Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
Thread started 17 Apr 2018 (Tuesday) 21:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The spring babies are arriving

mjcarson
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 17, 2018 21:18 |  #1

Mom nested by my front door a few weeks ago and the young arrived about 4 hours ago. There were two eggs, not sure both hatched, never seen both baby heads at the same time so may be one more coming soon. Same photo, just one is a crop of the other. The neck skin is so thin you can see the mom's beak in the throat. The babies head is about the size of a pea!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Matt
Stellarvue 90mm Fluorite, AstroTech 111mm and 72mm, Celestron CPS 1100, Losmandy GM-8, Olympus EM1.2, Modified Olympus EM5.2 and Olympus Pen F. Obviously more gear than talent.

sponsored links
EyeSpyEagle
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Apr 18, 2018 11:37 |  #2

Neat shots Matt.

Are you remote controlling the camera?

PhilM
Nikon fledgling....

mjcarson
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 18, 2018 12:43 |  #3

No, no need to remote control in this case, the nest is literally 12-inches outside my window, so just set up a tripod in my hallway and waited for mom to come home from grocery shopping and snapped away.

Matt
Stellarvue 90mm Fluorite, AstroTech 111mm and 72mm, Celestron CPS 1100, Losmandy GM-8, Olympus EM1.2, Modified Olympus EM5.2 and Olympus Pen F. Obviously more gear than talent.

mjcarson
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 18, 2018 21:26 |  #4

Took a few more today, not through my hall window, actually set up outside and waited and sat very still for a bit of time. Mom checked me out a few times and then ignored me and fed the two babies.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Matt

Red ­ Dexs
Goldmember
2,737 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Apr 19, 2018 03:39 |  #5

Great shots Matt, keep them coming.

I like what I like.
Gear-Canon 1DX2, Canon Eos 7D2, Canon EF 300mm f2.8L IS II USM, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS II USM, EF100mm f/2.8L IS USM, EF 16-35mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 70-200 f/4 IS USM. Canon extenders 1.4x & 2x MKIII.

mjcarson
THREAD ­ STARTER
252 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited 10 months ago by mjcarson.

May 04, 2018 12:45 |  #6

Been a few weeks, and today the first of the babies ventured forth from the nest for the first time. What his next plan is (get back into the nest or try to flap) only time will tell.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Matt

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,436 posts
Gallery: 156 photos
Joined Apr 2003

May 04, 2018 13:15 |  #7

Amazing!

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

EyeSpyEagle
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Sep 2014

May 04, 2018 15:01 |  #8

CyberDyneSystems wrote in post #18619477 (external link)
Amazing!

Ditto that!

Good stuff Matt.

PhilM
Nikon fledgling....

sponsored links

871 views & 29 likes for this thread
The spring babies are arriving
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Birds 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.