Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 05 Sep 2018 (Wednesday) 02:31
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "How's the new EOS-R stack up for you?"
It's Amazing!
26.5%
It's kind of a let down
33.8%
It's trash
8.5%
It's good for the price
23.5%
It helped me pick a new body
7.7%

189 voters, 260 votes given (3 choices choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS-R - It's out. Thoughts?

this thread is locked
Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
15,561 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Sep 15, 2018 08:02 |  #931

Talley wrote in post #18708369 (external link)
In regards to the future of canon ecosystem one has to question this:

In 10 years
Where will the EF-M mount camera/lenses be?
Where will the EF mount camera/lenses be?
Where will the RF mount camera/lenses be?

In 20 years?

Canon hasn't pulled off a major switch on lens mount since the move to electronic killing the FD mount. To me Canon has some tough decisions to make. I think the EF-M is dead yet they released a new lens for it. I don't think it's business smart to carry 3 systems. Something will have to give. RF is without a doubt Canon's future. EF-M will die first. When will EF die? Perhaps another 20 years but you KNOW when Canon does release a top end RF camera they will start to slowly transition to that RF mount as the primary system and the EF will be considered legacy. I think we'll see another 3 cycles on cameras in the EF format (~10-12 years) only to give Canon time to build the RF mount into a full system. Canon doesn't want to be like Sony (think A-mount) and will try to make seemless transition this go round to help support it's customer base longer without making anyone feel it's obsolete. I bet you anything Canon will support the EF-M mount a tad longer BUT cripple it's lineup to MAKE people WANT to upgrade (Thus allowing the customers kill the system off itself). <---this totally sounds like Canon (crippling lineups for preservation of top end/future products)

It's coming...

They seem like they can commit to all three, why not?

Aps-c as low end mirrorless, will remain this way. Works for them. Upgrade path isn't friendly but that's ok, it's about building loyalty. A user with Canon familiarity will likely stay Canon.

EOS R is a tough call. Will they eat themselves? The A7 IV will be 15fps monster in a few years, and A9 30fps.. Nikon is on the cusp of 10 fPS.

If current shooting speeds weren't enough to entice DSLR users, these will. So will the EOS R mkii be competitive? If even halfway, they would have to step on DSLR toes. I'm thinking the 6d is dead right now and end of life.

5D has 2 revisions left. 1Dx may continue indefinitely as a niche product. These bodies will remain for wildlife lenses.

It should be noted that Nikon and Canon only released long lenses for their DSLR mounts.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - CV 21/3.5 - FE 35/2.8 - SY 35/1.4 AF - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

sponsored links
JeffreyG
"my bits and pieces are all hard"
15,476 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 15, 2018 08:13 |  #932

Talley wrote in post #18708200 (external link)
Artsf,

After shooting the a7r3 for 7 months I find I’ve adapted to the ergonomics well. I shoot my 200/2 adapted to it. Hardly anything else comes close to that screwed up of a setup. I also surely would not replace my features for the ergonomics either.

I find with the smaller primes (2/28, 1.8/55, and 1.8/85) the A7r3 handling and ergonomics are nice. With a bigger 24-105 or adapted Canon lenses it's a little off, but then I'm mostly gripping the lens with any such combination anyway.

I found the Sony interface difficult at first, but within a few months it has become quite natural. I wonder how much of the 'terrible ergonomics' complaints are often just unfamiliarity. I mean....as a long time Canon shooter I found Nikon to just as difficult to operation on a first meeting.

At the end of the day, I think these little touches actually don't count for all that much. A nice button here, a bad menu choice there. All manufacturers have these quirks. People who like Canon and see what they want in the RF system will get it and probably like it.

The main thing I'm not seeing in RF (yet....we will see) that I did see and was tempted into from Sony, was an effort to offer a system that at least can be small and light. The Sony A7r3 with the above mentioned primes is quite small. The EOS R is bigger, and more importantly, the initial RF lens offerings signal a direction that is more "no compromise optics" (a la Sigma ART) than "a bit slower, a bit of distortion, but small" (a la Sony).

But who knows? If Sony had launched with nothing but the GM lenses then it wouldn't look like a small system either.

My personal stuff:http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jngirbach/sets/ (external link)
I use a Canon 5DIII and a Sony A7rIII

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,523 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 15, 2018 08:13 |  #933

artsf wrote in post #18708237 (external link)
One has to wonder what are non-fans of L glass (best lenses in the world) doing on Canon forum? I’d argue that Canon’s strongest position is its insane EF lens catalogue unmatched by anyone: not just variety and optical rendering but the built quality, af motors, ois design, support, etc.
Mirrorless and small is possible if you are willing to compromise on sensor size or lens properties. I personally prefer larger camera with small lenses. The palm needs to wrap around the grip for proper ergonomics with large lenses. I’ve used A7rii with 85GM and 24-70GM for quite sometime, never again. EF85IS and EF 24-70ii are just so much nicer and much better value. I have never met a loyal Sony customer

Bingo for me

I need a body that feels great in my hands. Your example of the 5D4 and the 35mmF/2 is perfect. I found new use with my 50L on the 5D4 and the 24-70 lives on the 5D4. Thank you for contributing that post. Very very helpful information.

Im in no rush

And I am with others

Dual cards are go home

You did not want to get into AF but that is my first demand of any camera

Did you get a chance to slap on an adapter and some L lens to see how performance was ?

What did you not like about the AF ?

Thanks again for your post

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,523 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 15, 2018 08:17 |  #934

In 10 years

In 20 years?

Canon hasn't pulled off a major switch on lens mount since the move to electronic killing the FD mount. To me Canon has some tough decisions to make. I think the EF-M is dead yet they released a new lens for it. I don't think it's business smart to carry 3 systems. Something will have to give. RF is without a doubt Canon's future. EF-M will die first. When will EF die? Perhaps another 20 years but you KNOW when Canon does release a top end RF camera they will start to slowly transition to that RF mount as the primary system and the EF will be considered legacy. I think we'll see another 3 cycles on cameras in the EF format (~10-12 years) only to give Canon time to build the RF mount into a full system. Canon doesn't want to be like Sony (think A-mount) and will try to make seemless transition this go round to help support it's customer base longer without making anyone feel it's obsolete. I bet you anything Canon will support the EF-M mount a tad longer BUT cripple it's lineup to MAKE people WANT to upgrade (Thus allowing the customers kill the system off itself). <---this totally sounds like Canon (crippling lineups for preservation of top end/future products)

It's coming...

Pfffffft- I will probably be dead in 20 yrs :p:cry:

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

artsf
373 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2015
Post edited 6 months ago by artsf. (2 edits in all)

Sep 15, 2018 09:06 |  #935

umphotography wrote in post #18708393 (external link)
Bingo for me

I need a body that feels great in my hands. Your example of the 5D4 and the 35mmF/2 is perfect. I found new use with my 50L on the 5D4 and the 24-70 lives on the 5D4. Thank you for contributing that post. Very very helpful information.

Im in no rush

And I am with others

Dual cards are go home

You did not want to get into AF but that is my first demand of any camera

Did you get a chance to slap on an adapter and some L lens to see how performance was ?

What did you not like about the AF ?

Thanks again for your post

Yes, I mounted my ef 85IS using control ring adapter. I don’t think there is a difference in af between rf and ef lenses. But both single shot and servo af just didn’t seem nearly as instantenous as 5div. This is something I noticed right away but to test properly I’d need to spend more time with it. It seemed very similar to M50 in performance. Once available, I’ll loan EOS R from CPS. Those were my first impressions (I was not impressed). But first impressions are often wrong.

JeffreyG
15,476 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 15, 2018 09:58 |  #936

artsf wrote in post #18708425 (external link)
Yes, I mounted my ef 85IS using control ring adapter. I don’t think there is a difference in af between rf and ef lenses. But both single shot and servo af just didn’t seem nearly as instantenous as 5div. This is something I noticed right away but to test properly I’d need to spend more time with it. It seemed very similar to M50 in performance. Once available, I’ll loan EOS R from CPS. Those were my first impressions (I was not impressed). But first impressions are often wrong.

Huh. I shot my 5D3 and A7r3 side by side at the last couple swim meets. They are pretty much comparable in hit rate and speed when you run them side by side, both with native lenses (note.....I don't have anything fast for the Sony longer than 85mm, so I was using that and then a 70-200 on the Canon).

What I'm saying is, slower AF speed is not a specific performance trait of MILCs, even for bodies lesser than the A9. So if the EOS R is a bit slow, that's a specific design trait of the body, not the technology.

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,523 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Post edited 6 months ago by umphotography. (2 edits in all)

Sep 15, 2018 10:13 |  #937

JeffreyG wrote in post #18708457 (external link)
Huh. I shot my 5D3 and A7r3 side by side at the last couple swim meets. They are pretty much comparable in hit rate and speed when you run them side by side, both with native lenses (note.....I don't have anything fast for the Sony longer than 85mm, so I was using that and then a 70-200 on the Canon).

What I'm saying is, slower AF speed is not a specific performance trait of MILCs, even for bodies lesser than the A9. So if the EOS R is a bit slow, that's a specific design trait of the body, not the technology.

You are shooting on Native glass. Big Big reason for the performance on the Sony

native glass is not a problem- well it is really. You are forced to use 2 different sets of lens on 2 different camera bodies and menu systems- Not ideal for an event shooter

As I keep trying to tell everyone- And my point seems to be missed, The issue for everyone is will performance be the same with the conversion adapters or is it going to be sluggish and not as responsive when converting the L lens onto the R mount systems

So far, 2 peoples initial reactions suggest its going to be sluggish, not as responsive and they prefer the 5D4's over the initial testing with the EoS-Rs. I have read it twice now and seen it in initial test videos

And No One knows for sure how its going to perform in Low ambient light with adapters. But if its anything like the Sony's and adapter use, there will be lots of flack coming from seasoned canon shooters......especial​ly wedding and event photographers

If you a wedding or event photographer you demand 4 things. Great ISO performance, great AF performance in very low ambient light conditions (-3 EV Minimum), great servo performance in low light...............AN​D DUAL CARDS.........Not sure what canon possibly thinks when they say wedding photographers will love this camera. It does not come close to meeting minimum demands for the majority of the market for minimum standards for wedding photography

Mike
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,021 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Feb 2008
Post edited 6 months ago by AlanU.

Sep 15, 2018 10:26 |  #938

We must look at mirrorless as a different flavour. Seems many years ago the idea of mirrorless was for smaller form factor. This was due to the smaller micro 4/3 sensor that did not require a large image circle. APS-C crept in the excitement and then the Fuji, Sony A6000 evolved and Canon and Nikon jumped in the crop sensor mirrorless. Smallish because of smaller image circle of aps-c too.

Sept 2018 I think we must throw away the idea of small form factor with the new generation Full frame sensors. However Sony is mature so they have 2 alternatives of having the versatility of smaller slower/consumer grade glass and the option of using Sigma ART or GMaster glass that is comparable to full size Nikon/Canon systems.

I'm a younger photog so I never experienced the film to digital transition and all of the negativity towards digital. Mind you the internet wasn't even around.

For the sake of pure specs the EOS-R failed be excluding what Sony is offering. As we all know as fact is that Sony is the Benchmark and Canon and Nikon is just wanting a piece of the $$$ PIE. Nikon and Canon understands that they've been riding on the coat tails of Mirror body lovers. Issue is that Mirrored body users are starting get infected with mirrorless "excitement" LOL!!!!

EOS-R just missed the mark for demanding users but IMO mirrorless EOS R has enticed people for the mid level specs that are commonly found in consumer/prosumer bodies.

IMO the dual cards being excluded just created a massive rift between extremely demanding users wanting redundancy. Epic fail for a $3000 (CND) camera. Canon missed reaching into my wallet! I wanted a potent EOS-R badly but they even excluded IBIS which exist in their competitors lineup.

Sure I'll eventually buy an EOS-R but removing myself from reading or watching reviews....bottom line is the deliberate exclusion of dual cards in Sept 2018 for somewhat expensive camera was simply a deal killer. If the EOS-R was the same price as a 6dmk2 this would even barely justify common dual card features these days.

IBIS for still photography is also a no brainer but again Canon deliberately excluded such features. Obvious the Canon bean counters strategy is very apparent for introducing stabilization for the next revision/model and maybe dual cards.

People can defend or decline buying the EOS-R. Until the EOS-R matures I'll happily use Sony with adapter with Canon glass and meet my demands by purchasing some GMaster glass.

mañana is here and what does Canon produce? Yesterday's spec of single card bodies that is trying to appeal to modern day photographers wanting file redundancy. Maybe Canon forgot they produced a 5dmk3 or even 1dmk3 with dual cards years ago.

I love canon but this was a distasteful deliberate Joke.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 50-140 | TT685
Sony A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS

JeffreyG
15,476 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 15, 2018 10:52 |  #939

umphotography wrote in post #18708468 (external link)
As I keep trying to tell everyone- And my point seems to be missed, The issue for everyone is will performance be the same with the conversion adapters or is it going to be sluggish and not as responsive when converting the L lens onto the R mount systems

So far, 2 peoples initial reactions suggest its going to be sluggish, not as responsive and they prefer the 5D4's over the initial testing with the EoS-Rs. I have read it twice now and seen it in in initial test videos

Actually, many times in this thread people have suggested that there is a big difference between adapted 3rd party and adapted OEM. With third party, the adapter has to effectively act as a translator between the two systems. That's difficult. All EOS lenses effectively speak the same language. I can't think of a reason an EF lens is going to perform differently just because there is a Canon adapter in there.

If EF lenses perform poorly on the EOS R, it is likely because the PDAF system isn't playing well with the rotary USM motors. The adapter itself is really just a mechanical spacer with pass through electronics. It's the same as a macro spacer tube, really.

mcoren
624 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2015
Post edited 6 months ago by mcoren.

Sep 15, 2018 12:02 |  #940

AlanU wrote in post #18708476 (external link)
I'm a younger photog so I never experienced the film to digital transition and all of the negativity towards digital. Mind you the internet wasn't even around.

Au contraire, it sure was. Even before mosaic, gopher, and the "world wide web" as we think of it today, there was usenet and the rec.photo group. I didn't see too much on EF vs. FD by the time I got connected (most of what I witnessed on that was in the editorial and letters pages of magazines--same arguments you're reading in this thread, including people threatening to dump their Canon gear for Nikon because Nikon's MF lenses could still be used on their AF mount). I can tell you that in the early 1990s there were regular online flame wars between Nikon and Canon enthusiasts as to which one was "better."

The Internet as we know it today was just hitting its stride as the film-to-digital transition was hitting the mass market in the early 2000s.

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EOS M5, and EOS 100 (film SLR)
A bunch of Canon lenses and a couple of Sigmas
A backpack, a bicycle, and a pair of hiking boots

mcoren
624 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Mar 2015
Post edited 6 months ago by mcoren.

Sep 15, 2018 12:14 |  #941

In 10 years

In 20 years?

It's coming...

I think we're already seeing this delineation. Canon hasn't released many new non-L full-frame lenses in the past few years. Most of their full frame releases have been L, and the non-L releases have overwhelmingly been EF-S.

I imagine that eventually Canon will migrate most of the full frame EF lenses to RF, and then the RF bodies will be the pro and high-end amateur ("prosumer" in marketing-speak) products. Once that happens, the EF mount may only still be around in the form of EF-S.

The future of EF-M really depends on if there is still a market for low-end MILCs in the future. The smart phone makers are investing heavily in both hardware (sensors and lenses) and software to continually improve the results that a smart phone camera can produce. These aren't just secondary functions; new high-end phones are marketed and sold on the capabilities of their cameras. Will the EF-M space go away completely? Who knows.

This isn't a sinister plot by Canon to make everybody's current gear obsolete. This is technology moving forward. When was the last time you used a rotary phone?

If Canon had kept the EF mount on its full frame mirrorless bodies, it would be at a major disadvantage in the future in its ability to produce the shorter focal length and wider aperture lenses that everybody seems to want so badly.

Mike

Canon EOS 7D Mark II, EOS M5, and EOS 100 (film SLR)
A bunch of Canon lenses and a couple of Sigmas
A backpack, a bicycle, and a pair of hiking boots

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,902 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 15, 2018 12:36 |  #942

AlanU wrote in post #18708227 (external link)
All this talk and no one ever mentions the photographer's preference in colour science or how the system renders.

I don't understand how you can think that.

I have read dozens upon dozens upon dozens of posts right here on POTN about the difference in color science and rendering between the various mirrorless systems, as well as comparisons between the rendering and colors of the mirrorless systems vs. those of Canon's DSLRs.

I think that it isn't right to make big broad blanket statements like the one you made without first doing your homework to ensure that what you are about to say is really true.

When a whole bunch of people on this very forum have discussed their color science and rendering preferences at length and in great detail, it seems really odd to read your post saying that no one is mentioning these things.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,893 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Sep 15, 2018 13:21 |  #943

In 10 years

In 20 years?

It's coming...

I think it would be a mistake to drag out the switch to the RF mount across the board.

As I said earlier, I was one of the people with a big FD mount investment, and I was angry with Canon for a decade when they dropped it.

But now, I think it's the best way to handle such things. As far as I'm concerned, the RF adapter is all they should do for the sake of EF mount owners (and a lot more than we had for the FD mount).

I think they'd do best by getting out their pro-model RF mount bodies and not releasing anything else, either lenses or bodies, in EF mount. They really shouldn't have released that last update of the 70-200 zoom.

I think the fact that they've released some new and unique high-end lens designs in RF mount indicates that they've moved their top designers to that line. They won't keep the heads of their top designers in the EF shop.

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
7,021 posts
Gallery: 69 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 15, 2018 13:29 |  #944

Tom Reichner wrote in post #18708540 (external link)
I don't understand how you can think that.

I have read dozens upon dozens upon dozens of posts right here on POTN about the difference in color science and rendering between the various mirrorless systems, as well as comparisons between the rendering and colors of the mirrorless systems vs. those of Canon's DSLRs.

I think that it isn't right to make big broad blanket statements like the one you made without first doing your homework to ensure that what you are about to say is really true.

When a whole bunch of people on this very forum have discussed their color science and rendering preferences at length and in great detail, it seems really odd to read your post saying that no one is mentioning these things.

I'm a Canon/Sony/Fuji shooter. I see the discussion of colour science in Sony.

I seldom read Canon users discussing the difference in how the images in wildlife and landscape/cityscape look different vs other brands. Sony renders real to life images both in small and large apertures that has a much different look than Canon or Fuji.

Very apparent when looking at the Sony forum in how the system renders images compared to Canon.

It's a matter of how you post process. The way my 5dmk4 reacts in LR is different to Sony and Fuji. Shadow slider reacts differently between the 3 different RAW files I edit.

"I can think that" because I do notice a big variance between 3 different RAW files I deal with my gear. Many here just deal with 1 system with predetermined colour science the "brand" they shoot. Kind of like "it is what it is..."

I could have rephrased and left out colour science. How a brand renders our subjects can be quite different shooting the identical scenery.

What does this have to do with EOS-R???? It'll be Canon render. My 5dmk2 virtually had identical looking images as my 5dmk3. The 5dmk4 on the other hand has more micro contrast and is visually different than the older models. Infact I find the sharpness of the 5dmk4 improved using identical lenses I've used with my 5d2/3.

Sony with adapted Canon glass. Just a quick snap render of how the image looks sharp, contrasty, not far from what we see with our unedited eyes.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Here's my Fuji with 55-200. Very bright sunny day and no way did this look like this with my unedited eyes. I'd have to try real hard to make Sony achieve a canvas/painterly look. It has an art like component that looks fantastic on print. My point is different "render" that I seldom ever hear on the Sony forum.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 50-140 | TT685
Sony A7iii w/ Sigma MC-11 adapter | GM16-35 f/2.8 | Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 | GM70-200 f/2.8 |Sigma Art 24 f/1.4 | Godox V860iiS

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,893 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004
Post edited 6 months ago by RDKirk.

Sep 15, 2018 13:35 |  #945

mcoren wrote in post #18708524 (external link)
Au contraire, it sure was. Even before mosaic, gopher, and the "world wide web" as we think of it today, there was usenet and the rec.photo group. I didn't see too much on EF vs. FD by the time I got connected (most of what I witnessed on that was in the editorial and letters pages of magazines--same arguments you're reading in this thread, including people threatening to dump their Canon gear for Nikon because Nikon's MF lenses could still be used on their AF mount). I can tell you that in the early 1990s there were regular online flame wars between Nikon and Canon enthusiasts as to which one was "better."

The Internet as we know it today was just hitting its stride as the film-to-digital transition was hitting the mass market in the early 2000s.

Mike

I was on bulletin boards and newsgroups by 86 or so. The issue then was not just that Canon had done the Big Bang switch to autofocusing--remember that autofocusing itself was still in debate. A lot of Canon old-timers like me were hanging on to FD because we weren't really ready to jump on the autofocusing wagon yet (and autofocusing wasn't really that good yet, either, even though Minolta had been doing it for about three years by then).

By the time autofocusing really looked appealing, we were ready to upgrade anyway. So like many, I also took a fresh look at the field. What did I see?

Minolta had a head start on autofocusing, but they weren't serious about entering the professional arena.

Pentax...had some nice stuff, but they weren't in the professional arena either.

Nikon...their efforts to continue using the F mount resulted in a hodge-podge of lens and body generations all under manufacture at the same time so that you needed a scorecard to figure out which bodies operated to what extent on which lenses.

Canon had started late and had dumped all its previous customers...but, doggone it, the EF mount was gloriously superior to everything else. And it's still in the running. Notice that Canon didn't really have to change the dimensions of the mount itself to accommodate a mirrorless body design.

sponsored links

115,735 views & 1,660 likes for this thread
EOS-R - It's out. Thoughts?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.