Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 07 Apr 2018 (Saturday) 17:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photo Shooting

4jrosario
23 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined May 2010

Apr 07, 2018 17:15 |  #1

This was a Photo Shooting for Sweet 15. Any Suggestion will be welcome.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 07, 2018 17:25 |  #2

Sweet 15 Photo Shooting

HOSTED PHOTO

4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 07, 2018 17:29 |  #3

HOSTED PHOTO

4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 07, 2018 17:35 |  #4

HOSTED PHOTO

mathogre
Goldmember
3,471 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2009
Post edited 3 months ago by mathogre. (2 edits in all)

Apr 07, 2018 23:22 |  #5

Hi!

First of all, congratulations! You photographed a very pretty young lady and created photos with beautiful light and colors. Bravo!

Suggestions?

First photo. Post processing, lighten her face. It's one of the best in your set. If you selectively lighten her face, the photo will benefit greatly! Btw, the balloons add a nice color contrast and a fun element to the photo! I love this.

Second photo. The broken lamp detracts. You could do two things. The simpler one would be to remove the lamp and leave the post, and that would work. The more complicated would be to straighten the lamp itself. I'd also crop the photo a bit, cutting from the upper right corner of the photo down toward the left. Btw, on the fourth photo I mentioned the leaning is unattractive. In this photo, I think leaning back on the railing is perfect. She's casual, composed, and confident. Finally on this one, direct sunlight is really hard and harsh, especially on the face. Regardless, I still like it here, and I think you made it work with her. She's not squinting, so it's not detracting from the photo.

Third photo. As with the first one, this would benefit from lightening her face in post processing. She has the benefit of light that was softened with her hat. Just a bit of exposure increase on her face and maybe her left shoulder and arm would help. Also as with the first photo it's one of the best of your set. She's really pretty, and it is otherwise a lovely photo! She's very grown-up in this photo. You could even crop this to come in closer to her upper body, removing the hands. This could make for an even better photo.

Fourth photo. Leaning against the rail isn't very attractive. She appears off balance and as if she is using it for support. She could certainly have her hand on the rail, but as a casual place to put her hand rather than something for support.

Were this my daughter, I'd want the first three photos with the aforementioned changes. Very nice work!

I hope this helps! I always side on the judgement of the photographer, and my suggestions are no more than that, merely suggestions.

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Zenfolio Collection (external link)

4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 08, 2018 17:51 as a reply to  @ mathogre's post |  #6

Many thanks for your advice and for taking your time for looking this compositions.

HOSTED PHOTO

Personally i am m not very fan of Post Processing, but your suggestions are great.!!!.
Here is another two that i like a lot .

4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 08, 2018 17:54 |  #7

HOSTED PHOTO

mathogre
Goldmember
3,471 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Mar 2009

Apr 08, 2018 23:41 |  #8

4jrosario wrote in post #18602680 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by 4jrosario in
./showthread.php?p=186​02680&i=i128056642
forum: Weddings & Other Family Events

Wow, this is such a great photo! It's perfect as a closing shot either to a scene or the complete set. :D

Graham
Canon A BIG ONE A Small One An itty bitty one
My Zenfolio Collection (external link)

4jrosario
THREAD ­ STARTER
23 posts
Joined May 2010

Apr 09, 2018 07:23 as a reply to  @ mathogre's post |  #9

Many thanks for your comment. For me that is one of my favorite.!!!

sponsored links

1,132 views & 7 likes for this thread
Photo Shooting
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.