Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 23 Jul 2018 (Monday) 00:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Finding "Best of" from member page

RhodyPhotos
735 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 23, 2018 19:36 as a reply to  @ post 18669080 |  #16

And it fails to redirect to the “best-of” for only some of the users and works correctly for others?

CC always welcome.

sponsored links
dixiedawn
195 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 23, 2018 19:39 |  #17

Works fine in Firefox 61.0.1. Also works fine in the old version of IE that is still on my computer, IE 11.09 or something like that LOL

debbie

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
17,112 posts
Gallery: 70 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 23, 2018 19:40 |  #18

RhodyPhotos wrote in post #18669085 (external link)
And it fails to redirect to the “best-of” for only some of the users and works correctly for others?

It redirects properly to all but one user among those I've tried.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
17,112 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 23, 2018 19:41 |  #19

dixiedawn wrote in post #18669086 (external link)
Works fine in Firefox 61.0.1.

That's the version I have.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

RhodyPhotos
735 posts
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 24, 2018 12:41 |  #20

OhLook wrote in post #18669087 (external link)
It redirects properly to all but one user among those I've tried.

Sorry, I am unable to reproduce the issue. I tried accessing the "best-of"s of a bunch of members and it worked every single time. Not really sure what is happening here.

CC always welcome.

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
17,112 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 24, 2018 13:34 |  #21

RhodyPhotos wrote in post #18669653 (external link)
Sorry, I am unable to reproduce the issue.

I appreciate your efforts. The issue now seems too unimportant to pursue. Apparently it affects only me and then rarely. It isn't a problem in the POTN software.

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
17,112 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 24, 2018 18:26 |  #22

Uh-oh, I found another one. At https://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.p​hp?m=421723 the "best of" cup links to the gallery.

Current hypothesis: the link works wrong for me if the photographer specializes in birds.

JWdlft
296 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Jul 25, 2018 05:09 |  #23

OhLook wrote in post #18669917 (external link)
Uh-oh, I found another one. At https://photography-on-the.net/forum/member.p​hp?m=421723 the "best of" cup links to the gallery.

Current hypothesis: the link works wrong for me if the photographer specializes in birds.

Is there a difference between people with 1 best of, and multiple?

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,610 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Jul 25, 2018 08:53 |  #24

OhLook wrote in post #18669917 (external link)

Make sure forum filtering is off when you test the links. If forum filtering is on, and the best of images in gallery are in those filtered out forums, then gallery page redirects to normal gallery when is sees there is nothing to show.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

OhLook
THREAD ­ STARTER
Spiderwoman
17,112 posts
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited 1 month ago by OhLook.

Jul 25, 2018 11:04 |  #25

Pekka wrote in post #18670332 (external link)
Make sure forum filtering is off when you test the links. If forum filtering is on, and the best of images in gallery are in those filtered out forums, then gallery page redirects to normal gallery when is sees there is nothing to show.

That is the answer!

The effect of filtering on best-ofs visibility is explained on the best-ofs page, but if the best-ofs' forums are filtered out, that page is bypassed.

Now it's clear why your (Pekka's) home page has a 7 next to the cup but the best-ofs page shows only 4 photos–until I undo filtering.

RhodyPhotos
735 posts
Joined Jun 2014

Jul 25, 2018 11:11 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #26

Awesome!! And that explains why I will never run into this since I haven't filtered out any of the forums :-)

CC always welcome.

sponsored links

702 views & 5 likes for this thread
Finding "Best of" from member page
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.