Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Oct 2010 (Monday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The OLDER Photographers' thread...

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
5,146 posts
Gallery: 95 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 05, 2018 01:57 |  #9916

Sounds like a solid workout.

I run one mile about 5 times a week. Followed by jumping-jacks, crunches, push-ups, etc. Later I plan to add free weights.

My diet varies, but I shy away from red meats and fatty foods, although I still eat them from time to time.

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

My best aviation photos (external link)

sponsored links
Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 05, 2018 07:56 |  #9917

Chief_10Beers wrote in post #18722423 (external link)
Any of you old farts work out?

Just check what the Title Fairy selected for me under my username! :-)

GibJock
I used to be the Kill Killer
10,142 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Oct 05, 2018 11:24 as a reply to  @ Lbsimon's post |  #9918

Good one, well done TF, she’s been kind of quiet lately.

flickr (external link)

KT29
Goldmember
3,356 posts
Gallery: 252 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 05, 2018 16:46 |  #9919

Chief_10Beers wrote in post #18722423 (external link)
Any of you old farts work out? I started last June and I lost 44lbs, I went from 254 to 210lbs and my goal is 185. I'm up to running 3 miles a day and lifting weights. I'm on a no fat diet as much as possible but my diet is red meat (cooked in olive oil or pressure cooked), fish, no fat Turkey, Greens in small portions, one hard boiled egg a day and I drink lots of unsweetened Green Tea. I cut out all Breads, Pasta, chips, potatoes, Beer, Cheese and Pork. It was a real pain in the butt at first as the last time I worked out I was 33 (28 years ago) but the more I worked out, the more I wanted to work out but it's still a pain at times.

I got pretty sick almost 4 years ago, had to sell some of my Camera equipment to help pay for my medical expenses. I quit smoking over 3years ago and I had Cataract surgery in both eyes ( nice to see thru the view finder without glasses anymore! ) and now I wanted to lose weight and get Healthy again.

BTY: One of the Items I sold was my 70-200 f/4L Glass, I just re-bought the 70-200 f/4 about 2 weeks ago, glad to have one back!

Congrats on your weight loss Chief. Part two is being able to keep it off. I managed to get rid of 35 lbs. some thirty years ago and kept it off. Keep up the good workouts.ߘ

Terry -- The Squeaky wheel gets the grease, but sometimes it's just better
to Replace it.

Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Oct 05, 2018 21:30 |  #9920

KT29 wrote in post #18723038 (external link)
Congrats on your weight loss Chief. Part two is being able to keep it off. I managed to get rid of 35 lbs. some thirty years ago and kept it off. Keep up the good workouts.ߘ

Thanks, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to keep the weight off. As a side benny, I'm able to hold my Camera a lot more steady and my Blood Pressure had dropped down to normal levels without taking my High Blood Pressure Medicine but I'll keep a close eye on that one...............

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

mark48
921 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 14, 2018 20:28 |  #9921

I keep losing things. Lost my favorite pocket knife, a Cold Steel Voyager about 2 months ago. Cannot find my wonderful little Canon Powershot Elph 300HS. I'm 70 years old and I hope that this isn't what I have to look forward to. I've never lost anything of value my entire life before.

Spencerphoto
Goldmember
1,079 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Sep 2018

Oct 14, 2018 21:40 |  #9922
bannedPermanently

Good health is simply dying as slowly as possible.

My tip? Eat plenty of birthday cake. It is an irrefutable fact that, the more birthday cake you eat, the longer you live.

I'll tell you something that isn't a joke though - arthritis. The blight of my life and, along with fibromyalgia, the thing most likely to force me off my beloved DLSRs. I have already had to stop motorcycling and I'm employing all sorts of measures to keep shooting, but the arthritis advances remorselessly each year. I'm glad that compact cameras are becoming so competent; that will be my last resort I think.

5D3, 7D2, EF 16-35 f/2.8L, EF 24-70 f/2.8L II, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF 70-200 f/2.8L II, EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF 1.4x III, Sigma 150mm macro, Lumix LX100 plus a cupboard full of bags, tripods, flashes & stuff.

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 17, 2018 15:48 as a reply to  @ Spencerphoto's post |  #9923

I know what you mean. This week I am in Paris. Today I left the 5D4/24-105L in the apartment and used only my new iPhone XS Max. The 5D is too heavy even with a BlackRapid shoulder strap. The wife was even smarter (surprise!) - she left her 6D at home in Boston and took only the M50.

hodad66
141 posts
Joined Oct 2003

Dec 16, 2018 06:52 |  #9924

At 70 I'm collecting the heaviest lenses I can find! One mitigating factor is that
I use Sony A7 bodies. My two most recent purchases are the Sigma 105 Art &
a Canon EF 200 / 2.0. My monopod is my best friend......

Sony A7RIII
Canon EOS R6
Hodad66.com (external link)
My Flickr Site (external link)
:cool:

Jonzjob
in the land of Donald Duck
1,772 posts
Gallery: 188 photos
Joined Apr 2012
Location: Ex Nr Carcassonne S France. Now NW Wiltshire, Blighty

Jan 16, 2019 04:10 |  #9925

Me? From the neck up I'm about 16, but from there down it's about 90 !-? But I'm just coming up to the mid 70s in real time. My main ambition in life for years now has been to grow old disgracefully and SWMBO says that I'm doing it well so far :-D

I still peruse my hobby of radio controlled gliders on the hill sides around Stroud, Wiltshire. That includes the odd trip to the bottom of the 600' drops when the model decides to land there :oops::oops: Going down isn't that bad, but why are they always higher from the bottom? The best way to describe it is "always radio, but not always controlled"!

As for the arthritis, I now have a shoulder strap for my Canon 80D. It takes the weight off my arthritic neck. The OP/Teck USA jobbie and is real boon.

My ambition for a good while is to grow old disgracefully. So far my wife tells me that I am doing really well!
https://johnamandiers.​wixsite.com/johns-w-o-w-1 (external link)
John.

KT29
Goldmember
3,356 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 12, 2019 11:45 |  #9926

Not much photography yesterday, but did go out and pick out a nice cemetery plot and a pretty Pine Box, for future use.ߘ

to Replace it.

GibJock
I used to be the Kill Killer
10,142 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 14, 2019 17:26 |  #9927

KT29 wrote in post #18844429 (external link)
Not much photography yesterday, but did go out and pick out a nice cemetery plot and a pretty Pine Box, for future use.ߘ

Always great to plan ahead. Congratulations!

flickr (external link)

KT29
Goldmember
3,356 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Apr 14, 2019 22:02 |  #9928

GibJock wrote in post #18845610 (external link)
Always great to plan ahead. Congratulations!

It’s an interesting experience.ߘ

to Replace it.

KT29
Goldmember
3,356 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 23, 2020 18:20 |  #9929

I finally couldn't stand just looking at some of my old cameras. Decided to resurrect the old Minolta, install some Fuji film, attach the Tokina 400mm, and have some fun. So far, its been fun.:-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

to Replace it.

joeseph
"smells like turd"
10,983 posts
Gallery: 194 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Feb 25, 2020 01:20 |  #9930

KT29 wrote in post #19015124 (external link)
I finally couldn't stand just looking at some of my old cameras. Decided to resurrect the old Minolta, install some Fuji film, attach the Tokina 400mm, and have some fun. So far, its been fun.:-)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by KT29 in
./showthread.php?p=190​15124&i=i74911502
forum: The Lounge

that's a fine looking lens, what do the pictures look like?

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", and an M5, also an M6 that has had a 720nm filter bolted onto the sensor:
TF posting: here :-)

sponsored links

1,011,081 views & 178 likes for this thread
The OLDER Photographers' thread...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.