Title says it all, almost.
I have had a 40D for 10 years or so and it's just about time to upgrade it
Ideally I would wait for a 7D3 to be available but I am tempted to get a new camera for a nice trip I will soon have.
Would you buy the 7D2 now or is it a waste to buy such an old camera?
I would like to have:
- good low iso performance (especially since I am planning to buy either the sigma 100-400 or 150-600, both F6.3 or similar).
- hdr and/or higher dynamic range (my phone can take better landscapes than my camera, at times!)
- tilt screen would be nice but it is not a big deal
- weather sealing is nice but not a big deal
I do not care for:
- touch screen
- extreme fps (the 40D is sufficiently fast for me)
Any other camera you would consider instead of the 7D2?
I think I prefer the 7D2 on the 80D, but other than that I have been out of the camera loop for a while so I might be missing something.
Lenses I have:
Canon 100 2.8 macro (old one); canon 70-300is (old one); sigma 17-50 2.8; tokina 11-16 2.8
Thanks for your input.