differs from your experiences as "fanatics" even when they actually back their arguments with examples... my guess is that your in person conversations don't go quite the same way ;)

And yet those of us who pay attention to trends where completely unsurprised...

https://en.wikipedia.o​rg/wiki/Fujifilm_X-Pro1 (external link)
https://en.wikipedia.o​rg/wiki/Fujifilm_X-T1 (external link)

2 years apart from "old flagship" to "new flagship"... yet same sensor (with minor tweaks).

Fuji didn't update their sensor in a significant way until the X-Pro2 release in 2016. The X-Pro line is the embodiment of Fuji's vision, that's been clear since the X line was introduced. It's not really surprising at all that they hold off sensor changes for their primary camera. They're also the only manufacturer who uses their flagship sensor in ALL of their current lineup of camera bodies, something people who shoot with Fuji greatly appreciate for the congruity of their system... which is likely also part of the reason for keeping the battery the same.

It's pretty darn wonderful that I can just own one set of batteries and have them work across all of my cameras. It's also nice to have identical image quality with your main workhorse camera and your daily go everywhere camera. Not sure what it is about this that you're failing to grasp.

I'm sure there are some loyal people out there who buy whatever they buy "just because", but to pretend that's the reason most people do is facepalm worthy.

Care to present the group with your engineering degree? ;)

You're right, you and your friends don't like it... it's an "epic failure" :rolleyes:

The thing that baffles me the most in all this is just how vocal you are at being against the X-H1... I mean, why the vendetta against the camera in general?

Capitalism is pretty simple... don't like the product, don't buy it. Company makes less money, makes changes for future products. If however, many people disagree with you (seems to happen quite a bit) and they buy the product... well then, I guess they'll keep conducting business as usual (fine by most of us ;) ).

Lucas,

Pixel peep some average to poor digital files on your computer. Then print the digital file an a nice wetlab printer at a pro lab. You will see that you can hide noise when you print a file. So you can have old tech digital camera's or older point/shoot camera's making really nice prints. An example is print some photos from your modern day iphone. You'd be amazed how good the prints can be upto 5x7 prints. The "Equalizer" is that printing photos can hide deficiencies in the digital file to a certain degree. This is common knowledge to most photographers.

Why not buy or rent some gear. It appears you need to see visual proof on the internet. Why not literally test gear for yourself instead of being fuji police on the forum ...... rent a Canon 5dmk4 and 24Lmk2 and conduct your own conclusion when you buy a fuji 16mm for comparison. Then you can compare your fuji files to some different modern gear from other manufacturers. I already purchased a Sigma MC-11 adapter for my Canon lenses even though I do not own a sony yet. I'm buying sony because I want to test it instead of reading or watching youtube videos proclaiming I'm an expert in the topic. I will judge myself if Sony is a fit for me.

I own the 5d3/5d4 and 85Lmk2. I also use the X-t2 and 56 f/1.2. If you do not know how your old Canon 6d files look I urge you to put effort in analyzing your old Canon files and look at the Canon render vs Fuji. It's extremely apparent that fuji files look different. Analog is probably inaccurate as I should have said FILM. Why not look up "Analogue Photography" and understand what I meant. I guess I quickly assumed you can tell the difference from digital file looking different to a Film camera. Fuji has a distinct different look. If you keep up with newer generation Canon lenses with the new nano coatings you'll understand exactly the difference between the difference in sharpness from the new gen 85L f/1.4 image stabilized prime vs my old 85Lmk2 f/1.2.

Fuji shooters are not all jumping for the X-h1. Why? Larger body alone? I'm vocal about battery and sensor. You may not realize this is a common discussion on the use of the small battery in a larger camera that will be using the rear LCD more due to being a "video" camera as well as potentially more current draw because of 2 processors.

If I still own/use fuji I'll consider the X-h2.. I would not be surprised if Fuji listens and puts the GFX battery in the X-H2. At least the larger fuji body will be mated with smaller fuji lenses vs. using pro level Sony glass to a small Sony body.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
10,459 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2012

Mar 25, 2018 23:19 |  #163

AlanU wrote in post #18594118 (external link)
Lucas,

Pixel peep some average to poor digital files on your computer. Then print the digital file an a nice wetlab printer at a pro lab. You will see that you can hide noise when you print a file. So you can have old tech digital camera's or older point/shoot camera's making really nice prints. An example is print some photos from your modern day iphone. You'd be amazed how good the prints can be upto 5x7 prints. The "Equalizer" is that printing photos can hide deficiencies in the digital file to a certain degree. This is common knowledge to most photographers.

Once again; at what DPI, what surface, size (just 5x7?)? You have a knack for making vast general comments that hold absolutely no water, then try to be condescending about it, it's baffling. Even an 11x14 print at 300 DPI will show more detail in an image than viewing on your 2mp monitor will. It's in no way an "equalizer" when you're talking about actually viewing the quality of the image, especially when we're talking about larger sized prints.

This further perplexes me as you claim the camera doesn't matter at all for prints, then you also go and claim that web sharing doesn't matter at all which camera you're using either... so what the heck are you using to share your photos? Do you send everyone your full size JPEGs and tell them they must be viewed at full resolution with the ability to zoom in to appreciate the image?

Why not buy or rent some gear. It appears you need to see visual proof on the internet. Why not literally test gear for yourself instead of being fuji police on the forum ...... rent a Canon 5dmk4 and 24Lmk2 and conduct your own conclusion when you buy a fuji 16mm for comparison. Then you can compare your fuji files to some different modern gear from other manufacturers. I already purchased a Sigma MC-11 adapter for my Canon lenses even though I do not own a sony yet. I'm buying sony because I want to test it instead of reading or watching youtube videos proclaiming I'm an expert in the topic. I will judge myself if Sony is a fit for me.

Once again you seem to be the only person who doesn't understand how this works... when you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you, otherwise you're just blowing smoke.

I couldn't care less if your claims were actually true or not, I'd still enjoy my camera despite the facts because it'd be "good enough" for me. The issue I have is that your claims are often hyperbolic nonsense. For the umpteenth time, it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with being "Fuji police", it's more a problem with the spreading of opinionated garbage as "fact" (same reason I avoid the news and instead research the source).

It's extremely ironic that you just told me to buy the stuff and research it before proclaiming to be an expert (something I've never done btw), then immediately admitted that you haven't tried the gear you keep talking about constantly (as though you're an expert) :rolleyes:

Pretty sure I've already posted this before, but here, I'll share again (even compares the exact lenses you mentioned); https://ivanjoshualoh.​com …1/30/x-pro2-takes-on-5d3/ (external link)

If you disagree with those assessment, why not make your own comparison and prove your point?

I own the 5d3/5d4 and 85Lmk2. I also use the X-t2 and 56 f/1.2. If you do not know how your old Canon 6d files look I urge you to put effort in analyzing your old Canon files and look at the Canon render vs Fuji. It's extremely apparent that fuji files look different. Analog is probably inaccurate as I should have said FILM. Why not look up "Analogue Photography" and understand what I meant. I guess I quickly assumed you can tell the difference from digital file looking different to a Film camera. Fuji has a distinct different look. If you keep up with newer generation Canon lenses with the new nano coatings you'll understand exactly the difference between the difference in sharpness from the new gen 85L f/1.4 image stabilized prime vs my old 85Lmk2 f/1.2.

If your post made sense in the first place I wouldn't have to look anything up... I figured you meant that it had a "film" look, but even that makes zero sense when we're talking about the 56/1.2. Are you suggesting that it renders like an older film lens? Even then, I'd call BS. I have many vintage lenses, I wish they performed like the 56/1.2 does, it'd save me a lot of money! :lol:

Once again, show me the difference... why is this so hard? Heck, just shoot me some links to show me the difference because I genuinely can't find any.

Fuji shooters are not all jumping for the X-h1. Why? Larger body alone? I'm vocal about battery and sensor. You may not realize this is a common discussion on the use of the small battery in a larger camera that will be using the rear LCD more due to being a "video" camera as well as potentially more current draw because of 2 processors.

What type of argument is that? Canon shooters are not all jumping on the 1DXii or 5DSr... why? Nikon shooters are not all jumping on the D850, D5, or D500... why? Maybe because there are more options than just the top contender? Maybe because the top camera is not the one most shooters seek to use?

I'm not interested in the X-H1 because I'm extremely content with my X-Pro2 and have no desire for a larger body or IBIS, or spending $800 more than what I paid for my X-Pro2... so now my lack of interest means that the X-H1 is an "epic failure"? Give me a break...

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // XF 60mm f2.4 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

Osa713
Goldmember
1,337 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 25, 2018 23:34 as a reply to  @ EverydayGetaway's post |  #164

lol

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

Osa713
Goldmember
1,337 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Mar 25, 2018 23:35 |  #165

StudioAbe wrote in post #18594102 (external link)
Im pleased with X-H1, despite naysayers (mostly those who seem to judge based on specs on paper and by "reviews" posted elsewhere online, as opposed to actually owning the camera). I shot Bar Mitzvah a mere week after receiving the camera; the touch screen threw me off until I turned it off, but other than that and loose flash to battery pack connection I can confidently declare the keeper rate, when in combination with non-OIS 16-55, went up compared to when shooting X-T2 with the same lens. By the way, I have noticed that Lightroom CC processes Fuji RAW files much better than they used to - I had to update a catalogue that included shots taken with X-T1 from a couple of years ago and when I saw some of the first shots taken with it, I had to take a second look. Back then, I rationalized what I saw imported into the version of Lightroom at the time was due to the limitation of APS-C sensor.

I don't think I could have shot this with XT-2, even if I employed my best handheld technique - check the shutter speed vs focal length.

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by StudioAbe in
./showthread.php?p=185​94102&i=i194381943

Crazy sharp at that shutter speed!

LIGHT>LENS>BODY

sponsored links

16,643 views & 141 likes for this thread
Fuji X-H1 with IBIS
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.