I have a 5D Mark IV and starting to regret ever investing in this card format. I'm not a pro so the need for speed or even additional slot was never a buying decision. My MacBook Pro has an SD slot (which I love and hate that they got rid of them in the new models). But now my reader, an Anker, has the pins bent less than a year of use. So I had to tether my camera to get the pics. I know, fist world problems...
So here's my question(s)... I'm thinking of abandoning compact flash and strictly use SD. Has anyone here done this and feel their life just got easier? Should I just downgrade and sell the 5D4 and go for the 6D2? I would get some funds back which will be nice.
At the moment I have it setup for RAW to the CF and JPG to the SD. If I stop using the CF, then both RAW and JPG will be written to the SD. Which is convenient since I can use my SD to Lightning adapter for my iPhone to edit and upload.
So part II (switching cameras?). If I go for the 6D2...
- I lose 1/8000
- The DR is supposedly better on the 5D4
- Less focus points and are tightly clustered
- Lose a half a frame per second (not a deal breaker obviously)
- No headphone jack (I don't do video)
- No 4K (again I don't do video)
- 30 MP vs 26 MP on the 6D (negligible IMO)
- Lose joystick (this I will certainly miss)