Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 18 Jul 2007 (Wednesday) 17:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,274 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 05, 2018 21:13 |  #23101

gjl711 wrote in post #18656831 (external link)
Where you at that it's going to be 105? I know you guys up north have been having a heat wave, but I thought it was because it hit 90. :) So funny to see New Yorkers suffering because it's 90.

Ontario

We hit 31C, actual temperature, today. The humidex was 41C+.

The humidity level is so high that the act of sweating is ineffective in cooling the body. Sweat just does not evaporate. All it does is run down into your socks. I spent the whole workday soaking wet. It gets kinda hard to hold tools when your hands are slick with sweat.

But a major storm front moved through this afternoon. The first wave brought heavy rains, but no temperature drop, just a steam bath. The evening storms dropped the temperature. I hear another storm moving in now.

Melody

sponsored links
goalerjones
279 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined May 2018

Jul 05, 2018 21:27 |  #23102

great news to end a hard day without coffee, the 5D Mark 2 that I found out was a scam the day I mailed it off, just came back to me this afternoon after it's month long journey, with many "return to sender" tags attached! I now know not to send anything international if I have unanswered questions, it's too hard to stop the USPS unless it's domestic. Plus my new camera backpack arrived AND my wife got us the most amazing meatball subs from Felicia's Italian restaurant...and it's my Friday...

goalerjones
279 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined May 2018

Jul 06, 2018 19:15 |  #23103

Have my new 24-105mm IS STM lens and already using it. Absolutely love it...

hqqns
I'm pretty sure the TF doesn't make mistakes.
11,068 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 07, 2018 09:00 |  #23104

goalerjones wrote in post #18657598 (external link)
Have my new 24-105mm IS STM lens and already using it. Absolutely love it...

Cool, only a little more time and you could have had your first kill, but alas you fail. Nice try though!

subby

Wife|Son|Daughter|Comp​uters|Cameras|Lenses|A Home|Pans|Spatula|No Frogs

"42"

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,274 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 08, 2018 22:10 |  #23105

Well, I did it again.

Totally shocked a guy that I would actually stop and help him out when I found him broken down on the side of the road.

Was headed home from riding at another conservation area. Saw a Chrysler Town & Country, towing a trailer with a motorcycle on it, sitting on the side of the road with its hood up. So I stopped to see if he needed help. Van had overheated. We put 10L of water in it, but the radiator was cracked near the top. He wanted to try and get the van home, so I offered to tow the trailer to take the load off the van. The guy was amazed that I would do that, but he took me up on the offer. I followed him to his place and parked the trailer.
The guy kept going on about how no one stops to help anymore, they just drive on by.

Melody

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,731 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 08, 2018 22:13 |  #23106

Way to go Mel, pay it forward.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,274 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 08, 2018 22:25 |  #23107

It would be nice if any of the folks I help were to pay it forward.

If I break down on the side of the road, I want someone to stop and check on me. I don't stop for everyone I see, it's just not feasible all the time. But if I see that someone is obviously in trouble, for sure I'm stopping.

Towing a trailer for 20 minutes, going about 10 kms out of my way, really is nothing. But for him, getting his van, trailer, and motorcycle home was a big deal.

Melody

jay125
on the happy gas
10,661 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 09, 2018 10:24 |  #23108

I was going to go back to my last post and reply to every single post with a warm and personal message from the heart.

Too much effort so I will sum it up:

HA! Chet you slay me!!!

Moose did what???

I still get JJ and Ian confused since the name change.

Charles!!!! Subby!!!!! Together, you make Chubby!!!!

Icopus! Yo!!!

Good job Mel! I subscribe to the pay it forward idea. I suppose one never knows if they actually do pay it forward, but I get warm fuzzies in my happy place by doing my part.

It has been a miserably hot summer. And way too much rain, but my lawn looks better green than burned out tan. I have been more ambitious and have taken an insane amount of images. The ambition hasn't carried over to the post process part yet.

[RANT]
I hate my job. I need more interaction with people. I'm a people person, dang it. Staring at a computer screen all day and not really having a conversation with anyone is boring. I'm currently looking for something else. If anyone knows of a reasonably well paying position which allows me to surround myself with people who can do the things I don't want to, and still make me look busy, please forward the info. In all honesty, the money is good, the benefits are great. Those I report to are all very nice people. It's just one of those jobs where common communication just doesn't exist. It is very possible to feel totally alone in a room full of people.[/RANT]

I'm too young to retire and too old to begin again. Pizza delivery looks appealing.

I'm teaching myself to shave with a safety razor, the double edge, not the straight razor. It's the kind my dad used. I'm getting better at it and it makes shaving an adventure, not just a chore.

Hi goalerjones! I love my 24-105. It currently lives on my 1dIV. I don't ever see me selling that lens. If you need tips on kills, I can make myself available.

feedback

gear list

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,731 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 09, 2018 10:40 |  #23109

jay125 wrote in post #18659142 (external link)

I'm too young to retire and too old to begin again. Pizza delivery looks appealing.

I worked as a pizza delivery guy in college. Two pizza delivery stories.
1. I was robbed once, well, sort of. I was carrying a big stack of pizzas to one of the dorms and a guy approached me, pulled a knife and demanded all my money. I told him I have none as I have not yet delivered the pizzas but if he would wait, I'll deliver the pizzas, get the money, then he can rob me. It made sense to him so I went about my business, delivered everything, and on the way out, he demanded I hand over the money. I gave him the money pouch, he opened it and saw nothing but checks. He asked, where the cash was. I told him, this is a college dorm. All students pay by check. He walked away swearing.
2. I was delivering a couple pizzas to one of the sorority houses. The young lady who answered said she couldn't pay but could she have the pizzas anyway, then opened the door all the way and behind here were maybe 15~20 nekid girls inviting me in. I gave then the pizzas.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

jay125
on the happy gas
10,661 posts
Gallery: 98 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 09, 2018 10:54 |  #23110

gjl711 wrote in post #18659151 (external link)
1. I was robbed once, well, sort of. I was carrying a big stack of pizzas to one of the dorms and a guy approached me, pulled a knife and demanded all my money. I told him I have none as I have not yet delivered the pizzas but if he would wait, I'll deliver the pizzas, get the money, then he can rob me. It made sense to him so I went about my business, delivered everything, and on the way out, he demanded I hand over the money. I gave him the money pouch, he opened it and saw nothing but checks. He asked, where the cash was. I told him, this is a college dorm. All students pay by check. He walked away swearing.
2. I was delivering a couple pizzas to one of the sorority houses. The young lady who answered said she couldn't pay but could she have the pizzas anyway, then opened the door all the way and behind here were maybe 15~20 nekid girls inviting me in. I gave then the pizzas.

So, thwarted robbery and nekkid girls. I'm not seeing a downside here....

feedback

gear list

GibJock
Kill killer
9,620 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"
Post edited 7 months ago by GibJock.

Jul 09, 2018 11:09 |  #23111

So some of the far fetched movies I’ve seen could actually have been true? Lucky
JJ :oops:

flickr (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,137 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited 7 months ago by Chet.

Jul 09, 2018 11:26 |  #23112

I was going to go back to my last post and reply to every single post with a warm and personal message from the heart.

Too much effort so I will sum it up:

HA! Chet you slay me!!!

Moose did what???

I still get JJ and Ian confused since the name change.

Charles!!!! Subby!!!!! Together, you make Chubby!!!!

Icopus! Yo!!!

Good job Mel! I subscribe to the pay it forward idea. I suppose one never knows if they actually do pay it forward, but I get warm fuzzies in my happy place by doing my part.

This all seems rather contrived. You best go back and start multi-quoting.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

icopus
v--- finally good for somethin'! 
2,635 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 09, 2018 11:55 |  #23113

... Icopus! Yo!!! ...

... ho, ho, and a bottle of rum for you too!

It's my life and I'll get pissed if I want to.
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar." - E.R. Murrow

icopus
v--- finally good for somethin'! 
2,635 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 09, 2018 11:58 |  #23114

I like these stories A LOT! The second one will have me fantasizing for days! Very much appreciated. :-P

It's my life and I'll get pissed if I want to.
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar." - E.R. Murrow

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,262 posts
Gallery: 485 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Jul 09, 2018 12:22 |  #23115

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/847/43253207402_01b8665dda_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/28U8​ZDd  (external link) Lily 1 (external link) by Trevor H (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/837/42584614854_6d83e57341_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/27T4​hnu  (external link) Lily 2 (external link) by Trevor H (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/837/43253207242_11a771ba06_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/28U8​ZAs  (external link) More Dahlias (external link) by Trevor H (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1763/42584614794_43f264c21f_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/27T4​hms  (external link) Metallic Red (external link) by Trevor H (external link), on Flickr

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

sponsored links

1,658,966 views & 3,104 likes for this thread
Red Ring Tupperware Party, Autumnal Equinoctal Edition (24)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.