Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 27 Jun 2018 (Wednesday) 02:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Palouse of eastern Washington

jeffreybehr
652 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Apr 2013
Post edited over 4 years ago by jeffreybehr. (6 edits in all)

Jun 27, 2018 02:39 |  #1

I've been there twice and am going June 30 thru July 03, 2018; the weather looks as if it'll be GORGEOUS!

Here's one from 2017, late August, with most of the wheat harvested. That summer, wildfires in the Pacific NW and in western Canada polluted the Washington skies...made them ugly. The 'Olympus OM-D EM-1' first below is really an EM-1 Mk.II.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

One from 2015, from Steptoe Butte, of course, looking south near sunset.

HOSTED PHOTO

This time am going with a Sony 7R3-based system, including a Loxia 21, Canon TS-Es in 24mm (gen.2) and 45mm (gen.1), a Sony 70-200/4, and a walk-about Sony 24-105/4.

PLEASE SHOW US A FEW OF YOURS.

The 40MP X-H2 and 33/1.4 are here, adding to my Fuji 10-24, 16-55/2.8, 16-80/4, and 70-300.. Gitzo GT-3533S Systematic tripod with leveler and Rogeti geared head.

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
17,067 posts
Gallery: 202 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, USA, now in Washington state, USA, road trip back and forth a lot

Jun 27, 2018 05:18 |  #2

jeffreybehr wrote in post #18652164 (external link)
SHOW US A FEW OF YOURS.

Ok ..... here's one from a couple of Aprils ago:

HOSTED PHOTO

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

jeffreybehr
THREAD ­ STARTER
652 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 27, 2018 14:30 as a reply to  @ Tom Reichner's post |  #3

TY Tom, nice barn.

And I like your grammar rules, too. They're quite true and mostly ignored. It's sort of as if no one attended elementary school. ;-)a

Here are a couple from 2015, both in the town of Palouse.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

The 40MP X-H2 and 33/1.4 are here, adding to my Fuji 10-24, 16-55/2.8, 16-80/4, and 70-300.. Gitzo GT-3533S Systematic tripod with leveler and Rogeti geared head.

DavidWatts
Goldmember
2,334 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by DavidWatts.

Jun 28, 2018 00:37 |  #4

Beautiful shots. I'd love to visit that area again after my 2015 workshop (external link). Love that sign photo! We never walked the town of Palouse, which was an odd omission from the workshop. Not enough time I guess.

My Smugmug site (external link)

DavidWatts
Goldmember
2,334 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Apr 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by DavidWatts. (4 edits in all)

Jun 28, 2018 00:47 |  #5

jeffreybehr wrote in post #18652164 (external link)
PLEASE SHOW US A FEW OF YOURS.

Well, if you insist...

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-TQDhbZs/0/c4a90740/X2/i-TQDhbZs-X2.jpg

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-9JbdRzK/0/8d611a61/X2/i-9JbdRzK-X2.jpg

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-swGf2pb/0/7bc0c2ba/X2/i-swGf2pb-X2.jpg

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-D9Qcdrt/0/37b481ea/X2/i-D9Qcdrt-X2.jpg

The 2nd and 4th shots are at the same spot, just looking different directions.

My Smugmug site (external link)

jeffreybehr
THREAD ­ STARTER
652 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Jun 28, 2018 12:00 as a reply to  @ DavidWatts's post |  #6

TY David; nice pics. I especially like numbers 2 and 4.

oregonphesanthunter
32 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 28, 2018 12:06 |  #7

Was up in the Palouse earlier this year and these pictures truly do the area justice - beautiful work!!

sponsored links

2,853 views & 17 likes for this thread
The Palouse of eastern Washington
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.