Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 20 Apr 2018 (Friday) 10:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Remote shutter release for 6D Mk II

chvvkumar
254 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 20, 2018 10:23 |  #1

Hello all,

I am looking for a wireless remote shutter release for my 6DMKii. So far, I haven't found a Bluetooth remote other than the overpriced BR-E1 (external link)

I previously used the Yongnuo RF-603 II C1 (external link) with my 60D but can't seem to find a suitable cable to use with my 6DMKii.

I am also looking at PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wireless (external link) as well but I wanted to know if you have a better recommendation.

For reference, the 6d MKII uses Canon's N3 port.

Thank you!

www.kumarchalla.com

sponsored links
Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,983 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 6 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Apr 20, 2018 10:32 |  #2

These N3 cables exist for the 603II, I use it for my original 6D.

Even if you have to buy another 603II unit, it might be the cheapest, reliable option.

A smartphone can also do it wirelessly with the free canon app.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,477 posts
Gallery: 140 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 20, 2018 10:39 |  #3

Just call B&H at 212-444-6784. . They have great customer service reps who will tell you what wireless remotes are compatible with your 6D2.

I see threads like this often, where people want to know what product will meet their needs. . I wonder why so many folks seem to be hesitant to call the customer service people at big places like B&H and Adorama - they are the ones who have this information at their fingertips. . Do people feel like if you call them and they find what you need, then you would somehow feel obligated to buy the item from them? . This is absolutely not the case at all.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

chvvkumar
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 20, 2018 10:43 |  #4

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18610256 (external link)
These N3 cables exist for the 603II, I use it for my original 6D.

Even if you have to buy another 603II unit, it might be the cheapest, reliable option.

A smartphone can also do it wirelessly with the free canon app.

Thank you!

I was wondering if there were any better remotes than the 603IIs. I also don't want to use my phone since I find the process of connecting the phone to the camera a bit clunky and slow (and not to mention, I keep my remote in my pocket in cold weather and just press the button through tactile feel. This can't be done with a phone's touch screen).

www.kumarchalla.com

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
8,983 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 20, 2018 11:13 |  #5

Found it. https://www.bhphotovid​eo.com …1E_wMxEAQYASABE​gKl7_D_BwE (external link)

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

chvvkumar
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 20, 2018 16:05 |  #6

Thank you!

www.kumarchalla.com

HelenOster
That's me!
4,453 posts
Joined Jul 2008
Post edited 6 months ago by HelenOster.

Apr 21, 2018 20:08 |  #7

chvvkumar wrote in post #18610249 (external link)
Hello all,

I am looking for a wireless remote shutter release for my 6DMKii. So far, I haven't found a Bluetooth remote other than the overpriced BR-E1 (external link)

I previously used the Yongnuo RF-603 II C1 (external link) with my 60D but can't seem to find a suitable cable to use with my 6DMKii.

I am also looking at PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wireless (external link) as well but I wanted to know if you have a better recommendation.

For reference, the 6d MKII uses Canon's N3 port.

Thank you!

How about this: https://www.adorama.co​m/fpcrwn3.html (external link) or this: https://www.adorama.co​m …c80n3&searchred​irect=true (external link)

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

chvvkumar
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 22, 2018 10:02 |  #8

Thank you Helen! I will look at the ones you linked. On first blush, the ones in the links are wired but I am looking for wireless remotes.

www.kumarchalla.com

HelenOster
That's me!
4,453 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Apr 22, 2018 13:14 |  #9

chvvkumar wrote in post #18611377 (external link)
Thank you Helen! I will look at the ones you linked. On first blush, the ones in the links are wired but I am looking for wireless remotes.

https://www.adorama.co​m/fpcrrn3.html (external link)
https://www.adorama.co​m/icarc6.html (external link)

^^^ both wireless

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

chvvkumar
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 23, 2018 10:32 |  #10

Thanks Helen!

Those are exactly what I was looking for!

www.kumarchalla.com

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
8,345 posts
Joined May 2003

Apr 24, 2018 08:34 |  #11

chvvkumar wrote in post #18611953 (external link)
Thanks Helen!

Those are exactly what I was looking for!

I have the "equivalent" under a different brand name (for a 60D and 80D) to what Helen provided in her 1st link. It works great. I use it in the winter to set a tripod about 10 feet from a bird feeder and fire the camera from indoors.

chvvkumar
THREAD ­ STARTER
254 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Apr 24, 2018 13:51 |  #12

John from PA wrote in post #18612531 (external link)
I have the "equivalent" under a different brand name (for a 60D and 80D) to what Helen provided in her 1st link. It works great. I use it in the winter to set a tripod about 10 feet from a bird feeder and fire the camera from indoors.

I had one similar to the one for my 60D for a number of years as well and used it quite extensively. Since I've moed to a 6D MKII, I was looking for any more advanced developments in remotes that were not an app on a phone.

www.kumarchalla.com

sponsored links

1,592 views & 6 likes for this thread
Remote shutter release for 6D Mk II
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.