Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 18 Jan 2015 (Sunday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What kind of Wildlife Photographer Are "YOU"

Sounds
114 posts
Joined Jun 2015

Apr 08, 2018 07:58 |  #631

Haha, too cool, I've never posted and got a vid of a guy's friends before in a reply cheers too kind. That's properly lovely Jeff thank you (put a massive smile on my face mate that has)

Jeff I bumble about in a field with a blummin big wabbit,if there are other folks other togs,there ain't no wabbit.

So I'm really out of me depth in these situations Jeff,if I'm honest mate I try not to judge, folks here don't know Jeff. If noone has ever made them think about the implications no one had educated it is unfair for me to judge.... I had a guy turn up here clever educated man,38 years old...stu is that an onion you are growing?? he had never seen one Jeff alive Folks think meat comes in a plastic bag, here,not that it was once a beautiful animal . So I try to be pragmatic,but I do scream inside. I got to make images of some fairly tame boar kids Jeff,they are two groups,their mums killed by crossbows,because they are being drawn to the roads for food,basically put out by humans,well meaning but ignorant of the implications. Boar are being poached here due to the monetary value. Watching two kids bed down together and knowing mum should be present or one of their number running around screaming because he lost the group,haunts me mate. I'm soft as they come in some ways Jeff,a realist in others,I know these pigs need managing. But I struggle with mom and kids being split up before the kids are really ready,because of the feediing making the poaching so easy

Hey ho I'd love to shoot in more snow ,that last image of you and the fox is wonderful. Here's a couple of those boar kids having a spat

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4747/27910326079_0d63257763_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/JwkH​yB  (external link) _70F4849 (external link) by Stuart Philpott (external link), on Flickr

stu

sponsored links
Trik
979 posts
Gallery: 121 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 08, 2018 11:34 |  #632

Pondrader wrote in post #18602291 (external link)
I agree with you Tom, The super cold can produce some very sharp as well as pristine images. .....If you dress correctly throwing fashion to the wind..... lol
We had the system go through here as well MedicineMan. It was snowing so hard you could not see but a few feet in front of you.
I believe this should be my new logo if only I knew how to do it.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=186​02291&i=i34176891
forum: Wildlife

Come on, own up - you had a nice piece of raw meat or a chicken sandwich in your pocket! But how wonderful to be so close to a wild creature that doesn't feel threatened by your presence - and isn't, itself, a threat. Are the vixens more tolerant than the dog foxes?

http://www.trikimages.​co.uk (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
15,926 posts
Gallery: 2498 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by Pondrader.

Apr 08, 2018 11:50 |  #633

Trik wrote in post #18602417 (external link)
Come on, own up - you had a nice piece of raw meat or a chicken sandwich in your pocket! But how wonderful to be so close to a wild creature that doesn't feel threatened by your presence - and isn't, itself, a threat. Are the vixens more tolerant than the dog foxes?

Thus the reason I don't post more stuff like this. I don't bait any animals for their company or my images. This is one group of foxes I have fed but the reason was I needed something to administer the Meds in. She looked like this ( image 1) a few times in her life and I medicated them to save their lives. Thus the reason they have no fear of me. I believe its 5 times in her life time. I guess I should do a thread on Mange and wildlife so I don't have to explain lol
I just spilled the beans on this just shortly ago. Its nothing special.. just a guy saving some foxes. Sometimes against the laws wishes.
They are like a house dog. once you get to know them. and no male female all the same.
Again the after shot a year or so later.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
Photo from Pondrader's gallery.

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

Trik
979 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 08, 2018 11:58 |  #634

Pondrader wrote in post #18602428 (external link)
<snip> I medicated them to save their lives. .. just a guy saving some foxes. Sometimes against the laws wishes.

Bravo! :love:

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
15,926 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by Pondrader.

Apr 08, 2018 12:07 |  #635

I’m sure I would think the same if some one posted every wild critter big and small in Canada at close range. Honesty I just walk up to them and shoot lol it’s that simple. I guess it’s about maximizing every second your in the company of wildlife. Some shoot a few images and play on the make of their camera. I just shoot using the details inside the view finder. That’s how I get 682 images of a Lynx in 12 mins or 1200 of a fox I’ve seen for 16. Here where I live you in counter wildlife and then it’s gone. Getting great images that make you smile while processing.... well that’s up to the shooter.
It is normal to think baited but here where I live only the outsiders find the need.

flickr (external link)

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
7,279 posts
Gallery: 81 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2018 12:36 |  #636

Pondrader wrote in post #18602308 (external link)
lol Yes it is me Charles. I did this shot on purpose to make it look like I was shooting way over there when the fox was right in front of me. My shooting partner took the Image.
I remember she came up to me so I motioned to my buddy to take the shot.

Your question and reactions are just what I was looking for from this shot lol. Kind of like the sly fox getting close without my knowing

Well I am happy to know I did not disappoint you Jeff! ;-)a

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
15,926 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2018 12:38 |  #637

Inspeqtor wrote in post #18602465 (external link)
Well I am happy to know I did not disappoint you Jeff! ;-)a

Absolutely Charles. It was meant to do just as you did lol.. your reactions are normal lol

flickr (external link)

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
7,279 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2018 12:54 |  #638

Thus the reason I don't post more stuff like this. I don't bait any animals for their company or my images. This is one group of foxes I have fed but the reason was I needed something to administer the Meds in. She looked like this ( image 1) a few times in her life and I medicated them to save their lives. Thus the reason they have no fear of me. I believe its 5 times in her life time. I guess I should do a thread on Mange and wildlife so I don't have to explain lol
I just spilled the beans on this just shortly ago. Its nothing special.. just a guy saving some foxes. Sometimes against the laws wishes.
They are like a house dog. once you get to know them. and no male female all the same.

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​02428&i=i26398341

I had no idea you did this Jeff. Do you have any veterinary training of any kind? Or are you just another Dr. Doolittle where you talk to the animals and they talk back to you?? ;-)a

Charles
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

Trik
979 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Apr 08, 2018 13:00 |  #639

What kind of wildlife photographer am I? Well, I came to photography pretty late in life, as I had neither the patience nor expertise for analogue cameras. The patience is still a problem, and a handicap for successful wildlife shooting - I want that photo, and I want it NOW! So, I guess I am a machine gunner, rather than a sniper, on the basis that, if I hold the button down long enough and often enough, I might get a keeper.

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
17,309 posts
Gallery: 1732 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Jul 2013

Apr 08, 2018 13:41 |  #640

Pondrader wrote in post #18602291 (external link)
I agree with you Tom, The super cold can produce some very sharp as well as pristine images. .....If you dress correctly throwing fashion to the wind..... lol

We had the system go through here as well MedicineMan. It was snowing so hard you could not see but a few feet in front of you.

I believe this should be my new logo if only I knew how to do it.
thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​02291&i=i34176891

That is awesome in spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Almost like the fox is waiting for the sirloin to come out of the jacket pocket.
Pondrader to be honest, here in my hills if a fox ever got that close we'd be freaking about rabies!

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
15,926 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2018 14:08 |  #641

Inspeqtor wrote in post #18602475 (external link)
I had no idea you did this Jeff. Do you have any veterinary training of any kind? Or are you just another Dr. Doolittle where you talk to the animals and they talk back to you?? ;-)a

Just a Know it all redneck Charles... Kind of a Robin hood mentality lol

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
15,926 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2018 14:12 |  #642

Trik wrote in post #18602479 (external link)
What kind of wildlife photographer am I? Well, I came to photography pretty late in life, as I had neither the patience nor expertise for analogue cameras. The patience is still a problem, and a handicap for successful wildlife shooting - I want that photo, and I want it NOW! So, I guess I am a machine gunner, rather than a sniper, on the basis that, if I hold the button down long enough and often enough, I might get a keeper.

lol I'm kinda somewhere in between. Burst shooter I would say. I also do not sit around much. I'm to busy shooting wildlife.

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
15,926 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 08, 2018 14:16 |  #643

MedicineMan4040 wrote in post #18602516 (external link)
That is awesome in spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Almost like the fox is waiting for the sirloin to come out of the jacket pocket.
Pondrader to be honest, here in my hills if a fox ever got that close we'd be freaking about rabies!

lo....l I touch mine every time I get a chance.

flickr (external link)

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
6,828 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined May 2011

Apr 08, 2018 15:13 |  #644

thumbnail
./showthread.php?p=186​02428&i=i26398341

Jeff, I think it's amazing you know how to do that.... that's how the wolf species was domesticated.. human kindness.

You know how much I admire your photos... so sad your camera is causing you problems. You are one of the good guys...

Thank you for taking the time to contribute so much to POTN.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1DX2 | 1D IV | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS | 100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition | Editing Encouraged

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
7,279 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2018 17:16 |  #645

Phoenixkh wrote in post #18602588 (external link)
Jeff, I think it's amazing you know how to do that.... that's how the wolf species was domesticated.. human kindness.

You know how much I admire your photos... so sad your camera is causing you problems. You are one of the good guys...

Thank you for taking the time to contribute so much to POTN.

:love: :love: :love:

Charles

sponsored links

175,514 views & 1,704 likes for this thread
What kind of Wildlife Photographer Are "YOU"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.