Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 09 Nov 2005 (Wednesday) 17:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

show me your best are you looking at me shots

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
15,723 posts
Gallery: 2425 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 09, 2018 07:35 |  #10441

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Sibil
Cream of the Crop
8,135 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 09, 2018 12:34 |  #10442

IMAGE: https://i.imgur.com/XPztNPz.jpg

Jack ­ Dawe
Goldmember
2,187 posts
Gallery: 241 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 09, 2018 20:14 |  #10443

Another from my stop in Singapore: a Spotted Wood Owl.

HOSTED PHOTO

Canon 7D2 · 50 f/1.8 · 17-55 f/2.8 IS · 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM · 100 f/2.8 Macro · 100-400 L IS II
Picture editing is OK. CC always welcome.

robamy
Goldmember
1,783 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Apr 10, 2018 05:18 |  #10444

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/821/40466296935_2de6c6b962_h.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/24DS​mfK  (external link) A good Stretch (external link) by A & R Photography (external link), on Flickr

flickr https://www.flickr.com​/photos/robamyphotos/ (external link)
Instagram #RobAmyNature
YouTubehttps://www.youtube.co​m …/UCXHzc4eU2AfHU​CuGW31GNdA (external link)
Vimeo https://vimeo.com/roba​myvideos (external link)

tdierikx
226 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 10, 2018 17:02 |  #10445

It sucks big time that some people have such low self esteem and so little talent of their own that they will appropriate the work of others to pass off as their work.

With regard to Jeff's fox (and other critters) photos, he has spent so much time and patience getting familiar with his subjects, and they reward him with beautiful poses and a comfortableness that is abundantly evident. The ones with kits especially move me, as I know how protective their mothers are about them, and Jeff must have so much trust earned from the vixens to get that close to their babies.

When I wrote my husbandry manual for the red fox, I asked Jeff if I could use some of his photos in the manual, and he was very gracious in allowing me to do so... and I made sure he got full credit for each and every one of them. If he had have said no, then I would have respected that... I know how hard getting decent photos of foxes is... lol!

All the above said... it takes a very special blend of talent, patience, and ease with one's subjects to get the type of photos Jeff gets... and much kudos to him for sharing them with us. He's one of those special people that it is a priviledge to have gotten to know some through his passion for these stunning critters...

T.

Pondrader
15,723 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 10 months ago by Pondrader.

Apr 10, 2018 18:02 |  #10446

tdierikx wrote in post #18604143 (external link)
It sucks big time that some people have such low self esteem and so little talent of their own that they will appropriate the work of others to pass off as their work.

With regard to Jeff's fox (and other critters) photos, he has spent so much time and patience getting familiar with his subjects, and they reward him with beautiful poses and a comfortableness that is abundantly evident. The ones with kits especially move me, as I know how protective their mothers are about them, and Jeff must have so much trust earned from the vixens to get that close to their babies.

When I wrote my husbandry manual for the red fox, I asked Jeff if I could use some of his photos in the manual, and he was very gracious in allowing me to do so... and I made sure he got full credit for each and every one of them. If he had have said no, then I would have respected that... I know how hard getting decent photos of foxes is... lol!

All the above said... it takes a very special blend of talent, patience, and ease with one's subjects to get the type of photos Jeff gets... and much kudos to him for sharing them with us. He's one of those special people that it is a priviledge to have gotten to know some through his passion for these stunning critters...

T.

Well thanks T, I think I have the perfect Image for you.. lol The world is a strange place and we all just have to go with the flow or it will run you over. People stealing images off the internet is never going to stop so I know if I post something its out there for the world to take for their own. There's I'm sure dozens of guys on here having there images used by others in an unauthorized manner.

On the positive side people all over the world now can protect each other by letting us know and taking action as one person did from the Netherlands. To her I'm grateful. Super person. O and I'm still waiting from the hard copy lol. Thanks for the chance to be in the Book. would not have missed it .

Something from the past ... It was a blast

Some of the toughest shooting the 7DII ever had to do

HOSTED PHOTO

flickr (external link)

tdierikx
226 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 10, 2018 18:19 |  #10447

That photo has my eyes leaking with love and happiness... there's just something about animals doing their natural thing in their natural habitat... and babies are just the best!

I've had the opportunity to hand raise kits myself, and while it's an amazing opportunity to get up close and personal with them, there is something even more special about seeing them carrying on with their antics naturally... you are truly blessed, and for that I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to "share" your experiences through your images... thank you!!!!!

T.

Pondrader wrote in post #18604160 (external link)
Well thanks T, I think I have the perfect Image for you.. lol The world is a strange place and we all just have to go with the flow or it will run you over. People stealing images off the internet is never going to stop so I know if I post something its out there for the world to take for their own. There's I'm sure dozens of guys on here having there images used by others in an unauthorized manner.

On the positive side people all over the world now can protect each other by letting us know and taking action as one person did from the Netherlands. To her I'm grateful. Super person. O and I'm still weighting from the hard copy lol. Thanks for the chance to be in the Book. would not have missed it .

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=186​04160&i=i254963523
forum: Wildlife

Pondrader
15,723 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 10, 2018 18:52 |  #10448

tdierikx wrote in post #18604170 (external link)
That photo has my eyes leaking with love and happiness... there's just something about animals doing their natural thing in their natural habitat... and babies are just the best!

I've had the opportunity to hand raise kits myself, and while it's an amazing opportunity to get up close and personal with them, there is something even more special about seeing them carrying on with their antics naturally... you are truly blessed, and for that I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to "share" your experiences through your images... thank you!!!!!

T.

Thanks T..

flickr (external link)

Pagman
I just hold the thing :-)
8,394 posts
Gallery: 1716 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Apr 10, 2018 20:14 |  #10449

On the positive side people all over the world now can protect each other by letting us know and taking action as one person did from the Netherlands. To her I'm grateful. Super person. O and I'm still weighting from the hard copy lol. Thanks for the chance to be in the Book. would not have missed it .

thumbnail

Wondeful Jeff as all your work is.:-);-)a

P.

Some stuff.

Pondrader
15,723 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 10, 2018 20:18 |  #10450

Pagman wrote in post #18604242 (external link)
Wondeful Jeff as all your work is.:-);-)a

P.

Thanks Pagman

flickr (external link)

Jack ­ Dawe
Goldmember
2,187 posts
Gallery: 241 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 10, 2018 20:32 |  #10451

thumbnail

That photo's cute beyond words!

Canon 7D2 · 50 f/1.8 · 17-55 f/2.8 IS · 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM · 100 f/2.8 Macro · 100-400 L IS II
Picture editing is OK. CC always welcome.

Pondrader
15,723 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 10, 2018 21:37 |  #10452

Jack Dawe wrote in post #18604251 (external link)
That photo's cute beyond words!

Aren't they ever Jack...

flickr (external link)

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
7,141 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 10, 2018 23:34 |  #10453

thumbnail

Oh my goodness! They are so adorable!!!

Charles
Canon EOS 60D Gripped * Canon EOS XSi * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

R3dHawk
200 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 11, 2018 02:32 |  #10454

thumbnail

Fantastic shot. Love the light. I can't imagine the effort needed to get into position to take a shot like that.

Chris H
Canon 70D & 20D, Sigma 10-20mm, Canon 24-85mm, Canon 55-250mm IS, Canon 100-400L

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/144655374@N06/ (external link)

Pondrader
15,723 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 10 months ago by Pondrader.

Apr 11, 2018 07:01 |  #10455

R3dHawk wrote in post #18604399 (external link)
Fantastic shot. Love the light. I can't imagine the effort needed to get into position to take a shot like that.

what you can't see and hear is the Mosquitos.. 100's of thousands of them on you trying to suck every last drop of blood from your body. The noise of it all along with the
claustrophobia of being covered head to toe, shooting through screen can be a challenge. but as you can see, very much worth it. The noise will drive most people out of the bush.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,377,465 views & 63,546 likes for this thread
show me your best are you looking at me shots
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.