Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 13 Apr 2018 (Friday) 19:51
Search threadPrev/next

Finally

inwardphoto
157 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 13, 2018 19:51 |  #1

Finally, have everything set up.

1. Model. (reliable, not going to show up drunk)
2. Location - Local luxury hotel rents suits in 4-hour blocks just for this purpose. (Who knew)
3. Equipment - Full frame, 50mm, 85mm, 70-200 (don't imagine I'm going to use that one much), plus some simple lighting (all speedlights)
4. Costumes - Simple plain white men's shirt, a couple of corsets in different colors

Now to get me ready.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,263 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 15, 2018 10:58 |  #2

Fingers crossed for you on the model.

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
4,964 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Apr 16, 2018 10:37 |  #3

It is bad luck to solve all problems ahead of time. Drobo the god of photographic mishaps doesn't like it if you do that. You really need to allow for a small mishap (like not having enough batteries - but knowing where the nearest store is). Otherwise Drobo will do something like burn down the hotel :(

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

inwardphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
157 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 17, 2018 09:27 as a reply to  @ Dan Marchant's post |  #4

LOL. At least I remembered to reschedule to a different date than the Friday the 13th we had originally looked at. :)

The rest of the clothing got here yesterday clothing got delivered yesterday. I've paid for the hotel already. I've got tear sheets for the poses and looks I"m looking for.

Yup your right, something will go wrong.

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,472 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 17, 2018 11:42 |  #5

Hair and makeup artist?

If the model is doing her own makeup, does she understand that photo-ready makeup is quite different than daily street-wear makeup?

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

inwardphoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
157 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Apr 18, 2018 15:43 as a reply to  @ nathancarter's post |  #6

That is going to be my fail probably. She's doing her own, but her normal makeup is pretty good. So it's going to be up to me.

I've got the suite for 4 hours so I"m going to get there early and make sure I've got it all scoped out and everything. Just stopped at SAMS club and bought a huge pack of batteries. Everything charged. Lens cleaned. Stopped and bought some props even this afternoon.

AZGeorge
Goldmember
2,195 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 18, 2018 19:52 |  #7

Was the luxury hotel fire minor?

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

803 views & 3 likes for this thread
Finally
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.