Looks like RF mount has great potential. To me, this looks like mirrorless 5div. Except AF seems not as good for tracking action. But I am now seriously considering swapping my whole 5div setup. The only major letdown is that it has the same 1.7 crop in 4k which I am already used to anyway.
The advantages over 5div are significant:
- smaller size/weight
- Better DPAF
- fully articulating screen
- Drop-in variable ND filter with EF lenses - convenient solution for video.
- Compressed 4k codec option
- RF 35mm f1.8 lens seems to be better than 35mm f2 IS, optically, size/weight and for video (stm)
- silent shutter
- Eye detect, smaller AF points (vs 5div live view)
- probably better bettery life than 5div in LV ( my most used mode)
- overall seems like a better choice for portrature/studio
Not interested in RF lenses, I like extra functionality of EF lenses with R body.
The list is longer when comparing the 5D4 to the cheaper A7III