Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 23 Apr 2018 (Monday) 10:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

DxO Labs in receivership

MCAsan
Goldmember
3,796 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Apr 23, 2018 10:21 |  #1

Other sites report that DxO Labs, separate company from DxO Mark, has gone into receivership. Last year they said they would release new Photolab with updated Nik Collection in mid 2018.

I hope they emerge a strong player in processing apps.

sponsored links
gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,720 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 23, 2018 10:38 |  #2

There is already a thread here. Might be best to keep this discussion in one thread, though there doesn't seem to be much to say so far. :)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Apr 24, 2018 08:18 |  #3

Well, crap. No doubt the NIK collection has had some troubled times thru the years. I had hopes when DxO got it a short while ago. But now.......?

Website (external link) |

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,289 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 04, 2018 16:15 |  #4

Latest is just they are restructuring and plan to continue with NIK.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,219 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

May 04, 2018 17:22 |  #5

digital paradise wrote in post #18619566 (external link)

...so for those of us who tried to use DXO software for RAW conversion, ultimately it was a waste of time ?!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

May 04, 2018 17:55 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

digital paradise wrote in post #18619566 (external link)

I’ve been with a company that went through restructuring...it’s the standard statement out of the company do not to scare away any remaining customers. Time will tell how they emerge, if they emerge and the affects this will have on the company going forward.

I personally would take any statement that is released with a grain of salt.

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,289 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 04, 2018 18:48 |  #7

Wilt wrote in post #18619596 (external link)
...so for those of us who tried to use DXO software for RAW conversion, ultimately it was a waste of time ?!

Depends on what you are looking for. Has no DAM or adjustment history. Very annoying. Prime stands up to it's reputation. It is very good at killing background noise without making the subject look too plastic and maintaining detail, especially at higher ISO's. That was the main reason I got it. I have not decided about Lens Distortion and others yet as I have not compared it to Adobe yet but I like the results. Those are basically turned off in LR when the TIFF comes back.

I tried it years ago but did not like how it took over. I know a little more about PP these days so easier to work with. When needed I'll be using it for my wildlife shots as a plugin for LR. Fast to export to DXO but pretty slow to come back but for a hobby shot I have the time. I still prefer LR's export sharpening process over USM so best of both worlds for me right now.

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,289 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 04, 2018 18:51 |  #8

Hogloff wrote in post #18619613 (external link)
I’ve been with a company that went through restructuring...it’s the standard statement out of the company do not to scare away any remaining customers. Time will tell how they emerge, if they emerge and the affects this will have on the company going forward.

I personally would take any statement that is released with a grain of salt.

I did take it with a grain of salt but I'm not too worried right now. I took the risk and we will see. I can't see myself getting a new body until a 7D3 (if ever) is announced.

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
How do I change this?
14,289 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 04, 2018 19:00 |  #9

Oh another annoying feature. You can't see NR and a few other adjustments in the full image. They use a small window which I suppose makes it faster. Still worth it for Prime. I tried several NR plugins but nothing came close to it IMO. Just like LR's export process I just let Prime do it's thing.

Image Editing OK

sponsored links

1,257 views & 0 likes for this thread
DxO Labs in receivership
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.