Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 10 Mar 2018 (Saturday) 14:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Followed thread notification emails

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,759 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Mar 10, 2018 14:09 |  #1

I am now enabling emails after server move, so you'll start to receive Followed thread notification emails. Registration and PM notifications are working now.

Followed thread notification emails (only an example below, real ones will be without the black ink mess and sharper fonts) are essentially notification lists as you see in notifications here.

Purpose on the notification mail is not to send every new post to you, but to remind you that there is unread content here.

The first mail contains the current list.
The following mails contain the list and also points which threads have new posts since last mail.

You can change settings for frequency, inactivity etc. in https://photography-on-the.net …?show=notificat​ion_emails
The settings are immediately honored.

The actual mailing process happens in this startup phase once an hour, when all is ok I'll set it to run every 15 min or faster. There is currently a very long line of people who need a notification mail, so reducing that queue in slow starting steps may take days. I expect the system to be running normally in couple of weeks.

Let me know if you have problems (too much mail, too little) and I'll try to solve them. These things are hard to test in development systems, so live action will show more.

The mails are
From: "Photography-on-the.net Forums" <webmaster@photography-on-the.net>
Subject: New posts in photography-on-the.net forums

Every mail contains a personal cancel link, that works without login. Canceling emails is essentially virtually clicking "I do not want to receive followed thread notification emails" in FYEO, and you will get a Heads Up if a cancel code is used. There is a separate cancel code for PM mails.

Mail validity is tested so there should be no problems or rejections of mail from POTN. Please do not respond to messages, replies are not read.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

ncjohn
737 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 19, 2018 11:28 |  #2

I've never gotten notification emails since the forum remake a few years ago. I checked my settings a few days ago; as far as I know they're correct. I have no "junk" or "spam" folder because i don't let my email client decide which emails are junk and which are real.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,759 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

May 19, 2018 11:34 |  #3

ncjohn wrote in post #18628404 (external link)
I've never gotten notification emails since the forum remake a few years ago. I checked my settings a few days ago; as far as I know they're correct. I have no "junk" or "spam" folder because i don't let my email client decide which emails are junk and which are real.

The mails have been on hiatus since there were bugs found, they will be running again with next update, planned for tomorrow.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

912 views & 1 like for this thread
Followed thread notification emails
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.