Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup 
Thread started 14 Mar 2018 (Wednesday) 10:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lexar 64gb CF cards out of stock everywhere? Is it discontinued?

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,419 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 24, 2018 13:29 as a reply to  @ post 18585527 |  #16

Which Sandisk's are you buying? The price difference between the 300mb/s & 95mb/s is steep! Like you, I want cards that write fast to the camera (high speed stills).

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,062 posts
Joined May 2003
Post edited 4 months ago by John from PA.

Mar 24, 2018 17:34 |  #17

JJD.Photography wrote in post #18593097 (external link)
Which Sandisk's are you buying? The price difference between the 300mb/s & 95mb/s is steep! Like you, I want cards that write fast to the camera (high speed stills).

Are you referring to CF (as in the original post) or SD cards.

We don't know you style of photography and equipment so just a suggestion based on the image below. Based on a Google search and what is likely you website all I see is more or less static images, so the slower speed card is likely more than ample. The card on the left is about $50 and the one on the right about $200. The one on the left has a "C" with 10 in the middle and the one on the right has a Roman numeral II as opposed to I on the left. Perhaps you should research what that terminology means and how it might affect you photography style.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,419 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 24, 2018 18:52 as a reply to  @ John from PA's post |  #18

I wasn't referring to either SD or Compact flash. I was simply asking which Sandisk the OP was going with. I also mentioned that I shoot high speed stills and care about write speeds within the camera. I understand the terminology, but that doesn't explain if the steep price is justified with in camera performance.

Thanks for the post anyhow.

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,062 posts
Joined May 2003

Mar 24, 2018 19:52 |  #19

JJD.Photography wrote in post #18593284 (external link)
I wasn't referring to either SD or Compact flash. I was simply asking which Sandisk the OP was going with. I also mentioned that I shoot high speed stills and care about write speeds within the camera. I understand the terminology, but that doesn't explain if the steep price is justified with in camera performance.

What exactly do you mean by "high speed stills"? Are you referring to a burst of 10 shots, shutter button down? You website does not lead one to believe that to be the case. There is a point where the capability of the card exceeds the capability of the camera, at which point you are wasting money unless you are looking to the future and improved bus speed in the camera itself.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

cristphoto
874 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Mar 25, 2018 10:14 |  #20

The question was about CF cards. Personally I use the Lexar Professional 1066x cards which are UDMA7 compliant. When talking with Canon they said these cards (and similar spec Sandisk cards) get the most from their cameras. I know when I shoot on my bodies with the Lexar 1066 card they easily beat the published specs for burst shooting.

5D MKIV, 5D MKIII, 1D MKIV, 24L II, 35L, 50L, 85LIS, 100LIS Macro, 135L, 300LIS, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200LIS, 100-400LIS

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
549 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 27, 2018 13:03 |  #21

JJD.Photography wrote in post #18593097 (external link)

I got 2 64gb Extreme Pro cards from the San Disk store - $74 each.

http://shop.sandisk.co​m …42500/categoryI​D.31886600 (external link)

www.jamesparkerphoto.c​om (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,062 posts
Joined May 2003

Mar 27, 2018 15:08 |  #22

James33 wrote in post #18595058 (external link)
I got 2 64gb Extreme Pro cards from the San Disk store - $74 each.

http://shop.sandisk.co​m …42500/categoryI​D.31886600 (external link)

Lexar 1066X $60 at Adorama...https://www.adorama.co​m …LSVjhE72BP_EaAs​AhEALw_wcB (external link)

James33
THREAD ­ STARTER
549 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 28, 2018 13:37 |  #23

John from PA wrote in post #18595137 (external link)
Lexar 1066X $60 at Adorama...https://www.adorama.co​m …LSVjhE72BP_EaAs​AhEALw_wcB (external link)

On back order........ Forever. I've been waiting on them to become available for months.

www.jamesparkerphoto.c​om (external link)

Mike ­ Deep
Goldmember
1,863 posts
Gallery: 77 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2008

Mar 29, 2018 21:55 |  #24

I wouldn't be surprised if Longsys has no intention of picking those CF cards back up and is being reticent with retailers about the line's status.

www.mikedeep.com (external link) | SportsShooter (external link)

eelnoraa
Goldmember
1,771 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 13, 2018 14:17 as a reply to  @ John from PA's post |  #25

Left is UHS-I extreme pro. USH-I has interface limit of 104MB/s. Taken away overhead, 95MB/s is pretty good max speed. 5D4 has an UHS-I SD card slot. So this is a good fit.

Right UHS-II extreme pro, interface speed is much higher bandwidth at 312MB/s. This is a overkill for 5D4 because it doesn't have UHS-II interface. In fact, UHS-II card can be slower in UHS-I backward compatibility mode. So my suggestion is don't waste your money on this

5Di, 5Diii, 28, 50, 85, 16-35II, 24-105, 70-200F2.8 IS

sponsored links

1,754 views & 6 likes for this thread
Lexar 64gb CF cards out of stock everywhere? Is it discontinued?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.