Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
Thread started 05 Aug 2018 (Sunday) 07:16
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

shutter/focus delay a6300

Merlin_AZ
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Aug 05, 2018 07:16 |  #1

Hi.
My daughter took my a6300 on a trip.
She's having a shutter/focus lock delay which I think is settings related, but I can't figure out what the issue is.
It's set to single shot, AF-S, flexible spot-M with box in center, metering-multi, Aperture Priority f/8 (usually-most shots outdoors).
I didn't have any issues before she left. Half-press shutter, the box would get a focus lock, beep, turn green, and no issues.
It's taking seconds for her and it's annoying and she's missing shots.
It is happening with the kit lens. She also has the 35/1.8 and 10-18, but hasn't really tried with the other lenses yet.
Any ideas what might be going on?
Thanks.

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,382 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited 10 months ago by Croasdail.

Sep 29, 2018 00:00 |  #2

Did you ever get this figured out? I occasionally have this issue - happened tonight - and a simple off then on again cleared it. But I am using a metabones adapted canon lens and sometimes they just don't talk well at first.

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

Merlin_AZ
THREAD ­ STARTER
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited 10 months ago by Merlin_AZ.

Sep 30, 2018 07:52 |  #3

No.
Still happens, but it's intermittent.
I'm wondering if it's the lens.
I hope that Sony releases a faster "kit" lens when they release a 6500 replacement.

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,085 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 30, 2018 19:36 |  #4

Does that camera have anti-flicker? My R3 has a huge delay in low light with it enabled... but turned off it's gone.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

Merlin_AZ
THREAD ­ STARTER
869 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 03, 2018 09:46 as a reply to  @ Talley's post |  #5

I've never seen an antiflicker setting.
I took some shots recently with my 35/1.8 that came out great, both on single shot and continuous wide auto focus tracking subjects, so I'm still wondering if it's the kit lens having issues.
Fingers crossed for a better one in the coming months (just rumors at this point).

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,591 views & 0 likes for this thread
shutter/focus delay a6300
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.