Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 31 Aug 2018 (Friday) 09:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EOS R

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
10,453 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 05, 2018 19:56 |  #91

mystik610 wrote in post #18698969 (external link)
Uh Canon already does this.

The 1DXII is a 20.2 MP camera that costs $5,500. It was released in Feb 2016. In August of 2016 Canon released the 5D MKIV...a 30mp body that shares a lot with the 1dXII including the same AF system, but costs $3,800.

Are 1DXII users insulted by this? No because while the 1DXII and 5DIV have a lot of similarities, the 1DXII excels in areas very specific to pro sports and wildlife photography, and there are people that are willing to pay for those capabilities.

Same deal with the a9 and a7III.

Hey Hey

you forgot wedding photographers who demand and use the 1Dx2  :p

It has the best AF on the market. I got the camera at release and have captured about 60+ weddings with it. I have yet to miss a processional shot. Its a bulletproof camera for wedding photographers and the file size is perfect

OK now i feel better

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
Ah-keong
927 posts
Gallery: 68 photos
Joined Apr 2016

Sep 06, 2018 03:51 |  #92

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #18698909 (external link)
Yeah, I laugh like hell at all the rubes buying the 1D X over the 5DIV.

If the 5D IV can perform same as the level of the 1Dx at high ISO under low light performance. But there is still a difference
However, the 1Dx series is designed for low light and fast AF and believe the compromise is lower resolution.

For me, ~20mp is sufficient but I would prefer the low light performance at high ISO with good AF.
Another personal preference is the red squares AF of the 1Dx mark II. Hope the '7D mark III' comes with red squares!~  :p

Canon 7D2+grip | 18-35mm ART | EF-S 10-18mm | EF 70-200mm f/2,8L IS II | ZE 2/100mm | ZE 2/35mm | ZE 1,4/85mm | CV 3,5/20mm |
Olympus E-PL3 | 7-14mm f/2,8 |
Speedlite 430EX III-RT | 600EX-RT | YN 600EX-RT |
Manfrotto BeFree Travel Tripod |

Ah-keong
927 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Sep 06, 2018 03:53 |  #93

umphotography wrote in post #18701334 (external link)
Hey Hey

you forgot wedding photographers who demand and use the 1Dx2  :p

It has the best AF on the market. I got the camera at release and have captured about 60+ weddings with it. I have yet to miss a processional shot. Its a bulletproof camera for wedding photographers and the file size is perfect

OK now i feel better

Arrgh! Please stop!! I am still saving up for the 1Dx mark II.... Oh piggy bank, please grow faster!!!  :p

Canon 7D2+grip | 18-35mm ART | EF-S 10-18mm | EF 70-200mm f/2,8L IS II | ZE 2/100mm | ZE 2/35mm | ZE 1,4/85mm | CV 3,5/20mm |

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
9,239 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 06, 2018 07:56 |  #94

Ah-keong wrote in post #18701522 (external link)
If the 5D IV can perform same as the level of the 1Dx at high ISO under low light performance. But there is still a difference
However, the 1Dx series is designed for low light and fast AF and believe the compromise is lower resolution.

For me, ~20mp is sufficient but I would prefer the low light performance at high ISO with good AF.
Another personal preference is the red squares AF of the 1Dx mark II. Hope the '7D mark III' comes with red squares!~  :p

my post was meant to be sarcastic, i probably should have not said a thing.

I 100 percent understand why the 1D series have the features they have. :D

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

simonhogben
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Sep 2018
Post edited 5 months ago by simonhogben.

Sep 06, 2018 08:09 |  #95

This isn't their pro body - but as a Canon user I think it does look good. Makes me wonder what they will come out with when they launch a 5D equivalent. I have been wondering whether it could be a good time to jump to Sony because the A7Riii looks so good and is dual card and around the same price as the Canon EOS R now. I like Canon (and have a lot of lenses/kit) so will probably wait to see what they bring out as a pro camera and then decide.

Simon Hogben | Canon 5D Mark IV | my photography website (external link)

texshooter
629 posts
Joined Jun 2009
Post edited 5 months ago by texshooter.

Sep 14, 2018 22:06 as a reply to  @ simonhogben's post |  #96

It all makes sense now why Canon had dragged their feet for so long with updating their EF lenses. They had been planning to dump the EF line all along and replace it with their new RF line. Just like they replaced FD with EF. In a few years nobody will be shooting with DSLRs and your small fortune of EF lenses will be worth zilch. Here I was waiting with bated breath for Canon to update the illustrious 135mm f2 EF. Maybe I should hold out for the second generation EOS R camera and its companion 135mm RF lens, instead.

gossamer88
"something else"
1,035 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Aug 2014

Sep 16, 2018 21:58 |  #97

texshooter wrote in post #18708190 (external link)
It all makes sense now why Canon had dragged their feet for so long with updating their EF lenses. They had been planning to dump the EF line all along and replace it with their new RF line. Just like they replaced FD with EF. In a few years nobody will be shooting with DSLRs and your small fortune of EF lenses will be worth zilch. Here I was waiting with bated breath for Canon to update the illustrious 135mm f2 EF. Maybe I should hold out for the second generation EOS R camera and its companion 135mm RF lens, instead.

They just updated both 70-200 IS as well as 400 2.8 and 600 f4. So I would not say they're dragging their feet. Not to mention they have adapters for RF mounts.

Canon 5D Mark IV | Tamron 24-70mm G2 | Tamron 70-200mm G2 | 85mm 1.8 | 50mm STM | 35mm f/2 IS | Powershot G9 X | iPhone 7
flickr (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
12,768 posts
Gallery: 142 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited 5 months ago by Tom Reichner.

Sep 16, 2018 22:20 |  #98

texshooter wrote in post #18708190 (external link)
They had been planning to dump the EF line all along and replace it with their new RF line.

Where did you read/hear that?

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Ah-keong
927 posts
Joined Apr 2016

Sep 17, 2018 01:45 |  #99

think Canon gonna split the product into two lines for EF-M and ER mount....  :p

sponsored links

6,618 views & 44 likes for this thread
Canon EOS R
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.