Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 08 May 2006 (Monday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where's Nifty?! #2

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,341 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Mar 30, 2018 21:50 |  #13351

STM Nifty has arrived. I will try and get out with it tomorrow. Had a nasty allergy attack on Thursday. Recovering today. I'm not sure if we're coloring eggs for Easter this year or not. If we do I'll get some pictures of that. I have some plans for Nifty this time around requiring some traveling around the Atlanta area. Lots to see there I've discovered while working as a contractor. I've switched jobs so I'm not out and about as much as I used to be but my office is about 45 minutes south of Atlanta so I'm hoping to do some after work shooting.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

sponsored links
itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,925 posts
Gallery: 1078 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Mar 30, 2018 21:57 |  #13352

CameraMan wrote in post #18597381 (external link)
STM Nifty has arrived. I will try and get out with it tomorrow. Had a nasty allergy attack on Thursday. Recovering today. I'm not sure if we're coloring eggs for Easter this year or not. If we do I'll get some pictures of that. I have some plans for Nifty this time around requiring some traveling around the Atlanta area. Lots to see there I've discovered while working as a contractor. I've switched jobs so I'm not out and about as much as I used to be but my office is about 45 minutes south of Atlanta so I'm hoping to do some after work shooting.

I'm so glad that Nifty is with you! Sorry about the allergy attack; I'm still struggling with mine. Get better soon and let's see those lovely shots :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Face Masks on Etsy (external link)

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,640 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by joayne. (2 edits in all)

Mar 31, 2018 11:48 |  #13353

Treavor and Nick.. could you please delete your posts of the Nifty Lists?
It gets too confusing for people trying to add names to the list.
The actual list can be found in my signature and it is up to date.
A simple request is all that is needed... I'll update the list as requests come in.

Thanks ;-)a

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Please Quote the post to which you are responding.

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,207 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 31, 2018 23:15 |  #13354

Joayne

I think you will find that the Nifty that CameraMan has (The STM version) is the Dupan Nifty that Gutterscum had passed onto someone.

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,640 posts
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 3 years ago by joayne. (2 edits in all)

Apr 01, 2018 12:44 |  #13355

Mark Vuleta wrote in post #18597973 (external link)
Joayne

I think you will find that the Nifty that CameraMan has (The STM version) is the Dupan Nifty that Gutterscum had passed onto someone.

Yup, I'm aware that the STM came from AUS or NZ.. ... .
It is unfortunate and should not have happened. It took a bit of time to realize what had happened.
(Kandahar-Afghanistan) Bk2life (james) failed to move it on when he was there and brought it to the USA.

The cost of mailing it back is expensive, as I have mailed Nifties twice to Europe.
The cost of shipping is nearly twice what those were worth, and that is without declaring it as camera equipment, which would raise the cost significantly.

Is there something that you would like me to do? I could mail it back.

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
10,238 posts
Gallery: 182 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 04, 2018 11:19 |  #13356

Kasrielle wrote in post #18596368 (external link)
Thanks! Here's a short geography lesson: The Sunshine Coast in BC is a ribbon of communities 85 kilometres long. It's part of the mainland, but only accessible via ferry or seaplane. It's only about an hour from Vancouver, including the 40 minute ferry ride, but is pretty remote. (And that hour distance doesn't include the often times hour plus wait for the ferry each way... or the $80 cost for a car and driver.) It's a rain forrest, so the winters are very wet, but during the summer we get more sun than many other BC coastal areas - hence the name! (Is that more than you ever wanted to know?) :)

Sounds like a place I'll want to visit the next time I'm up that way.

Tim

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,640 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 07, 2018 12:09 |  #13357

Tim.. How are things up your way?
Building that boat yet?

Stay Safe!

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
10,238 posts
Gallery: 182 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Timphoto.

Apr 07, 2018 16:52 |  #13358

joayne wrote in post #18601938 (external link)
Tim.. How are things up your way?
Building that boat yet?

Stay Safe!

We're fine, just thoroughly soaked. The rain was steady, but no sudden big downpours, so there were very minimal mud slides and minor flooding, but nothing serious. The County did an excellent job of preparing the critical areas.

Tim

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,640 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 08, 2018 11:34 |  #13359

Timphoto wrote in post #18602047 (external link)
We're fine, just thoroughly soaked. The rain was steady, but no sudden big downpours, so there were very minimal mud slides and minor flooding, but nothing serious. The County did an excellent job of preparing the critical areas.

Good to hear Tim!
I think the weather service panicked a bit, but better safe than sorry!!

joayne
Cream of the Crop
13,640 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 12, 2018 02:35 |  #13360

CameraMan wrote in post #18597381 (external link)

Hoping to see some photos from you ... ..  :p

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,341 posts
Joined Dec 2010
Post edited over 3 years ago by CameraMan.

Apr 12, 2018 08:10 |  #13361

joayne wrote in post #18605112 (external link)
Hoping to see some photos from you ... ..  :p

I'm hoping to get out with it this weekend and shoot. Last weekend was cold and raining. This weekend should be a little nicer. There's an all mud truck event this weekend but I don't even know if there is a spectator area or not. If not then I doubt I will be walking around in the mud with camera gear around my neck. :)

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

Kasrielle
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 20, 2018 21:51 |  #13362

Got out again yesterday and played around more with the Kenko 20mm extender. Here are some with and without.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

www.photosbykas.com (external link)
my Flickr Page (external link)
500px.com/Kasrielle (external link)

Kasrielle
Goldmember
1,158 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Jun 2008

Apr 20, 2018 21:52 |  #13363

And one more with the extender...

HOSTED PHOTO

www.photosbykas.com (external link)
my Flickr Page (external link)
500px.com/Kasrielle (external link)

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,925 posts
Gallery: 1078 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Apr 20, 2018 22:14 |  #13364

Kasrielle wrote in post #18610609 (external link)
And one more with the extender...
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Kasrielle in
./showthread.php?p=186​10609&i=i53763555
forum: Member Activities

Nice grape hyacinths aka muscari but I have no idea what the pink ones are called Kasrielle :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Face Masks on Etsy (external link)

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,341 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 21, 2018 16:06 |  #13365

Hey guys, Sorry I haven't posted anything. Started a new job around the time I got the lens and have been working 6 days a week, 10-12 hours per day. If things don't slow down by the end of next week I may just move Nifty along. I was really hoping to do some shooting with the STM but my time with a camera in my hands has been limited to practically no time. I did take some photos a week or so ago but that required a longer lens than the 50mm so I was unable to even use it minimally.

sponsored links

2,966,067 views & 5,991 likes for this thread
Where's Nifty?! #2
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.