Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 11 Apr 2018 (Wednesday) 20:12
Search threadPrev/next

Instagram Shadowbans! - Driving me crazy!

SereneSpeed
908 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 11, 2018 20:12 |  #1

Either all my hashtags work, or none - depending on the day.

If I post and click a hashtag I can see if I'm showing up in the recent posts or not. If one hashtag is not working, none will work for that post. I can delete that post and repost it with new hashtags, or post another photo entirely, but once I've been 'shadowbanned', that's it... done for the day/week/month...

I don't think I am breaking any rules. I also seem to be tame compared to a few of the accounts I follow who are not having this issue.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

https://www.danbcreati​ve.com (external link) - Commercial Work

Jethr0
Goldmember
1,049 posts
Gallery: 91 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 12, 2018 05:08 |  #2

If you want to know for sure that you’ve been shadowbanned search for the account you suspect from a different account. If you don’t show up in the search from another user account you’ve got your answer.

Too many posts, likes, comments, relationship changes, etc can do it. If you behave like a bot basically.
Also reusing the same (same set) of hashtags will do it too. I think you have a greater chance of this happening if you’re a business account as well.

I looked up a couple of your accounts by name and they show up, so they’re not banned currently.

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

SereneSpeed
THREAD ­ STARTER
908 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 12, 2018 21:54 |  #3

Thanks Jethr0. I did not think I was behaving like a bot. I don't have any apps linked to my account and I comment a lot and like posts far less often than the 150/hour cap that Instagram has publicly set. But, it's an algorithm, so who knows. I guess I'll tone back my usage.

It is mainly my @unabashed_beauty account. Admittedly, that account has material that is a lot closer to 'breaking the rules' than my other accounts. But, I believe I am well within the community guidelines will all of my posts.

My accounts do not seem to be shadowbanned. But individual post are completely shadowbanned. My latest post did not show up under any of the hashtags. My third last post was the same. My second last post was fine and had full reach. It happens instantly, so I don't think it is the post getting reported. This was the main way I found non-word-of-mouth clients, so this is quite frustrating.

Jethr0
Goldmember
1,049 posts
Gallery: 91 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Apr 13, 2018 04:50 |  #4

do the shadowbanned posts show up after a period of time?

www.jefflowe.ca (external link)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jeff​lowe.ca (external link)

SereneSpeed
THREAD ­ STARTER
908 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Apr 13, 2018 07:34 as a reply to  @ Jethr0's post |  #5

No, not yet at least. This started about three weeks ago. I think. Maybe longer and I didn’t notice.

shortsleeves
80 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 10, 2018 12:07 |  #6

sorry for the late reply, but a lot of times this happen you could have a person or people who are flagging your post for whatever reason and you are basically on a blacklist. Happens a lot especially if your account is unlocked and you post pg-13 ish post. Some like to flag for fun unfortunately.. I locked down my instagram due to this and mostly family and friends. Facebook took the fun out of it.

I have been here for a while now, i don't lurk i just don't post alot. I have 2eyes 2ears and 1 mouth. My eyes and ears outweigh my mouth in life. Its just me... **C&C is ALWAYS welcome. I come here to lurk to learn. I appreciate it**

1,672 views & 0 likes for this thread
Instagram Shadowbans! - Driving me crazy!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.