Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 17 Apr 2018 (Tuesday) 17:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My photography and hunting buddy

KT29
Goldmember
2,611 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 17, 2018 17:35 |  #1

My girl Dakota.:-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Terry

sponsored links
Lame-Duck
Goldmember
3,497 posts
Gallery: 233 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 18, 2018 22:39 |  #2

KT29 wrote in post #18608763 (external link)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by KT29 in
./showthread.php?p=186​08763&i=i123642033
forum: Pets

Now that's my kind of picture. Very nice shot of Dakota. My gal's name is Moxie...also a black lab.

LD, or Mike
Often mistaken, but never in doubt.

Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
14,253 posts
Gallery: 2068 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 2 months ago by Pondrader.

Jun 08, 2018 03:04 |  #3

KT29 wrote in post #18608763 (external link)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by KT29 in
./showthread.php?p=186​08763&i=i123642033
forum: Pets

Lame-Duck wrote in post #18609408 (external link)
Now that's my kind of picture. Very nice shot of Dakota. My gal's name is Moxie...also a black lab.

Pondrader is/was the reg name of my kennel. I bread Labs, all three colours for 18 years.
Up until my wife was in a serious head on car crash. Took three years to get her back on her feet and another couple to walk again. Oddly enough ... the reason I got back to shooting as heavy as I do these days. Believe it or not I dont have any dogs now. some I miss every day.

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

Canonuser123
584 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Jun 08, 2018 03:12 |  #4

Pondrader wrote in post #18641288 (external link)
Pondrader is/was the reg name of my kennel. I bread Labs, all three colours for 18 years.
Up until my wife was in a serious head on car crash. Took three years to get her back on her feet and another couple to walk again. Oddly enough ... the reason I'm got back to shooting as heavy as I do these days. Believe it or not I dont have any dogs now. some I miss every day.

Glad your wife is better now.
I don't know how I could stand to not have dogs, I lost my oldest dog last December, he was almost 17 1/2 years old, the house feels kind of empty now, I still have three other dogs.

Pondrader
14,253 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited 2 months ago by Pondrader.

Jun 08, 2018 03:39 |  #5

Canonuser123 wrote in post #18641292 (external link)
Glad your wife is better now.
I don't know how I could stand to not have dogs, I lost my oldest dog last December, he was almost 17 1/2 years old, the house feels kind of empty now, I still have three other dogs.

I have become use to it I guess. after having them for so long I'm not sure how. The losing them part helps with the not having one. today my wife you could not tell she was in a wheel chair. She puts more miles on her fitbit than women half her age lol.

flickr (external link)

Lame-Duck
Goldmember
3,497 posts
Gallery: 233 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 08, 2018 19:19 |  #6

Up until my wife was in a serious head on car crash. Took three years to get her back on her feet and another couple to walk again. Oddly enough ... the reason I'm got back to shooting as heavy as I do these days. Believe it or not I dont have any dogs now. some I miss every day.

Jeff...I'm happy to hear that you got your wife back again. What a horrible experience for both of you to have to endure. I'm happy that you're back to shooting a lot, but how in the world can you survive without at least one dog? I couldn't do it.

LD, or Mike
Often mistaken, but never in doubt.

KT29
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,611 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 08, 2018 20:54 |  #7

Up until my wife was in a serious head on car crash. Took three years to get her back on her feet and another couple to walk again. Oddly enough ... the reason I got back to shooting as heavy as I do these days. Believe it or not I dont have any dogs now. some I miss every day.

Jeff, what a terrible thing to happen to your wife. She sounds like a tough cookie. So good that she was able to recover so well. My little black girl is my constant companion to my trips to the woods. She is my early warning system to all critters fur or feathers. She has saved my bacon more that once from walking up on bedded down black and grizzly bears, besides all the other unseen critters. She doesn’t chase or bark. We have had some interesting conversation though.ߘI"m not looking forward to having to replace her.

Terry

Pondrader
14,253 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jun 08, 2018 20:55 |  #8

Lame-Duck wrote in post #18641731 (external link)
Jeff...I'm happy to hear that you got your wife back again. What a horrible experience for both of you to have to endure. I'm happy that you're back to shooting a lot, but how in the world can you survive without at least one dog? I couldn't do it.

I'm just really happy wondering what my wife Brenda and I can do with our spare time. Maybe a dog down the road sometime.

Sorry for highjacking your post terry... do you have a neoprene vest for her...?? If not get one and watch her double in confidence in the water and outings. they save a few bumps and scrapes too. my dogs loved them and would get very excited when you put it on them.

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
14,253 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jun 08, 2018 21:10 |  #9

KT29 wrote in post #18641766 (external link)
Jeff, what a terrible thing to happen to your wife. She sounds like a tough cookie. So good that she was able to recover so well. My little black girl is my constant companion to my trips to the woods. She is my early warning system to all critters fur or feathers. She has saved my bacon more that once from walking up on bedded down black and grizzly bears, besides all the other unseen critters. She doesn’t chase or bark. We have had some interesting conversation though.ߘI"m not looking forward to having to replace her.

I had a friend like that.. his name was Simon.. lol he thought he was human. and he was I think. and ya .. rips your heart out.
I ended up with Pondrader because I had to pick 10 names and send them in in order of pick and they wouldn't give me the name I wanted and moved down the list until they got to this spelling and that was that. I only had 8 dog but they were all house pets and behaved so. at one time I had 3 litters plus the 8 so 27 dogs in the house..!!
Yes sometimes I need my head examined lol

flickr (external link)

KT29
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,611 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 08, 2018 21:13 |  #10

Pondrader wrote in post #18641768 (external link)
I'm just really happy wondering what my wife Brenda and I can do with our spare time. Maybe a dog down the road sometime.

Sorry for highjacking your post terry... do you have a neoprene vest for her...?? If not get one and watch her double in confidence in the water and outings. they save a few bumps and scrapes too. my dogs loved them and would get very excited when you put it on them.

No problem Jeff. Yes, I do have a vest for her. I mostly use it though, when we are dealing with cold water. I originally got it for my yellow lab years ago. He didn’t like it all that well. When I first put it on him, you would have thought that I put him in a straight jacket. It was quite funny to watch him. Recently, my wife informed me that I couldn’t get another lab, because she is allergic to the hair. All these years, and now she tells me. So now I’m looking at a Wirehair Griffon for the future. They appear to be more hair friendly. I sure will miss having a lab though.

Terry

Pondrader
14,253 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jun 08, 2018 21:46 |  #11

KT29 wrote in post #18641781 (external link)
No problem Jeff. Yes, I do have a vest for her. I mostly use it though, when we are dealing with cold water. I originally got it for my yellow lab years ago. He didn’t like it all that well. When I first put it on him, you would have thought that I put him in a straight jacket. It was quite funny to watch him. Recently, my wife informed me that I couldn’t get another lab, because she is allergic to the hair. All these years, and now she tells me. So now I’m looking at a Wirehair Griffon for the future. They appear to be more hair friendly. I sure will miss having a lab though.

lol well I'm sure theres one out there that can be the best dog you could ask for.

flickr (external link)

Grizz1
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 22, 2018 21:17 |  #12

Really like this pic Terry, just now stumbled onto it. So now that you have moved does Dakota have retrieving to do like back in ND? I'm really not familiar with the area you live in now, any upland birds, grouse, waterfowl ??

You are going to laugh at me one of these days when I post a pic of our new dog, a true lap dog that weighs 3 lbs at 11 weeks old. My wife had to get another dog as we buried the family Chocolate lab a month ago and our Bichon 2 weeks later, June was a difficult month at my house. I've had many dogs, 40 adult Foxhounds at one time, all trained and competed in trials with them but they don't get as attached or personal like a house dog or a Lab. Now a good hunting Lab that is also a house dog, pet and traveling buddy are so special, they can be replaced but never forgotten .

Steve
2 Canon 60D's, 70D 18-135,-55-250, Sigma 150-500 OS,Sigma 50mm 1.4 ,Sigma 120-300 Sport,Sigma 10-20. 580EXII

KT29
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,611 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 22, 2018 22:59 |  #13

Grizz1 wrote in post #18668344 (external link)
Really like this pic Terry, just now stumbled onto it. So now that you have moved does Dakota have retrieving to do like back in ND? I'm really not familiar with the area you live in now, any upland birds, grouse, waterfowl ??

You are going to laugh at me one of these days when I post a pic of our new dog, a true lap dog that weighs 3 lbs at 11 weeks old. My wife had to get another dog as we buried the family Chocolate lab a month ago and our Bichon 2 weeks later, June was a difficult month at my house. I've had many dogs, 40 adult Foxhounds at one time, all trained and competed in trials with them but they don't get as attached or personal like a house dog or a Lab. Now a good hunting Lab that is also a house dog, pet and traveling buddy are so special, they can be replaced but never forgotten .

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dogs Steve. That is pretty darn hard. Something I never look forward to. I'm ready to see your new little chocolate. Does it have a name yet?
If I manage to outlive Dakota, I will be getting a Griffon. Jan can't stand all the hair flying around the house anymore. Still would rather have a lab though. Bird hunting out here is not at all comparable to bird hunting in ND. Though we do have waterfowl and grouse, they are mostly in token numbers, but still fun all the same to hunt. Miss the pheasant hunting the most. Dakota has slowed up quite abit as of late, so now we both hunt at about the same pace. I'm hoping she will be able to make the up coming season.

Terry

sponsored links

1,072 views & 15 likes for this thread
My photography and hunting buddy
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.