Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 27 May 2018 (Sunday) 21:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Metal Prints, What Labs Do You Prefer

dano57
791 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 27, 2018 21:08 |  #1

SO, I am wanting to try some metal prints but do not have any idea as to who is the best. I'd like to get some opinions as I am sure many of you have already experiences both good and bad. Please let me know your recommendations and as well who I probably need to avoid.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan - Central Oklahoma
www.imagesbywest.net (external link)
www.classychassisphoto​.com (external link)
http://www.facebook.co​m/ClassyChassisPhoto (external link)

sponsored links
Merlin_AZ
867 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 28, 2018 09:39 |  #2

I've been happy with CGPro and Costco.
Adorama's colors were off (greenish skin) and they refused to reprint it.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,483 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 28, 2018 12:28 |  #3

Merlin_AZ wrote in post #18634367 (external link)
I've been happy with CGPro and Costco.
Adorama's colors were off (greenish skin) and they refused to reprint it.

Deeply concerned to see this - please email me: Helen@adorama.com with more details and I can promise you it will be taken care of.

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOster (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/ (external link)

LibbyAdoramapix
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Jul 2014

May 28, 2018 13:41 as a reply to  @ Merlin_AZ's post |  #4

Hi Merlin,

Apologies.

Do you mind if I ask what happened or do you have an order number? We always reprint when notified within 30 days of receiving order.

Would like to resolve this to your satisfaction because that's not how we treat members. You can message me here or contact me directly at libby@adoramapix.com

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Libby
Social Media Manager
AdoramaPix

LIbby
Social Media Manager/Adoramapix
libby@adoramapix.com
Customer Service 1-888-216-6400

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,108 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited 8 months ago by Picture North Carolina.

May 30, 2018 23:26 |  #5

Dan,

If CG Pro indeed does good metals, I would go with them. I have had many canvas prints done by them and was happy with the quality. But never had metal done.

So, like you, I can only go by what others say. However, if they are good, their pricing is usually lower than competitors.

For example, using the open / raw online prices, Adoramapix asks $74.99 for a 16x20 where CGPro asks $49.99 - a substantial difference.

My problem with CGpro and why I have never had a metal done there is their limited sizes. For example, if you're shooting a standard 2x3 format, the very first full frame metal size CGPro offers is a 20x30 which is rather large. I've inquired about them adding additional sizes, and they reply it will be done, but nothing has changed is the last 2 years.

Nonetheless, if you're printing standard sizes and can work with CGPro's limitations, and if their metal product is good, because of much lower prices than many competitors, I would go with them.

Let us know who you choose and how the quality was.

Website (external link) |

Merlin_AZ
867 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited 8 months ago by Merlin_AZ.

May 30, 2018 23:37 |  #6

HelenOster wrote in post #18634466 (external link)
Deeply concerned to see this - please email me: Helen@adorama.com with more details and I can promise you it will be taken care of.

LibbyAdoramapix wrote in post #18634498 (external link)
Hi Merlin,

Apologies.

Do you mind if I ask what happened or do you have an order number? We always reprint when notified within 30 days of receiving order.

Would like to resolve this to your satisfaction because that's not how we treat members. You can message me here or contact me directly at libby@adoramapix.com

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Libby
Social Media Manager
AdoramaPix

Hi. Thanks for the reply. It was about 3 years ago (metal print of a senior portrait--that's how I remember when it was done). I was a little surprised after sending an image of the print that they declined to reprint.

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,801 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

May 30, 2018 23:39 |  #7

dano57 wrote in post #18634103 (external link)
SO, I am wanting to try some metal prints but do not have any idea as to who is the best. I'd like to get some opinions as I am sure many of you have already experiences both good and bad. Please let me know your recommendations and as well who I probably need to avoid.

Dan,

I have used Adorama for quite a few metal prints. . Mostly big stuff like 24" by 36", but also a lot of little metals from 8" by 8" up to 16" by 20".

I've never had any problems with Adoramapix metal prints. . Colors are always spot on.

But then again, I always make a note to the lab that says, "PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY COLOR CORRECTION OR ANY ADJUSTMENTS OF ANY KIND". .

If you do not include such a note you run the risk of some automated color correction being done, which can completely screw up your order. . This is true not just of Adorama, but pretty much any lab. . Auto corrections are typically a nightmare no matter what lab you use, so be sure to specifically say, "no corrections".

Adorama is my lab of choice because I believe they offer the greatest value for the money, and also because their customer service and response to customer concerns is excellent in every way. . Plus, they offer a lot of deals and specials so I almost never have to pay regular price. . I recommend getting on their email list so that you can receive notice of deals and specials that will routinely save you anywhere from 15% to 33% on your print orders. . Just remember that it's "Adoramapix", which is different from "Adorama" when it comes to email promotions.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

sjnovakovich
185 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jun 02, 2018 16:29 |  #8

Believe it or not, COSTCO does a great job and they are inexpensive.

Steve Novakovich
www.SteveNovakovich.co​m (external link)

sponsored links

793 views & 0 likes for this thread
Metal Prints, What Labs Do You Prefer
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.