Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 08 Jul 2018 (Sunday) 11:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon FF mirrorless announced and shipping by years end

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited 8 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.

Jul 08, 2018 11:22 |  #1

CR3 which CR considers a fact.

http://www.canonrumors​.com …e-mirrorless-in-2018-cr3/ (external link)

Potentially announced at Photokina in about 3 months.

Rumor is that there are two in development, one flagship and one lesser body. I'm going to guess (and hope) the first one will be the flagship.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

sponsored links
Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
4,131 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 08, 2018 11:34 |  #2

No more MFA ?

My flickr albums (external link)
My Best Aviation Photos (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 09, 2018 06:27 |  #3

Should be a thing of the past.

Mount, focusing speed, and eye focus are the big questions.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,581 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002
Post edited 8 months ago by TeamSpeed. (5 edits in all)

Jul 09, 2018 06:31 as a reply to  @ Perfectly Frank's post |  #4

MFA only exists to compensate differences in light travel distance past a mirror to a separate AF system versus light travel when the mirror raises and the sensor records what it sees. If the imaging sensor is the AF system, then no need for MFA.

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 14, 2018 12:01 |  #5

http://www.canonrumors​.com …s-the-eos-5d-mark-iv-cr2/ (external link)

All new sensor. Announcement in two months/2nd week of sept.

CR2

patrick ­ j
Goldmember
1,246 posts
Gallery: 29 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 14, 2018 12:39 |  #6

Does anyone know or has it been mentioned somewhere if a FF mirrorless will take L lenses, or is a new batch of lenses on the way along with the camera?

Flickr (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
35,581 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

Jul 14, 2018 13:03 |  #7

patrick j wrote in post #18662607 (external link)
Does anyone know or has it been mentioned somewhere if a FF mirrorless will take L lenses, or is a new batch of lenses on the way along with the camera?

Considering Canon hasn't officially announced a mirrorless camera, we don't know. We can only read speculative material at this point.

http://www.canonrumors​.com …frame-mirorrless-cameras/ (external link)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 14, 2018 13:09 |  #8

patrick j wrote in post #18662607 (external link)

Best bet/guess right now is that both will be true.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 16, 2018 07:50 |  #9

CR:

"The elephant in the room is when are these cameras coming? We were told by a good source that we’d see an announcement in 2018 and even gave it a [CR3] rating. A couple of other sources I’d consider better have both cautioned me that they don’t think an official announcement for a full frame mirrorless camera coming in 2018 at the time of writing this. Which would be bad news to say the least."

Read more: http://www.canonrumors​.com …rumor-mill/#ixzz5LQBEsbyP (external link)

He goes on to say maybe September is just a development announcement.

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,244 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 17, 2018 00:24 |  #10

So is this supposed to be a tiny camera with a tiny battery that doesn't balance FF lenses well, or a mirrorless version of a 6D/5D?

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jul 19, 2018 20:09 as a reply to  @ mike_d's post |  #11

I'm not really sure that that is all supposed to mean? Why tiny body? Smaller than the current Canon bricks. I hope. But it doesn't mean "tiny". And I currently shoot L glass on my a7 rIII - no balance issues, no battery issues ( did a 900 frame time lapse last week and had a 1/4 batter left ) .... and yes, it has EVF that gives me realtime feedback on exposure.

So yes, I would love to have a Canon that does what the Sony does where I don't have to use Metabones adapted lenses. I have a 6,000 canon that is a paper weight now ( a heavy one at that ).... using a 3,000 Sony that is more useful in every aspect. I have 25 years worth of L glass I don't want to give up.... so absolutely.... I would sell my Canon paper weight if they gave me a decent option.

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,244 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 21, 2018 12:07 |  #12

Croasdail wrote in post #18666310 (external link)
I'm not really sure that that is all supposed to mean? Why tiny body? Smaller than the current Canon bricks. I hope. But it doesn't mean "tiny". And I currently shoot L glass on my a7 rIII - no balance issues, no battery issues ( did a 900 frame time lapse last week and had a 1/4 batter left ) .... and yes, it has EVF that gives me realtime feedback on exposure.

So yes, I would love to have a Canon that does what the Sony does where I don't have to use Metabones adapted lenses. I have a 6,000 canon that is a paper weight now ( a heavy one at that ).... using a 3,000 Sony that is more useful in every aspect. I have 25 years worth of L glass I don't want to give up.... so absolutely.... I would sell my Canon paper weight if they gave me a decent option.

How much screen-on time did that 900 shot time lapse involve?

mcoren
624 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2015

Aug 05, 2018 14:38 |  #13

If a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Compact is called a MILC, I hope Canon doesn't call this a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Full-frame.

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EOS M5, and EOS 100 (film SLR)
A bunch of Canon lenses and a couple of Sigmas
A backpack, a bicycle, and a pair of hiking boots

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
THREAD ­ STARTER
That's my line!
9,326 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Aug 05, 2018 14:46 |  #14

mcoren wrote in post #18677950 (external link)
I hope Canon doesn't call this a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Full-frame.

You misspelled will.

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,244 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 05, 2018 15:13 |  #15

mcoren wrote in post #18677950 (external link)
If a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Compact is called a MILC, I hope Canon doesn't call this a Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Full-frame.

Mike

Better have safe search on when looking for cameras.

sponsored links

3,104 views & 8 likes for this thread
Canon FF mirrorless announced and shipping by years end
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.